Subject: Why isn't spartan chess more popluar rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hunter Clark
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have only come up with 2 scenarios as to why spartan chess isn't popular. Either not enough people know about spartan chess or their interest level isn't as high as mine is.

I haven't yet played a real game versus a human player yet but my battles against the computer were always very interesting! I've seen many chess variants with unequal armies but they almost always have the same pawns. This is where I think that spartan chess thrives! Even the pawns are different from eachother.the new hoplites have a strong movement advantage over whites pawns however whites pawns make up for this with its ability to control two squares at once. The hoplites have to be careful not to move too far away from their original files or they tend to open the door up for the pawns to promote.

I would just love to watch two masters play this game. I can only imagine a master who is absolutely dominant as one army choice facing off against a master who is dominant with the other choice, in a immovable object vs an unstoppable force type of event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.