Mike Costanzo
United States
Berwick
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
World, meet Achoo! Achoo!, meet world.

This crazy little card game originally came about as a way of combining my love of board games with my interest in graphic design (I'm a graphic/web designer by trade). It was a fun challenge to come up with a ruleset that was simple yet engaging, and even more fun to actually design the prototype cards themselves. Design matters, after all, and I just couldn't see myself playtesting an ugly game. That's my excuse, anyway...

Achoo! is essentially a reverse set collection game (sets are bad) that also uses a player elimination-ish mechanic to trigger the endgame. I don't like traditional player elimination (too confrontational and boring for those ousted), so I came up with a "Collapsed" health status that limits what a player can do but does not remove all hope of victory. In fact, if the other players try to gang up on someone and make them collapse too early, that player will have less Viruses than anyone else and will most likely end up winning the game! This creates a tension in players' choices and hopefully yields a more enjoyable game.

Since I don't have the resources to pursue publication right now, I figured it would be best to make this game available as a free Print and Play game for anyone who was interested. I'd love to hear from you if you decide to give it a go!

Images for all the cards were created by me. The illustrations are my own work, and the other artwork was intended to serve as both a visual placeholder as well as a guide to how the final artwork of the game should feel. It's quite playable as it is, though, which is nice. Hopefully you agree. :-)

Thanks for checking out my game. Feel free to GM me with any questions. Have fun, and watch out for those Virulent Strains!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.