BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: What kind of a bar or restaurant does Obama go to? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Part of it is Fox News in every bar and restaurant in big chunks of the country."

I have never seen a news channel on in a restaurant. It is usually sports right?
I am pretty sure I have seen CNN on in every airport.

Of course he is talking to a publication that put out fake news.
So, how dense is this guy?

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/12/01/greg-gutfeld-obama...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Laws
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
"I play to win, as much or more than any egoist who thinks he's going to win by other means. I want to win the match. But I don't give in to tactical reasoning as the only way to win, rather I believe that efficacy is not divorced from beauty."
mbmbmbmbmb
I rode a bicycle across the US this summer, Vancouver to New York. I'd say it was a 50/50 split between news and sports in every motel buffet, restaurant, and fast food joint I stopped in.

I do realise that you aren't actually after data, rather you couldn't let a chance to 'expose the elites' with a spot of pedantry go by.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HarlemMimeSchool wrote:
I rode a bicycle across the US this summer, Vancouver to New York. I'd say it was a 50/50 split between news and sports in every motel buffet, restaurant, and fast food joint I stopped in.

I do realise that you aren't actually after data, rather you couldn't let a chance to 'expose the elites' with a spot of pedantry go by.

Was all the news Foxnews?
Oh wait, you are only interested in being an asshole right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Laws
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
"I play to win, as much or more than any egoist who thinks he's going to win by other means. I want to win the match. But I don't give in to tactical reasoning as the only way to win, rather I believe that efficacy is not divorced from beauty."
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:

When you go through the world thinking everyone is an asshole, it might be worth considering the common denominator.

but for the record, probably a 40/60 split Fox News to CNN. Largely depending on which State, some would be all Fox all the time, cities would pretty much be CNN.

In the interest of not being a 'Dashi' though, it's an election year, of course the news is on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
HarlemMimeSchool wrote:

Did you happen to RIDE across Montana length-wise and had it seemed like ongoing "forever!"? Man! Just 'driving' during that felt as if upon some unending: "road to nowhere BUTTE, Montana"! robot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Laws
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
Did you happen to RIDE across Montana length-wise and had it seemed like ongoing "forever!"? Man! Just 'driving' during that felt as if upon some unending: "road to nowhere BUTTE, Montana"! robot

No, even better, I rode some hellish zig-zag along the mountain valleys to get to Yellowstone.

Thanks, wind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
whistle For those of "Military"-background, then did you KNOW how to get into "OFF LIMITS!" establishments, since; 'moi' HAD! cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Obama just continues his self-pitying display of ineffectual leadership. I just hope we don't have 4 years of a new guy whining endlessly about how he can't do anything because of those bad mens who are stronger, smarter and faster than him.

He's such a fucking embarrassment.

He has no idea whether bars and restaurants have Fox on the TV or if they even have TV's. How did he source this little bit of whiny shit anyway? Does he go to bars? Or eat out a lot at Applebee's? Fucking idiot. Mostly where I live, in RED-RED-REDVILLE it's sports, Almost totally sports. The airport runs CNN and sports. The microbreweries show sports. The local superb bar and grill where the best hamburger I have ever had? Sports. Why does nobody, especially the fucking Rolling Stone that just lost millions for publishing fake news, even ask him how the hell he knows what bars have on TV? Or for that matter if he believes that people have to go out to bars and eateries in order to watch TV? Moron. Fox is the #1 cable news network so I would be surprised if it wasn't on in at least some public venues, but if people want to watch it they can turn it on at home.

Gah, this guy is fucking stupid,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
He aught "hang out" within 'Games Parlours' with Catan accessible, since he had; "Morningwood-#4#-'media'sheep EVEN within their POOL!" meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burke Martin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess the irony is that most republican leaning news sources didnt endorse Trump either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another vote for virtually all bars having sports on all the time. This should be obvious to anyone who visits bars regularly, and I've visited bars in probably 40 states. I'm assuming by restaurants, they're talking about bars in restaurants, and the same applies. Otherwise you don't see tvs in restaurants. CNN is on all the time at most every airport.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
utoption2 wrote:
HarlemMimeSchool wrote:
TheDashi wrote:

When you go through the world thinking everyone is an asshole, it might be worth considering the common denominator.

but for the record, probably a 40/60 split Fox News to CNN. Largely depending on which State, some would be all Fox all the time, cities would pretty much be CNN.

In the interest of not being a 'Dashi' though, it's an election year, of course the news is on.

Dashi is a robot and "asshole" is his activation/deactivation codeword.

Go fuck a robot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
I see Fox News in restaurants pretty frequently, a couple of my favorite places flip between it and CNN on various days. That's in SD/IA, though. I don't recall seeing it in IL or LA.

I don't think I've ever seen it on in a bar, though.

Might just be regional.

Aside: Breitbart self-reports it has 45 million readers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Dienz
United States
Shelburne
Vermont
flag msg tools

Man, talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. Here is the paragraph in which Obama mentioned Fox News:

Quote:
You think it's still a progressive country?

I think that nothing is determined, but that the number of people who have a strong belief in a fair, just, equal, inclusive America is the majority and is growing. And part of the challenge, though, that we do have, and this is something that I've been chewing on for a while now, is that there is a cohort of working-class white voters that voted for me in sizable numbers, but that we've had trouble getting to vote for Democrats in midterm elections. In this election, [they] turned out in huge numbers for Trump. And I think that part of it has to do with our inability, our failure, to reach those voters effectively. Part of it is Fox News in every bar and restaurant in big chunks of the country, but part of it is also Democrats not working at a grassroots level, being in there, showing up, making arguments. That part of the critique of the Democratic Party is accurate. We spend a lot of time focused on international policy and national policy and less time being on the ground. And when we're on the ground, we do well. This is why I won Iowa.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/obama-on-his-l...
(The Fox News part is underlined to make sure no one misses it.)

A half sentence to indicate that large parts of the country consume conservative news sources, followed by suggesting Democrats need to reach out to those voters "on the ground". That's apparently enough to elicit conservative outrage. I thought liberals were the ones who are easily riled up about everything since the election?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Terwox wrote:

There are approximately 242 millions adults in the United States. According to Pew, 28% of adults report often getting news from one or more news websites. So of the 68 million adults getting news from websites, almost two thirds of them get it from Breitbart? That seems unlikely. Admittedly, "readers" doesn't mean that's where they actually get news.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
utoption2 wrote:
Side question: Can someone help me out? Why in the fuck would anyone go to any bar to watch the news (under normal circumstances, i.e. not 9/11)?

i guess it gives ya something to talk about if you got nothing else going on

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:
Terwox wrote:

There are approximately 242 millions adults in the United States. According to Pew, 28% of adults report often getting news from one or more news websites. So of the 68 million adults getting news from websites, almost two thirds of them get it from Breitbart? That seems unlikely. Admittedly, "readers" doesn't mean that's where they actually get news.

Why would it be limited to US?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
odie73 wrote:

A half sentence to indicate that large parts of the country consume conservative news sources, followed by suggesting Democrats need to reach out to those voters "on the ground". That's apparently enough to elicit conservative outrage. I thought liberals were the ones who are easily riled up about everything since the election?

Like I said, what's funny to me is that he's still blaming Fox News for everything.

What I find odd is that you somehow think his statement amounts to blaming Fox News for everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
damiangerous wrote:
Terwox wrote:

Why would it be limited to US?

Fair point. I didn't think about Breitbart as being in international demand, but when you consider the possibility of worldwide traffic it does become more plausible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
TheDashi wrote:

Go fuck a robot.
utoption2 wrote:

Hey everyone! I have great news! I win!

I just met my hidden victory condition for today!

And I did so in just one move.
sauron< utter TheDashi "magic-word" and collect Duck & Pickle ""Surprise""!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
I went to the bar last night to watch the Vikings game. I had to fight four other patrons before they'd let me switch one of the 17 TVs there off of Fox News. After I was able to vanquish my opponents, they gave me the 13" tube TV in the back corner but turned one of the speakers blaring Fox News straight at me to make sure I didn't miss out on my daily dose of indoctrination here in hickville.

You need to move here - we have flatbed trucks with dual Jumbotrons and satellite dishes that constantly circulate around the city and through the residential neighborhoods broadcasting Fox News 24/7/365 on huge speaker systems. It's a relief to not have to think for yourself and to get a daily dose of racist hate to help steel you for a day of fighting the Godless heathens
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
bjlillo wrote:
I went to the bar last night to watch the Vikings game. I had to fight four other patrons before they'd let me switch one of the 17 TVs there off of Fox News. After I was able to vanquish my opponents, they gave me the 13" tube TV in the back corner but turned one of the speakers blaring Fox News straight at me to make sure I didn't miss out on my daily dose of indoctrination here in hickville.

go to buffalo wild wings next time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
single sentences wrote:
bjlillo wrote:

go to buffalo wild wings next time

That's where I was!

I thought you said you were at a bar?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.