Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
In the first update after funding (Update #107), they close with the note "PS: This looks interesting. Not sure what it’s all about…" and this picture:

Looks like Thor to me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. See everybody again in 2018.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Verheij
msg tools
mbmb
Heh well I figured it would be norse since its about as popular as greek mythology. Maybe even slightly more popular to the point it has been a bit overdone in recent years.

But seeing how deep they went into mythology for this game, I am sure they will bring us many more obscure heroes and beasts, and also a bit of their own spin on them.

I'm not sure yet if I will pledge to that one too though when I already have plenty of Phanteon. Since it would be a very similar game and I tend to avoid buying games that are very similar. But who knows? will be a long way off anyways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah H
United States
Friendswood
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Prince of Guelph wrote:

Good motivation to ship the game EARLY- the sooner we get it and play, the sooner they can KS the Norse expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Sanchez
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Prince of Guelph wrote:

Isn't it more likely they'll KS MB: Asgard in late 2017?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Uhm, actually that is Max Tesla from Queens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Johnson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
nexbot wrote:
Prince of Guelph wrote:

Leo said they were going to wait until people had Pantheon and had time to play it before the next Mythic Battles KS. I'm thinking it will be more like May\ June 2018. Ok, I'm hoping because I need to save up some money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Sanchez
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Grodd1016 wrote:
nexbot wrote:
Prince of Guelph wrote:

Leo said they were going to wait until people had Pantheon and had time to play it before the next Mythic Battles KS. I'm thinking it will be more like May\ June 2018. Ok, I'm hoping because I need to save up some money.

Nice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David E
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Boardgame Aesthete
mbmbmbmbmb
nexbot wrote:

I hope not. My budget needs more time to recover. Plus Rising Sun is coming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Long Nguyen
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
I thought Leo said they had another game planned and will come back to MB after that one? Unless I heard wrong..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Verheij
msg tools
mbmb
It would be a very dumb strategy to kickstart it before people get a chance to buy and play Phanteon.

Get people hooked on Phanteon first, then you can make more money from the kickstarter.
Which would translate to much more stretch goals if they launch it in the summer of 2018 instead of december 2017.

Depending on how well the game does, that would likely end up being a difference of millions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grodd1016 wrote:
Leo said they were going to wait until people had Pantheon and had time to play it before the next Mythic Battles KS. I'm thinking it will be more like May/June 2018.

I think so too. Léo explicitely said they first want to do all the fulfillment for Panthéon before releasing a new KS.

Next to that, december/january are never a good months to start a KS. So I wouldn't expect the Mythic Battles: Ragnarok KickStarter before march/april 2018. Meaning we may play it Q1 2019.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Sanchez
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
AmadanNaBriona wrote:
nexbot wrote:

When is it coming?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nexbot wrote:
AmadanNaBriona wrote:
nexbot wrote:

When is it coming?

hmm next sun rise, tomorrow 8:15 local time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryant Ross
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhalius wrote:
Heh well I figured it would be norse since its about as popular as greek mythology. Maybe even slightly more popular to the point it has been a bit overdone in recent years.

Agreed. I'd prefer Egyptian Gods and mythology.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Everingham
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah I'm not shocked they are doing Norse next. If my guess is right, they'll do Norse then Japanese or Chinese after that. They could also do Babylonian or Indian. As much as I'd like Egyptian, there aren't many heroes and the same goes for Mayan and Incan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas H
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to add some settings... Celtic, Aztec (or general native American) could be interesting...

And of course rules to allow gods of different mythologies to 'duke it out'! cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Bruno
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cthulhu mythos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Johnson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
But what I want to know is if we'll get a preview mini of the next game in our Pandora's Box? I wouldn't mind seeing a Valkyrie or Einherjar mini.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Verheij
msg tools
mbmb
If they follow the trend we'd get a troop. I imagine the valkyries would be making up the bulk of the female heroes.

Would be pretty cool if they released a "ride of the valkyries" package containing five valkyrie heroes or such. Once the game goes into kickstarter of course.

Anyways, a norse troop to put in as a teaser..
Maybe a huscarl?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Robertson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Wolvercote wrote:
Cthulhu mythos.

NOOOOOO. Anything but more Cthulu shoehorned into everything. There are so many better options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David E
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Boardgame Aesthete
mbmbmbmbmb
jammerben87 wrote:
NOOOOOO. Anything but more Cthulu shoehorned into everything. There are so many better options.

I have to agree. I already have Cthulhu Wars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the Florian Trout
United States
Arvada
CO
flag msg tools
i hope i'm in the minority, but i thought they'd have to combine Norse & Egyptian in order to get something close to this. for Norse Gods, i know of quite a bit. for Heroes, i know none. for Monsters, they have a Snake and some Frost Giants.

obviously my Norse knowledge is gimped, but is there really a lot? are there Heroes (that aren't actually Gods)?

regardless, at minimum i'd get a Core Set so i can battle between Norse/Greek. if i get any expansions, that would mean that the Core Set was missing key Gods that i've actually heard of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sigmund and Beowulf off the top of my head.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Verheij
msg tools
mbmb
I think the Valkyries would also count as heroes, and there's about 20 of them or such, I think?

They might also draw on historical figures, considering that Leonidas was also not a hero of greek mythology. Just needs to fit the timeframe they set Ragnarok in.

I assume it's a later date than of Phanteon since the Norse mythology did not really come into its own untill many years later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.