Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Hive» Forums » General

Subject: Is this version sold at Target wooden or bakelite? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
msg tools
I'd like to buy this from Target since I have some store credit I can use, but I want to make sure if I order this online from them it will be the bakelite pieces. Is there any way to tell? They list the UPC as 4260071875150:

www.target.com/p/smart-zone-games-hive-strategy-game/-/A-215...

On Amazon, that UPC is listed as "2nd edition":

www.amazon.com/Gen-Four-Two-Games-TCI52239/dp/B000EVLUB8/?ta...

and somebody claims it is the wooden edition. But they may be confused and Amazon groups reviews together, so I don't know which version is which.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew P.
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm about 100% sure that both of those versions are the bakelite. I haven't even seen the wooden pieces for sale before.

I guess it's worth mentioning that those versions are the ivory and black pieces with the bugs painted different colors. That's what I have, and while I prefer it, there is the Carbon edition which is all black and white.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ri
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I concur. It looks just like the version I have, and my pieces are bakelite. I think all (current) versions are bakelite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

That is indeed a bakelite version -- the wooden versions have MUCH different box art:

Those versions are also much older, from 2000 and 2005 respectively.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
Thanks everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Yianni
United Kingdom
Potters Bar
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
rilos wrote:
I'd like to buy this from Target since I have some store credit I can use, but I want to make sure if I order this online from them it will be the bakelite pieces. Is there any way to tell? They list the UPC as 4260071875150:

www.target.com/p/smart-zone-games-hive-strategy-game/-/A-215...

On Amazon, that UPC is listed as "2nd edition":

www.amazon.com/Gen-Four-Two-Games-TCI52239/dp/B000EVLUB8/?ta...

and somebody claims it is the wooden edition. But they may be confused and Amazon groups reviews together, so I don't know which version is which.

Eric
Be careful of anyone selling Hive and saying its made of wood.
There have been some fake Hive games being sold in China and on Ebay,that are not made by us and have cheep wooden pieces but still using the box artwork of our current Hive (Not wooden) games.
These games are rip-offs and have nothing to do with us. They even use our company name and my name on the box, so it's hard to tell they are fakes.
The only wooden games we have ever produced are the ones pictured above by Justin.
Any other Hive games with wooden pieces not contained in these two boxes are fakes.

Regards
John
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.