Subject: Noob Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got into Blood Bowl because of the PC game. I have one noob question: When you play the board game how do you remember what minis already moved?

I'm guessing you turn them to the side?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Brownscombe
Australia
Faulconbridge
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
most people I play with rotate each mini after it has had its action then rotate them back at the end of the turn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DraphK wrote:
most people I play with rotate each mini after it has had its action then rotate them back at the end of the turn
Ah thanks. Yeah I was thinking that had to be it.

How long you been playing?.... Are the rules easy to pick up or do you always have to go back to the rule book while playing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Becker
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Rotation on mini's as Phillip stated is the best solution imo.

For the first few games you will consult the rule book to verify stuff. As you play things will become second nature and rulebook consultation will become less.

Hope you have fun playing. Blood Bowl, especially in a league environment, is truly rewarding.

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After the first game or two, try to use the reference sheets and only look in the book if you need more clarification.

It makes it much quicker if you are familiar with those sheets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave van Zunder
msg tools
mbmbmb
Strange thing is that I never thought about this (been playing since thirth edition came out). Somehow it never been dificult just remembering it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael Becker wrote:
Rotation on mini's as Phillip stated is the best solution imo.

For the first few games you will consult the rule book to verify stuff. As you play things will become second nature and rulebook consultation will become less.

Hope you have fun playing. Blood Bowl, especially in a league environment, is truly rewarding.

Michael
Thanks! Yeah this looks very close to the kind of turn based Football game I was looking for.

Do you know if there is a way or there is already a way to add fantasy football like mechanics, like drafting ect. I think it would be a cool way for players in my group that don't want to play but still want to partake in the fun of scoring and such.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DegenerateElite wrote:
After the first game or two, try to use the reference sheets and only look in the book if you need more clarification.

It makes it much quicker if you are familiar with those sheets.
Thanks for the tip. Yeah once I played the video game and loved it, but I stopped playing cause I want to learn the rules with out the computer doing all the fun leg work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Headbangert wrote:
Strange thing is that I never thought about this (been playing since thirth edition came out). Somehow it never been dificult just remembering it...
Did have distinct looking minis?... That might have worked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cornixt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ZenMonkey11 wrote:
Do you know if there is a way or there is already a way to add fantasy football like mechanics, like drafting ect.

I'd base it on SPP, highest totals from that. For team construction use the same points cost as the players, same total team cost for a fantasy team. Might need restrictions of positional players, which might get a bit awkward for some teams that don't have well defined positions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmb
cornixt wrote:
ZenMonkey11 wrote:
Do you know if there is a way or there is already a way to add fantasy football like mechanics, like drafting ect.

I'd base it on SPP, highest totals from that. For team construction use the same points cost as the players, same total team cost for a fantasy team. Might need restrictions of positional players, which might get a bit awkward for some teams that don't have well defined positions.

Probably would need a reasonable sized league that plays a regular schedule though for this type of thing. I would probably base the allowed positions on skill access. 1 Pass access player, 2 agility access, 2 strength+general access, 1 wild card that fits any or none of those. Also allowed to replace any position listed above with a teams 1-16 available player (in case not enough throwers etc.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ZenMonkey11 wrote:
Headbangert wrote:

Usually it isn't too bad to remember but I have been in some pretty competitive leagues where you do it as a courtesy to prevent any potential arguments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave van Zunder
msg tools
mbmbmb
ZenMonkey11 wrote:
Headbangert wrote:
Yes, I guess it helps when you paint the mini's up and give them numbers. Also you always try to use some tactics and have your turn thought out in advance so you know what you are going to do with all the mini's. It never been a problem but the leagues I played in are always about fun, I think if you really are playing in a 'big league' there will be rules about this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Nors Jensen
Denmark
Kokkedal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I made this solution, a great help if people find it hard to remember everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin West
United States
Woodford
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i was thinking about something similar except just a coin that has pass/foul/blitz/handoff on one side and an x through it on the other where you just flip over the ones you've used
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cornixt wrote:

eriochrome wrote:
Probably would need a reasonable sized league that plays a regular schedule though for this type of thing. I would probably base the allowed positions on skill access. 1 Pass access player, 2 agility access, 2 strength+general access, 1 wild card that fits any or none of those. Also allowed to replace any position listed above with a teams 1-16 available player (in case not enough throwers etc.)
These sound like some great ideas. I just got my copy today. I can;t wait to read the rules and try this stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grumsh wrote:
ZenMonkey11 wrote:
Headbangert wrote:

Usually it isn't too bad to remember but I have been in some pretty competitive leagues where you do it as a courtesy to prevent any potential arguments.
I was watching some long time Blood Bowl players playing a game of Blood Bowl on youtube, they turned them to face the coach (the player controlling that team), so that seems to be the official way to do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Headbangert wrote:
ZenMonkey11 wrote:
Headbangert wrote:
Yes, I guess it helps when you paint the mini's up and give them numbers. Also you always try to use some tactics and have your turn thought out in advance so you know what you are going to do with all the mini's. It never been a problem but the leagues I played in are always about fun, I think if you really are playing in a 'big league' there will be rules about this.
Yep, I noticed that watch those vets play. If you're thinking in terms of things like zones and who you want to move first, it can be very easy to remember who moved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nors wrote:
I made this solution, a great help if people find it hard to remember everything.

AWESOME WORK!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there official rules for making your own team/players? I don't mean like buying Blood Bowl Minis and painting them. I mean like say I want to make my own player with a star wars mini lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I created a geek list last night, asking for ideas for figures I could use as proxies. GW seems to not be too strict with BB, and how can they be, with only three teams released. Use their numbers, change the names/minis. You are never going to get them to give you full DYO-type guidelines. Not their style.

Fleshing out your teams

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Windopaene wrote:
I created a geek list last night, asking for ideas for figures I could use as proxies. GW seems to not be too strict with BB, and how can they be, with only three teams released. Use their numbers, change the names/minis. You are never going to get them to give you full DYO-type guidelines. Not their style.

Fleshing out your teams
Thank you so much for the inoi!... Yeah at first I thought it would be great to use some Amiibo I have, but they are way to big lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Munch
Denmark
Højbjerg
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ZenMonkey11 wrote:
Are there official rules for making your own team/players? I don't mean like buying Blood Bowl Minis and painting them. I mean like say I want to make my own player with a star wars mini lol

It is your game, so you can really do what you like.. Team Skywalker against Team Tele Tubbies, no problem.. But no, there's no official template. Usually the teams are just designed, and then played a hell of a lot, to make sure they are balanced. Any minor problems league wise are fixed with specific star players.

But for leagues, the rules are quite strict, so don't plan on Team Gojira making an entry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cornixt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To take away any sense of unfairness, just take the rules of an existing player and use a different name.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Price
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hello, my baby; hello, my honey;
badge
Hello, my ragtime gal!
mbmbmbmbmb
ZenMonkey11 wrote:

Here's a link to the team creation guidelines that the LRB6 team used. It's not infallible, but a good place to start.

As stated above, "counts as" teams are popularly used if you just want to use special minis. Minions figures for Halflings, that kind of thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.