Hide
6 Posts

Machi Koro: Bright Lights, Big City» Forums » General

Subject: A way to make this work for just two players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Polk
msg tools
This game seems very imbalanced. With two players, there's no incentive at all to roll two dice. Get enough coins to build the airport, and the game is basically over. Is there a way to combat this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Howell
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We love this game 2 player. Never noticed your problem. I guess we're too busy having fun building and buying all we can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jones
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jamespolk wrote:
This game seems very imbalanced. With two players, there's no incentive at all to roll two dice. Get enough coins to build the airport, and the game is basically over. Is there a way to combat this?

Unfortunately I agree, it's just not a very good two player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tan
msg tools
Perhaps house ruling the airport bonus to only 5coins instead of 10 in a 2player game?

Or having the airport be a one time use only in the 2player setting

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Polk
msg tools
Yeah, the coin bonus definitely needs to be adjusted. I'm still not sure how to encourage moving on to using two dice, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Played last night with 2 players. My wife got the airport as her 2nd landmark. I only had harbor at the time. I ended up winning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.