flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance Kickstarter - February 2017
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings, Space Barbarians!

My game design studio, Quixotic Games, joined Twitter this week, and I wanted to invite you to come follow us for the latest news and spoilers for 2017.

We are planning on having up to 5 game designs published in 2017, including one that returns me to a particular galaxy that we've all come to love over the past 5 years. ninja

And you know, I just can't resist teasing out a good spoiler every once in a while. I pretty much need therapy at this point. surprise

If you're interested, please visit us at https://twitter.com/Quixotic_Games

Thanks!

Andrew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Azure Khan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Andrew Parks wrote:

My game design studio, Quixotic Games, joined Twitter this week, and I wanted to invite you to come follow us for the latest news and spoilers for 2017.

We are planning on having up to 5 game designs published in 2017, including one that returns me to a particular galaxy that we've all come to love over the past 5 years. ninja

And you know, I just can't resist teasing out a good spoiler every once in a while. I pretty much need therapy at this point. surprise

Thanks!

Andrew

I assume that galaxy is CW, but my guess from previous information is that it's unlikely to be an expansion. I've heard whispers of a CW board game, which would be interesting. I'd love to see an expansion of the lore in the game. I feel like it's all very surface. Have you contemplated working with an artist/writer and creating a little CW comic to showcase the personalities that exist in the game?

EDIT: I'd love to see a board game that supports 2-6 players. We love CW, but our group fluctuates between 3 and 6, and we've had to come up with all sorts of house rules for Sector V to support 6 players in CW.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance Kickstarter - February 2017
mbmbmbmbmb
gamesaint wrote:
Andrew Parks wrote:

Thanks!

Andrew

I assume that galaxy is CW, but my guess from previous information is that it's unlikely to be an expansion. I've heard whispers of a CW board game, which would be interesting. I'd love to see an expansion of the lore in the game. I feel like it's all very surface. Have you contemplated working with an artist/writer and creating a little CW comic to showcase the personalities that exist in the game?

EDIT: I'd love to see a board game that supports 2-6 players. We love CW, but our group fluctuates between 3 and 6, and we've had to come up with all sorts of house rules for Sector V to support 6 players in CW.

You are right on target, my friend, both with player count and with theme. An alternate title for this game might be "Aftermath".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Azure Khan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Andrew Parks wrote:

You are right on target, my friend, both with player count and with theme. An alternate title for this game might be "Aftermath".

The funny part is, after I posted, I thought about what a board game could look like. I imagined what would occur when the warlords all made it to the Galactic Center and were forced to come to an uneasy truce, and the entire thrust of the game would be a point based resource management game where each person tries to build up their new piece of the empire.

I'm sure that's probably too far to be a good guess, but "Aftermath" was the first theme I considered when I imagined a CW board game follow-up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.