Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Rindfleisch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that the Kickstarter is over, we can finally answer the question some people have had... how many stat clips do we need to cover all stretch goal dashboards, or how many colored ones do we need if we want to make everything pretty?

Just to cover stretch goals (and have EVERYTHING in the Classic Brown Color)

- Classic Stat Clips (Brown): 37 = 4 Packs

NOTE: If you have the typhon bundle, you don't need to buy any additional stat clips to have enough to cover the SG dashboards BUT if you want them all to be the classic brown, you will need 3 additional packs (1 pack of Brown is included in the Typhon bundle)

To Make Everything Color Coded
A) God Pledge (Core + SGs Only)
- 12 Yellow = 2 Packs
- 20 Gray = 2 Packs
- 18 Green = 2 Packs
- 1 Blue = 1 Pack

B) God Pledge + Titan Bundle
- 15 Yellow = 2 Packs
- 39 Gray = 4 Packs
- 36 Green = 4 Packs
- 5 Blue = 1 Pack

C) God Pledge + Typhon Bundle
- 16 Yellow = 2 Packs Total (1 additional not in the bundle)
- 40 Gray = 4 Packs Total (3 additional not in the bundle)
- 37 Green = 4 Packs Total (3 additional not in the bundle)
- 5 Blue = 1 Pack Total (0 additional as the bundle has all you need)

EDIT: It was further clarified that each clip is intended to cover both sides of each dashboard (English and French on either side). So if you do some mixing and matching, and only have the colored clips on the side you intend to use (with a classic brown "back") then you effectively double the coverage from a single pack of clips. so

D) God Pledge + Typhon Bundle (Using the half-clip method)
- 16 Yellow = 1 Packs Total (0 as the bundle has all you need)
- 40 Gray = 2 Packs Total (1 additional not in the bundle)
- 37 Green = 2 Packs Total (1 additional not in the bundle)
- 5 Blue = 1 Pack Total (0 additional as the bundle has all you need)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emivaldo Sousa
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are not taking into account the packs you gain on the typhon bundle right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rindfleisch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, I'm not counting those, this is just in general. So for the typhon bundle, subtract one from each color.

EDIT: I just made the modification to the original post to show the total packs needed, and how many additional packs you need that aren't in the bundle to begin with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Upton
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One other consideration is that the dashboard is French on one side and English on the other, while the stat clips are the same on both sides. It was confirmed that you can use the brown backs on the side you aren't using and put the custom color only on the "front" of your dashboards. Using this method, you get twice as many dashboards completed with each set. For example, the one pack of Yellow clips in the Typhon pledge would color code all of the gods.

It might seem strange to "cheap out" after going all in on a $500 game, but if the unused side of the dashboard doesn't matter to you, it is an option. I know some people were interested in going that route. I'll make up my mind once I see what the pledge manager looks like, since there was already talk of a complete stat clip bundle, specifically to avoid the situation of having 6 extras of one color, and 8 extras of another...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Clinton
Illinois
flag msg tools
I'm already in for five hundred, what's another forty bucks?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rindfleisch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wasn't aware that each clip technically had a clip for each side of the board... so that can make a difference.

I'm also waiting to see if they have specific clip bundles in the PM, which will make this whole topic a moot point, but oh well, it's here for those who are interested
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Arn
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just making sure here...but you only "need" that number of clips if you are planning on using all the units at the same time...correct? The clips can be easily removed and placed on cards as needed? So if you are playing with 5 units on each side (assume a 2p game), only 10 clips will be needed. Is that correct? Or am I missing something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeJayGe
United States
Windsor Hills
California
flag msg tools
The Idealist Counselor - Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging (INFJ)
badge
Don't hate the game, hate the player.
mbmbmbmbmb
It is crazy stupid for them not to provide a clip for every card that needs one as part of the game/stretch goal.

This would be like FFG not providing the center peg to connect X-Wing movement wheels together, and charging $5 for a bag of 20 of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rindfleisch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is correct. The clips can easily be moved from one dashboard to another. These counts are for the people who don't want to have to bother with swapping the clips around from game to game, and just have every dashboard armed with its own clip. The fact that the clips were available as add-ons means mythic-games anticipated that this would be the case for some people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rindfleisch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gejayge wrote:
It is crazy stupid for them not to provide a clip for every card that needs one as part of the game/stretch goal.

This would be like FFG not providing the center peg to connect X-Wing movement wheels together, and charging $5 for a bag of 20 of them.

To be fair, does FFG give you an additional 2 games' worth of miniatures with the purchase of every base game of X-wing for free? If they did, I wouldn't mind an extra $5 to fully outfit all of them.

All of the SGs are freebies included with the base game price, so they don't need to include interchangeable components if they don't want to, especially if having them separate as add-ons (for those interested in purchasing them, since they are by no means a necessity) can help towards adding even more free stuff to the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeJayGe
United States
Windsor Hills
California
flag msg tools
The Idealist Counselor - Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging (INFJ)
badge
Don't hate the game, hate the player.
mbmbmbmbmb
Inmat4251 wrote:
Gejayge wrote:

To be fair, does FFG give you an additional 2 games' worth of miniatures with the purchase of every base game of X-wing for free? If they did, I wouldn't mind an extra $5 to fully outfit all of them.

All of the SGs are freebies included with the base game price, so they don't need to include interchangeable components if they don't want to, especially if having them separate as add-ons (for those interested in purchasing them, since they are by no means a necessity) can help towards adding even more free stuff to the base game.

I did't realize that they were easily interchangeable, and thought they were fairly permanent once attached, so thank you for that clarification.

If FFG ran a Kickstarter campaign and decided to give away a bunch of 'free' ships as stretch goals, you're damn right they should include pegs. Instead they fund production of their own games, and don't rely on 'freebies' to get other people to fund their business.

I also hate people using the term 'free' for stretch goals. Nobody is getting anything that didn't pay for it. They chose how much to give you for that dollar amount, and nobody is getting any of them that didn't pay for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rindfleisch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gejayge wrote:

I did't realize that they were easily interchangeable, and thought they were fairly permanent once attached, so thank you for that clarification.

If FFG ran a Kickstarter campaign and decided to give away a bunch of 'free' ships as stretch goals, you're damn right they should include pegs. Instead they fund production of their own games, and don't rely on 'freebies' to get other people to fund their business.

I also hate people using the term 'free' for stretch goals. Nobody is getting anything that didn't pay for it. They chose how much to give you for that dollar amount, and nobody is getting any of them that didn't pay for it.

It sounds like you just aren't a fan of companies using kickstarter to begin with, which is fine.

But as far as SGs not being "freebies", I get that in some cases where the stretch goals are adding additional components to the base game (that will be included in EVERY base game, even once it goes to retail) it really wouldn't be considered a freebie, since whether I pay my money now or at retail, I'll be getting the same stuff.

But in this kickstarter (as well as many others), the stretch goals are only being included as part of the kickstarter, for the same base price of the core game. Once (and if) the game goes to retail, I would be paying the same base price, but none of the stretch goals would be included in that. So I pay for the core game now, and get a bunch of additional components, or I buy the game at retail, and only get the core game. Not to say the SGs won't also be available in retail for additional cost, but getting them now as part of the cost of the core game, how is that not considered "free"?

Of course if you think the core game alone without the SGs isn't worth the base cost as it is, so the retail version is simply overpriced, then that's a different issue entirely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For Core plus Typhon I only count 40 Heroes. I must be missing someone? EDIT: I also count 37 Monsters not that that would change the pack count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vagelis
Greece
Πειραιάς
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i think only the SG need the clips all the expansion have their own clips inside...........
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
While I can see the appeal of having a clip for every card (taking them on and off seems like a recipe for wearing out the cards), it also seems like a storage nightmare for every card to have the additional thickness of a clip sticking off of it.

Tough choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Lastname
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:
... it also seems like a storage nightmare for every card to have the additional thickness of a clip sticking off of it.

Tough choice.

THIS. I do think I'll be rather minimalist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Clapperton
United Kingdom
Hebburn
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
mbmb
Taking 50c as the price of a clip as the add-on is $5 for 10 clips, there are 37 stretch goals units which can use a clip, meaning the cost per pledge to provide them would be $18.50. Multiply that by 13,635 backers and you get $252,247.50. Take that off the funding total and you have $2,416,761.50. That would cost us Python and probably the Griffin as we'd have been well short of making that SG. That's without considering any money that was pledges for the clip add-on, as anyone who was doing that to have enough clips for every unit wouldn't need to do so (though anyone wanting colour-coordinated would).

Given the choice between Python and probably Griffin also and getting clips that aren't necessary to play the game, or getting Python and Griffin and the clips being an optional purchase for those who want, that seems an easy decision.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rindfleisch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Prince of Guelph wrote:
For Core plus Typhon I only count 40 Heroes. I must be missing someone? EDIT: I also count 37 Monsters not that that would change the pack count.

After double checking, I think you missed the Circe Paolo Variant (which brings it to 41), but I however missed the sphinx in my original count, so it is 37 monsters.

Good catch

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Againsto wrote:
Dormammu wrote:
... it also seems like a storage nightmare for every card to have the additional thickness of a clip sticking off of it.
Tough choice.

THIS. I do think I'll be rather minimalist.

Yup, same here. I may pick one pack for the Gods/titans (or just airbrush a few standard clips) - but for the rest I'll do with the brownies. I mean: we have 99 different non-Troop units (and perhaps one or two more in the PM) in different sizes?! To have them all clipped is asking a bit too much, storage-wise.

I would like extra omphalos and AoW cards though (and dice), so I can play with 6 people on 3 boards. A sort of mini-tournament! ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cully
United Kingdom
Stonehouse
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I pledged with the intention of getting the clips, but am now not so sure - even in the base box, 40 additional clips is going to take up a chunk of space that may well be unnecessary.

It sounds like some people have a better idea of how the clip actually fits together than others - have pictures/videos been seen somewhere that reveal how easy it is to actually take them apart, or are people speculating?

Thanks,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emivaldo Sousa
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another thing to consider is that, depending on the type of plastic finish the cards will receive, storing them with the clips might hurt them more than change the clips for each game, as the clips can scratch the cards.

But that we will only know after receiving them .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rindfleisch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Storage in general for this game is going to be interesting to say the least. I usually make it a challenge for myself to consolidate a game down into the fewest number of boxes, but still be convenient and usable. For the dashboards I'll likely keep the clips separate, but we'll see how things fit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Clapperton
United Kingdom
Hebburn
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
mbmb
As a mini-gamer as well as a boardgamer, I'm used to not storing my minis. I keep them on a shelf and pack them into a carry case if I need to transport them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Castro
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gothamknight1047 wrote:
One other consideration is that the dashboard is French on one side and English on the other, while the stat clips are the same on both sides. It was confirmed that you can use the brown backs on the side you aren't using and put the custom color only on the "front" of your dashboards. Using this method, you get twice as many dashboards completed with each set. For example, the one pack of Yellow clips in the Typhon pledge would color code all of the gods.

If you are willing to take this compromise (and I'm), then all we need to get is 1 pack of Gray and 1 pack of Green stat clips.

After all is set, you will "waste" 27 brown stat clips... lots of spares for ebay i guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petr Molik
msg tools
I pledged for Typhon bundle and I have the following counts (including the final Python):
Unlocked Titans, Gods, Heroes, Monsters as SG: 37 dashboards so those with God or Titan pledge wanting all brown, add 4 packs of brown ($20).
I will receive 45 clips with my Typhon bundle and I plan to combine the clips to have colored front and brown back (nobody will return the dashboard to read the english/french description).
Typhon includes:
16 gods - 1 gold pack needed
5 titans - 1 blue
40 heroes - 2 grey
37 monsters - 2 green
With what I get with Typhon, I will add just 1 grey and 1 green for $10 and voila. I think puting colored clips on both sides of the dashboards would be overkill.

P.S. There is a confusion on the correct count of Heroes to be 40 or 41. I think that the correct number is 40 because one of the three hell judges is a monster and not a hero dashboard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.