Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Unsworth
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So I'm just getting into Blood Bowl, and enjoying it but ...

Do you automatically have a team that starts with a Sub or is that just a feature of the points you spend on putting the team together? I'm just wondering because you do get 12 figures per side but you only field 11 so?

Also ... is there a convention for the team numbers? as in 9/10 are the Blitzers? Something like that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Brownscombe
Australia
Faulconbridge
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the 12th figure in the box is so you can have a sub if you wish
you can have up to 16 players total in the team obviously these are not in the main box and will have to be sourced separately.
as for numbering models, you can number them any way you wish
they are mainly there for identifying the player so you can know what player has what skills
as players get retired or killed during a campaign you may want to replace a lineman with a Blitzer and you could easily give them the same number
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Williams
United Kingdom
Rossendale
Lancs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of your questions were answered in the last post but no you don't have to start with 12 players in your team.

In league play you start with 1M gold and have to buy at least 11 players and it is recommended some cash goes on re-rolls as they cost double once the league starts. Unless you have very cheap players then many teams only start with 11 and an Apo if you can afford it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Nichols
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
valenswift wrote:
Unless you have very cheap players then many teams only start with 11 and an Apo if you can afford it.

As well as the cost also consider how fragile your players are. If you are playing as skaven with their AV7 on most players you'll need more than 11 players. If you are playing as orcs with mostly AV9 you can probably get away with 11.

Unfortunately there are so few models available at the moment you're very limited regarding how many players and which positionals you can take.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Unsworth
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks

The questions were more convention that rules based but all good information.

I'm busy painting up the humans now, very happy :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmb
Not sure if there is a convention. I personally number my players with the positionals in front and then the other guys.

My current Slann roster is:
Catchers:1-4
Blitzers:5-8 (only 5,6 currently on team)
Krox: 9
Lineman: 10-16

The main question is whether you want to leave blanks to keep the positionals which could be added nearby. Then when you roll the d16 and the model is not on the roster currently you just roll again.

For Humans I would probably do:
Throwers:1,2
Blizters:3-6
Catchers:7-10
Lineman:9-15
Ogre: 16

Notice that Catchers and Lineman Overlap as most people do not play all the catchers allowed but sometime might have more than 6 lineman (due to Journeymen and such).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone covered it but reiterate there is no need to bother numbering your guys unless you are playing league play and/or building a team you want to "level up".

The only need to number is to differentiate players as they gain skills. If you don't want to paint and or number them you can also use unique models.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wyant
United States
Spindale
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I generally number my Blitzers 1-4, Throwers 5-6, catchers/Blockers 7-10, line 11-15, Ogre/Troll 16. But you can do it any way you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.