Hide
10 Posts

Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » General

Subject: Ant news regarding the app? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil K
msg tools
I know FFG had a tweet about this in August but it was deleted. Does this mean they totally scraped the idea or does anyone think it is still in development? I heard there may be potentially license issues so I was wondering if I should still expect it in the future?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Manning
United States
Bay City
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good lord, did I put all my eggs in one basket on this one. I had the game, painted it, sold it and thought I was done. News of an app comes out, so I bought it again, repainted it, bought a ton of the expansions and painted those. And now I await the app. If it doesn't come out I will be slightly more than disappointed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
shadowhawk720 wrote:
Does this mean they totally scraped the idea

Not that we know of. FFG has only said they are working on it and we can expect information sometime in 2017. So it's still too early to start holding your breath.

See also (includes the videos from GenCon):
Anything new about the App for this game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil K
msg tools
OK thanks for the link! Looks like it may still be in the works then. Also @dan, it seems like it would be alright but you might have to wait a while according to the link. But haha ya you got ahead of the game there. The campaign and skirmish is still a lot of fun for me though so either way you can hopefully get some good use out of it haha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cornixt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was hoping it would bee out by now. Lousey having to wait so long and mite have to wait even longer, we need to bug them more about it. This game worms itself into you, the app will fly off the shelves,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cornixt wrote:
I was hoping it would bee out by now. Lousey having to wait so long and mite have to wait even longer, we need to bug them more about it. This game worms itself into you, the app will fly off the shelves,

Hopefully they haven't mothballed the project, that would really sting. I'd love to dig into the app to see what makes it tick, so I thought I'd send FFG some snail mail asking about it. Though I suppose I could get info quicker on the web.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil K
msg tools
FFG has always been awful with how fast they get their products out after announcing. I mean look at jabbas realm for example! X wing they are really slow too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Manning
United States
Bay City
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been playing skirmish, so it's not all going to waste, but I really bought it all for the app.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
shadowhawk720 wrote:
FFG has always been awful with how fast they get their products out after announcing.

The app wasn't even announced as a product. Product announcements have a little more meat on them than "we're working on it", "it will be fun", and "expect more information sometime next year".

I hope something comes out of it, but there are potential roadblocks (or hurdles) as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shadowhawk720 wrote:
FFG has always been awful with how fast they get their products out after announcing. I mean look at jabbas realm for example! X wing they are really slow too

Very funny comment when you compare it to Total War
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.