Johnnnnnn
United States
Montebello
California
flag msg tools
badge
Haunted By a Shadowy Meeple
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really wanting to get a copy of this for my BGG Secret Santa for Christmas! Does anyone know when it is slated for release? I see an entry for it at an online store, but availability is "TBA"...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R B
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
I saw that there's an official launch party scheduled tomorrow, but I don't know if that means the retail version will be in stores.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Lamprey
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 5 copies of the works edition in stock at miniature market

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
Digmecolder wrote:
There are 5 copies of the works edition in stock at miniature market

The Works edition is not the official retail release. I'd hope it would be soon to catch at least some of the Christmas rush.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Lamprey
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know it's not the official release... but if people want them they are there. or at least 5 of them are

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
Digmecolder wrote:
I know it's not the official release... but if people want them they are there. or at least 5 of them are

Fair enough. I just want to be clear, given the title of the thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Digmecolder wrote:

The Works will also cost 3 times more than retail, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
Amazon says it has some in stock, but I think those may be KS editions (non-Works).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Lamprey
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jnowak415 wrote:
Digmecolder wrote:

The Works will also cost 3 times more than retail, too.

Wow... forget I even mentioned it... jeez

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the price at MM, the Works edition isn't that bad.
Just go look at eBay for how much speculators are selling it for, and MM is actually a decent deal.

I'm surprised there's still any left. Had I not already spent my gaming budget this month, I would have sprung for it.
Here's hoping it's still there next month.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnnnnnn
United States
Montebello
California
flag msg tools
badge
Haunted By a Shadowy Meeple
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all your help, guys! Happy Holidays

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brain
United States
Belvidere
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Coolstuffinc just added the retail version today. They have 20+ copies "in stock".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R B
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Yes, I just received shipping notification from CSI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My FLGS, Comic Quest in Lake Forest, CA, had the retail edition on their shelf today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David SL
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
anarchy wrote:
My FLGS, Comic Quest in Lake Forest, CA, had the retail edition on their shelf today.

And yet, still no official announcement from IDW on this! What is going on with their marketing team??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
DavidSL wrote:
anarchy wrote:

And yet, still no official announcement from IDW on this! What is going on with their marketing team??

I'm just curious if you are ever going to post anything positive? I ask that sincerely, because you seem very negative on everything IDW.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PRSthruVOX wrote:
DavidSL wrote:
anarchy wrote:

I'm just curious if you are ever going to post anything positive? I ask that sincerely, because you seem very negative on everything IDW.

I can't speak for David, but we are an OLGS who backed the campaign as a retailer for several copies of both the Works and the "standard" KS Edition. We completed the Pledge Manager properly and timely. To date, we received one copy of the Works, and nothing else. I have reached out to IDW through multiple channels (e-mail at two different IDW accounts, KS Messages, KS Comments, etc.), and have yet to receive any response at all.

The KS comments are filled with backers who have not received anything yet, including some other retailers. IDW has not responded to any comments. The one update they sent on November 30 completely ignored the dozens of backers who said they have not received their order yet, instead discussing international fulfillment, and a lifestream event. There was this one sentence in the update:

Quote:
On the domestic front, the best system to contact us for any needs is games@idwpublishing.com. If you need anything let us know and we'll get to you as fast as possible.

Multiple commenters responded that they sent e-mails to that address weeks ago and have not yet received a response. Us included. Still no response from IDW.

I really have no idea what is going on. We (The Game Steward) specialize in backing Kickstarter campaigns (over 500 now), and have never experienced this level of silence from a large and established company before. And the fact that other retailers who backed the campaign are in the same situation makes it even more bizarre. Clearly some retailers, such as Miniature Market, have received their orders, which makes it all the more troubling and frustrating.

We make it a point to not publicly criticize publishers if there are private means to resolve issues. We've waited patiently for weeks for any kind of response, and we are always eager to work with publishers who are experiencing problems for whatever reason. But that requires a demonstration of good faith by the publisher. We're now at the point that there is little else for us to do because we can't get ANY kind of response.

We're going to reach out to other retailers who are in the same situation to see what kind of response they have received, if any. Hopefully we'll get a substantive response from IDW soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
@The Game Steward, I sympathize with your situation. I am not an IDW apologist; I only attempt to be fair. As a Works backer myself I am fully aware of the issues and the updates, and I have played the waiting game along with many. So I have no issue with those who are backers (or who work directly with IDW) voicing complaints and frustration with the situation. It's the people who did not back the KS, who have voiced hesitation to even buy the game, who complain about things that don't directly affect them -- those are the people who grow tiresome. There is a difference between being negative, and voicing complaints in an attempt to get things settled. "What the hell is wrong with them" tends to be the former rather than the latter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PRSthruVOX wrote:
@The Game Steward, I sympathize with your situation. I am not an IDW apologist; I only attempt to be fair. As a Works backer myself I am fully aware of the issues and the updates, and I have played the waiting game along with many. So I have no issue with those who are backers (or who work directly with IDW) voicing complaints and frustration with the situation. It's the people who did not back the KS, who have voiced hesitation to even buy the game, who complain about things that don't directly affect them -- those are the people who grow tiresome. There is a difference between being negative, and voicing complaints in an attempt to get things settled. "What the hell is wrong with them" tends to be the former rather than the latter.

I understand where you are coming from. As I said, we've backed over 500 campaigns, and follow the forums of most of those games. Every so often a publisher will do something, sometimes unintentional, to bring on a flurry of negative attention, with some individuals quite insistent to maintain the negative feedback. Usually it just sputters and disappears on its own after a while.

What I have never seen is another person successfully asking for the negativity to stop. Usually it has the reverse consequence of bringing on even more negative feedback. It's the internet.

In our case, we don't mean to bring on negative attention to IDW, and if they reach out tomorrow to communicate with us, then we'll gladly work it out in private with them. If anyone happens to have a connection to, or a contact with, IDW, please let us know, so we can begin that dialogue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David SL
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
PRSthruVOX wrote:
DavidSL wrote:
anarchy wrote:

Then you really have been cherry-picking my posts. I've said a lot of positive things about this game throughout my time here.

As for positivity about IDW, I've stated numerous times how much I love the work they've done on the TMNT comic series. My question wasn't invalid, what is going on with their marketing for this game? So many people have asked questions that haven't been responded to, and no one has announced a retail date despite people now saying it is available to order. The whole thing has been shoddy from start to finish.

You can keep apologising and making excuses for IDW all you like, but as someone who was ready to back on day one, I've yet to see any real actual effort from them to engage with potential and existing customers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
DavidSL wrote:
You can keep apologising and making excuses for IDW all you like

Feel free to quote me to back up your statements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David SL
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
PRSthruVOX wrote:
DavidSL wrote:
You can keep apologising and making excuses for IDW all you like

Feel free to quote me to back up your statements.

Why? This is all just talk about a board game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The feud was cute in the beginning. It's getting boring now. You two need to just ignore each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
I saw it on the shelf today at my FLGS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
donnbobhardy wrote:
The feud was cute in the beginning. It's getting boring now. You two need to just ignore each other.

It isn't a feud to me. I just don't think it's right for his false statements and negativity to be the kind of thing people see when they come here, whether they be from IDW or potential customers. So I plan to be the voice of reason around here, and I plan to be so for as long as I'm around. If he has a problem with that, it's not on me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.