$35.00
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Combat Commander, Up Front, Julius Caesar, Fields of Fire! The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Questions:

1. How do you play a breaching charge against a building? Is it in the same location as the soldier or an adjacent one? The reason I ask is that if the location is a farmhouse (3 to enter) does it require one soldier to first move into that location, then detonate the charge, making it easier for those who follow? Or can you breach from the previous location thus making it easier for even the first unit/soldier to move into it?

2. Does the equipment listed on a NPS Soldier card count against your Resource set up? Or is that "free"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveyJJ wrote:
Questions:

1. How do you play a breaching charge against a building? Is it in the same location as the soldier or an adjacent one? The reason I ask is that if the location is a farmhouse (3 to enter) does it require one soldier to first move into that location, then detonate the charge, making it easier for those who follow? Or can you breach from the previous location thus making it easier for even the first unit/soldier to move into it?

2. Does the equipment listed on a NPS Soldier card count against your Resource set up? Or is that "free"?

1/
W-172
Breaching Charge 1 RP - Equipment
Expend to permanently
reduce a
Structure Location’s
Entrance cost by 3.
Gain 1 Action.
Limit 1 per Location.

See page 25 Entering A Location...
Pay the Location’s Entrance cost before entering the Location.
Your Soldier’s Movement value, Equipment, and Action cards
may reduce the number of cards that you need to discard.

Your soldier with the breaching charge can expend it
A/ when entering a location, before paying movement cost
or
B/ when in a location, on that location

If A/ then the reduction happens before you have to pay the entrance cost (see page 25 of the rules).

Immediately that you use it (which doesn't require an action) the soldier that uses it gains an action!!!! surprise

Bangalore Torpedo to the fore - Fire in the Hold! arrrh

-------

2/

A NPS or SQ comes with all skills and gear listed for the RP listed on the card.

There are a few skills that you can additionally buy for a NPS or SQ (eg Panic) that modifies (+/-) the Cost listed on the NPS or SQ soldier's card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Combat Commander, Up Front, Julius Caesar, Fields of Fire! The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
So the equipment that the NPS/squads come with default do count towards the mission's resource point cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Webster
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Tech & BoardGaming Nerd
mbmbmbmbmb
No, any of the skills or equipment actually printed on the NPS or Squad card (or Player Soldier card, for that matter) are included in the purchase price (even those that refund RP, such as Panic).

There are a small number of skill cards that can be purchased for NPS or Squads. I believe that in the current mix (Base + Exp 1-12) there are three different cards: Panic and His Number is Up (available to both NPS and Squads) and Green (only available to NPS).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveyJJ wrote:
So the equipment that the NPS/squads come with default do count towards the mission's resource point cost.

For example
I want to add Squad Soldier Allen to my section

I pay 5 RP

he comes with everything on his card for NO extra cost*.

The Disadvantage of a Squad Soldier (or NPS) is that I cannot give him any more weapons or equipment.

He is effectively what he is and you can change very little**

Unlike a Player Soldier - who I can keep loading up with weapons and equipment till I run out of RP or he runs out of Loadout.

*When Dan calculates the squad soldier (and NPS) RP cost - he uses a formula that takes into account all the stats and gear and skills and spits out a single RP value.

** There are a very few skills that you can add to a PS/NPS/SqS -
eg W-180 Panic -1
You can purchase this card for any
Soldier. There must be at least 3
Soldiers selected to be able to
purchase this card.
Suffer a Suppress each time
a Soldier is Downed.

Adding Panic to a soldier reduces your RP expenditure - but you cannot add Panic to a soldier that already has Panic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it, thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.