$15.00
$30.00
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I don't buy this expansion what will my campaign miss out on (other than an extra monster type to fight)? What I mainly want to know is if I buy him but never use him, would I still have cards to add to my campaign for instance or do you only add the cards for campaigns where you are using him?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
You only add cards for expansions that you're actually using in the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok so no real reason to buy him then since I'd rather fight other monsters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Patrick
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bholmes4 wrote:
Ok so no real reason to buy him then since I'd rather fight other monsters.

Correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Fox
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your missing out one of top 5 monster models. His model is badass. And he isa nemisis, not huntsble quarry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The mini looks cool but all I see is a witch hunter when I look at it. Just doesn't feel like it fits with the other monsters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Fox
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He fits in more with the base games nemisis looks like the butcher, kings man, the hand. Human shaped, once was human, now something more. The manhunter acts more like a old west bounty hunter. He actually has a blunder buss. I agree the hats can look pilgrimish, but there 3 different hats to choose from, but none are a true cowboy hat, most looke half cowboy/half pilgrim. If you want to see a good look at the detail of the model, jay adanon youtube paints one, and you ccan see all the detail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny x
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I dig the hat
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting, I actually never looked at the base game monsters like the Butcher so I hadn't considered that.

Ok so reconsidering my stance a bit, my understanding is he makes the game harder. Do the rewards make up for the extra difficulty? Do his cards add anything special or do people mainly add him for Nemesis variety?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Fox
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like most nemesis, he does add some speciality gear, but it hard to get. He has a unique fight. Most people add him and other nemesis for variety and slso the additiinal hunt xp. He does not replace any of the base nemesis, just adds to the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
Aaaand.... you also add it for fun. Some levels of the bugger are nasty, he's always on the tough side, but the fight is fun and, as with most fights in KDM, is pretty unique (spike traps anyone? )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
t3clis wrote:
Aaaand.... you also add it for fun. Some levels of the bugger are nasty, he's always on the tough side, but the fight is fun and, as with most fights in KDM, is pretty unique (spike traps anyone? )

Well I would love to add all expansions but I don't even know if I will like the game yet. Right now my plan is to add all the newest expansions and I am adding most of the old ones but I have had to make some cuts (probably Lonely Tree, Lion Knight, Spidicules, Green Armor and Manhunter). Just trying to research what I am missing on some of the ones I planned on skipping so I don't regret it later. If it's mainly just a cool fight I am ok with that...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
[q="bholmes4"]Interesting, I actually never looked at the base game monsters like the Butcher so I hadn't considered that.

Ok so reconsidering my stance a bit, my understanding is he makes the game harder. Do the rewards make up for the extra difficulty? q]

His Hat has been errata'd to substitute for any head gear in an armour set and the Lantern he drops is very good.

IIRC the four normal Fighting arts that come in that box are good as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
dahak wrote:

His Hat has been errata'd to substitute for any head gear in an armour set

Outfit keyword? It can stand in to substitute any head gear that share the same material keyworld, not any head gear

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Fox
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My personal feelings, i would choose manhunter over slendarman.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
godzilla999666 wrote:
My personal feelings, i would choose manhunter over slendarman.

Slenderman was available on Black Friday so I grabbed him and some other expansions. That's a big part of the reason I am considering skipping Man Hunter and Lion Knight as I have a Nemesis expansion already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.