Robert DeArmond
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

I am curious and interested by this game. I watched The Dice Tower review of it, and I am really not interested in the trick-taking portion of the game.

Will this game work using a draft instead? Is it as fun?
It seems that the rules could be modified to do two drafts of six cards each.

Thanks much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only way to find out is to give it a go, I suppose. But I see no reason why it wouldn't be worth trying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kalle Malmioja
Finland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You definitely could try it.

The thing that would be missing would be the playing the cubes for +60.

If you really want to stir things up, you could try the following:

Play with the A-side. Each player draws a card from the deck and then simultaneously reveal them. Then the players would grab a card they want, kind a like Factory Fun(ner) or Dungeon Rush. The player who took the last card would lose a cube from their map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert DeArmond
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, that does make resources slightly less useful, if you don't send them to a factory.

Maybe have unused resources turn to points at the end? 2 unused/no factory resources equals one point?

Another option is, if you turn in two resources during a draft, you may draw one extra map card from the deck, choose which one you will select, and then choose a card to return to the deck. (similar to how the Menu card works in Sushi Go Party!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Morris
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
This size viola da gamba is like a cello with frets. I started playing at age 48.
mbmbmbmbmb
A straightforward draft works fine. Pass to the left for the first six cards, then to the right for the later six. Since resources cannot be used to bid, the players will need to focus more on factories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a simple use of a cube to make it valuable in a draft:

Discard a cube to hold your hand and use it for another turn; the player to your right passes their hand two cards left that turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.