Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all

I just started playing through the road to legend campaign. I noticed that when monster groups were activated in the tutorial the turn order goes hero, monster group a, hero 2, monster group b, end of round.

Last time i read the descent game manual the heroes went one after the other, then the overlord activated the monsters. Road to legend seems to copy imperial assault.

Was this change made strictly for the app, or did they make a change to the core game as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pater Absurdus
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
There's really no wrong way to use a margarita pool
badge
"What is best in Life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
mbmbmbmbmb
shooshoo wrote:
Hey all

I just started playing through the road to legend campaign. I noticed that when monster groups were activated in the tutorial the turn order goes hero, monster group a, hero 2, monster group b, end of round.

Last time i read the descent game manual the heroes went one after the other, then the overlord activated the monsters. Road to legend seems to copy imperial assault.

Was this change made strictly for the app, or did they make a change to the core game as well?

Based on the road to legend PDF it appears to be a change only made for the app.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where is the pdf?

Maybe ishould play the board game like this too. Seems to work well for IA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pater Absurdus
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
There's really no wrong way to use a margarita pool
badge
"What is best in Life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
mbmbmbmbmb
shooshoo wrote:
Where is the pdf?

Maybe ishould play the board game like this too. Seems to work well for IA

Open the app and hit the rules button.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Teroux
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, you'll find the Road to Legend rules under 'Support' from the Descent Second Edition page on the publisher's web site: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/descent-journ...

You can also access the Road to Legend rules directly from the app's main page.

Regarding monster activation, I don't believe that applying the app's rules to the physical board game would be wise, as those scenarios and campaigns were designed with the initial system in mind (i.e. alternating between all monster groups and all heroes). Using the app's rule could potentially disrupt the balance of the game.

The Road to Legend scenarios and campaigns are original and were designed for the new rule.

Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah good point. While i am grateful for road to legend and it allowing solo and coop play i still feel it doesnt replace the overlord. I would prefer to play against a person any day. Ive played through 1.5 missions on road to legend and i think its really cool. Glad to have this option for solo play bc not many ppl in my group are interested im decent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.