Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Interesting! Nice free shipping at $90. Hmmm....

Quote:
To our Game Surplus Customers:

We would like to update you on changes that have been happening at Game Surplus.

As of October 1st, ownership of the company was passed to Carmen and Elaine Petruzzelli. Some of you have already been interacting with them in your purchases, etc. The Petruzzelli's live here in the Lancaster area, are long time customers and fans of Game Surplus, and Carmen is, himself, an avid gamer. Watch for an update coming soon in the 'about us' section of the website.

A few practical points:

1. The location of the business is staying the same, so local pickups will remain as before.

2. Rather than posting new game arrivals on Friday evenings, the website will be updated as new games arrive, so check back often to see what's new.

3. Lots of new inventory has already been added, and along with that a great benefit for you - FREE shipping on orders over $90.00!

We are excited about the knowledge, experience and passion Carmen and Elaine bring to the business. Game Surplus has a very bright future indeed!

Amos & I want to say "Thank you!" for your support, patience and many, many kind words of encouragement you've shared with us in the past several years. It has truly been a pleasure doing business with you.

Game on!

Velma Smucker

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
Great Falls
Virginia
flag msg tools
Hopefully their good customer service survives this ownership change like it did with the previous one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Christopher
United States
North Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I still owe Velma for helping get my grail game...TurfMaster meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder why the change in ownership again. Thor was awesome. I did some business with Velma. Now a new owner...have to wait and see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shaud
United States
Landisville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Shop at GameSurplus.com
badge
Shop at GameSurplus.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I have personally known the new owners for 20 years. They are amazing people and I can guarantee they will continue the excellent customer service that you have come to expect from Game Surplus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scot Duvall
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
I've had multiple orders already with the new owners. Great service !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Plante
United States
Greenville
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottNotSteve wrote:
I've had multiple orders already with the new owners. Great service !

I just placed an order with the new owners and the service was still excellent. The $90 free shipping was a pleasant change too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It might be helpful if they started doing something like daily deals or at least had a major sale once in a while. They never really get in the hot deals forum, and I only really think about them when I know I'm looking for something harder to get. This is likely why they keep changing owners. The various owners have been great, but I don't even order once a year from them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Plante
United States
Greenville
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:
It might be helpful if they started doing something like daily deals or at least had a major sale once in a while. They never really get in the hot deals forum, and I only really think about them when I know I'm looking for something harder to get. This is likely why they keep changing owners. The various owners have been great, but I don't even order once a year from them.

A fair point, but I will say their prices are competitive, they now offer free shipping at $90 and their packing is the best I've ever seen. I've never gotten a dinged game from them. My biggest problem is sometimes finding the games I want to order on their site, the selection isn't as vast as other stores. All that said I'm a firm believer in supporting small business owners (especially since my wife is one).
Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carmen Petruzzelli
United States
Lancaster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:

Thank you for the feedback. Our website is dated, for sure. We are in the midst of a full redesign. We've spared no expense in locating the finest design team we could find. Today, we chose our front page layout. We are hoping the site will launch March 2017. The updated site will allow for many new features, including those you mentioned.
We've hired a Social Media Director, which has increased exposure.
Customer Service, quality packaging, and imports have built Game Surplus' reputation. We plan to continue supplying all of them.
The concerns in the past were mainly 1). no free shipping and 2). Inventory.
We instituted free shipping at $90. We traveled to Spiel and have worked to bring in the best titles. We have invested close to $100,000 in new inventory. We have a long way to go but, after only a couple months, hopefully our commitment to the hobby and attention to your concerns is evident.
Now that the new release rush is slowing down, we are preparing for our first largescale sale. Sale items will be added daily (alphabetically) and can be found under the Browse button (Games on Sale). Several 2016 releases will be included but the majority will be older titles and expansions.

Thank you for the kind words and support. We appreciate it.
We are proud to serve the gaming community.
Best wishes for a happy, healthy, and safe holiday season!
Carmen
Owner
Game Surplus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.