$30.00
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was under the impression that all monster movement was considered to happen simultaneously, because none of the rulebooks talk about any sub-phases to movement, or resolving movement in any order. Therefore any effects of a monster's movement should take place at the end of all monster movement.

But the phrase "After Agranok moves" creates a little confusion, suggesting his movement should be thought of as a distinct step within the movement phase. (If so, that would affect some things, like: if Agranok revives a Herald after moving, does that Herald get a chance to move during this phase?) Have I been doing it wrong...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vic R
Spain
Tomares (Seville)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that means that if the player prevents that agranok moves that round (using tar or magic) then the effect doesnt happen. At least that the way we played

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vica8081 wrote:
I think that means that if the player prevents that agranok moves that round (using tar or magic) then the effect doesnt happen. At least that the way we played

Yes... and that's precisely why, for instance, the rule "After Agranok moves, revive a herald..." is misleading. The rule should read "After Monster Movement, revive... " which would erase the ambiguity. Unless you and I are doing something wrong...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vic R
Spain
Tomares (Seville)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wretched Git wrote:
vica8081 wrote:

Yes... and that's precisely why, for instance, the rule "After Agranok moves, revive a herald..." is misleading. The rule should read "After Monster Movement, revive... " which would erase the ambiguity. Unless you and I are doing something wrong...

But if the rule would be "After Monster Movement, revive... " there wont be any way to prevent the special effects of Agranok. As it is written "After Agranok moves..." players can try to stop Agranok to prevent its special power to happen. I think that is part of the game, i.e. you see there are already two herald out, so Agranok can appear anytime soon and player try to save tar and/or special magic to stopped it and slay it as soon as possible

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vica8081 wrote:
Wretched Git wrote:
vica8081 wrote:

But if the rule would be "After Monster Movement, revive... " there wont be any way to prevent the special effects of Agranok. As it is written "After Agranok moves..." players can try to stop Agranok to prevent its special power to happen. I think that is part of the game, i.e. you see there are already two herald out, so Agranok can appear anytime soon and player try to save tar and/or special magic to stopped it and slay it as soon as possible

Right, but there would be no confusion with the clarified language, because the rulebook already says not to roll the die for Agranok if he is prevented from moving in phase 5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.