Hide
4 Posts

Mistfall» Forums » Strategy

Subject: What is Haerag good for? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Hewlett
msg tools
So I can see the different strengths of a number of the different characters, but was wondering what Haerag does better than other players? Why should I bring him in my team? In general he seems weaker than the other characters, and while his attaching frost cards might seem cool doesn't seem to have much of a benefit.

Any tips?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Rowe
United Kingdom
Spalding
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
In order to make time for writing I must give up working or gaming...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure Hareag has a clear power advantage that Celenthia doesn't. He's more challenging to play and thus a bit more rewarding. Some of his powers are awesome in an opportunistic way - like cancelling enemy attacks or abilities with Frost Grip and Frost Nova. His Blade of Shiver can make him a doughty melee opponent in a way that Celenthia doesn't match. He can recycle cards with Winter Teaching. But no, he's really just a more nuanced and less straightforward version of Celenthia in power terms... but I love playing him most

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Walker
United States
Chuluota
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played with enough characters to compare and contrast.

I can say that in my last play he was a slow starter but calling in a blizzard in the final turn to wipe the board of small guys and put 3 damage on the Abomination, then letting Venda finish the job was a real turning point for my appreciation of this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Dealing reliable double attack damage more (focus) efficiently than Celenthia, mainly. Is a bit more (resolve) expensive to get going since he needs both Blade (to get his second repeatable attack) and Aura (to have his stuff de-facto deal 1 more damage. At no focus cost unlike Cel's aura, which is probably his main advantage.)

Blizzard doesn't really count, Celenthia has just about the same thing. While satisfying, I've also almost always found them utter overkill. Under the new time system, the +Reinforcement you pay for each chargeup is also a pretty considerable cost.

Frost Nova is a solid way to protect a tank that overpulled, but with the aftermath draw-up gone now (under HoM rules) it's probably not an engine card anymore (recurred for use each round via Arani Sacrifice) because he'll lack the needed discards without heavy card draw work. Still a very good panicbutton though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.