$20.00
$60.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
20 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Wet Nurse rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Dripps
msg tools
I'm currently pledging to get in on this amazing game. I've been looking through pics on here and came across the "Wet Nurse". Is this a Monster you can fight in the game or is it just a cool looking mini from the KDM universe?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hellena Handbasket
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a cool mini for now. There's always the possibility it gets revealed in the current campaign, but the likelihood is low. The monster's from a different part of the Kingdom Death universe than those in Monster and Adam has said he intends to use it in a different, more hero focused board game far in the distant, misty future.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Dripps
msg tools
Do you have the game? Namely Spidercules? Lol! That thing looks fantastic! I'm not a mini-painter/builder but welcome it for this game and that thing has my attention as well as an eye on the $750 pledge to get it. How does that thing play on the board???
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Cohen
United States
Shrewsbury Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The wet nurse has been confirmed as not appearing.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Symphonic5 wrote:
The wet nurse has been confirmed as not appearing.

Thank god. Possibly one of the most awkward looking monsters followed by boobfrog
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Patrick
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matthewdripps wrote:
Do you have the game? Namely Spidercules? Lol! That thing looks fantastic! I'm not a mini-painter/builder but welcome it for this game and that thing has my attention as well as an eye on the $750 pledge to get it. How does that thing play on the board???

It's big and awkward and has some gameplay mechanics outside of the fight that frustrate some players. Many of the people on this forum seem to replace its model with a stand in for the fight since moving around its legs and under it gets old after a little bit. It's definitely form over function.

Symphonic5 wrote:
The wet nurse has been confirmed as not appearing.


Aww, I was hoping to see it in gameplay. I love the weirder ones the most.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hellena Handbasket
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DyingTickles wrote:
matthewdripps wrote:
Do you have the game? Namely Spidercules? Lol! That thing looks fantastic! I'm not a mini-painter/builder but welcome it for this game and that thing has my attention as well as an eye on the $750 pledge to get it. How does that thing play on the board???

It's big and awkward and has some gameplay mechanics outside of the fight that frustrate some players. Many of the people on this forum seem to replace its model with a stand in for the fight since moving around its legs and under it gets old after a little bit. It's definitely form over function.

Symphonic5 wrote:
The wet nurse has been confirmed as not appearing.


Aww, I was hoping to see it in gameplay. I love the weirder ones the most.


The model's awkward (I still stubbornly use it, though), but I have to say I like the expansion. Do you remember, off the top of your head, what mechanics were frustrating people?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Patrick
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zamnath wrote:
DyingTickles wrote:
matthewdripps wrote:
Do you have the game? Namely Spidercules? Lol! That thing looks fantastic! I'm not a mini-painter/builder but welcome it for this game and that thing has my attention as well as an eye on the $750 pledge to get it. How does that thing play on the board???

It's big and awkward and has some gameplay mechanics outside of the fight that frustrate some players. Many of the people on this forum seem to replace its model with a stand in for the fight since moving around its legs and under it gets old after a little bit. It's definitely form over function.

Symphonic5 wrote:
The wet nurse has been confirmed as not appearing.


Aww, I was hoping to see it in gameplay. I love the weirder ones the most.


The model's awkward (I still stubbornly use it, though), but I have to say I like the expansion. Do you remember, off the top of your head, what mechanics were frustrating people?

Spoiler (click to reveal)
The auto kidnapping
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reads thread about wet nurse.
Thinks it can't be that bad.
Goes to game's website and looks up wet nurse.

OMG
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Spidercules is actually a terrible model in a practical sense. I literally don't use it because you CANT, it has no collision rules so I just use the monster base :/ it's a shame too. Cause I think it could have been a real treat if you could use it or some form of it on the board.(I've been considering cutting the legs off and sticking the model on a raised pin)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Quarmby
Australia
flag msg tools
The wet nurse has one great use. Showing it to people and watching there eyes as they unravel the various layers of what is portrayed. It is usually best to hold the mini yourself whilst doing this to avoid the 'drop' or awkward 'hand back fumble' maneuver.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelby Babb
United States
Springdale
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Symphonic5 wrote:
The wet nurse has been confirmed as not appearing.


That's a shame, but I get it.

To me, the Wet Nurse is close to the pinnacle of the game's sexual horror thematics. It's a giant genital creature with a weird place in a nightmare ecology. -But- it doesn't really seem like a monster to fight so much as a work site to destroy/protect. So I can see how it might not work in this game.

That said, the implied tentacle/tail rape aspect makes me think the Wet Nurse may have a hand in crafting monsters as well? And I can see how that might be something to scale back (I see multiple images with and without the tail, or the women repositioned away from it).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny x
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
San Dee Jota wrote:
Symphonic5 wrote:
The wet nurse has been confirmed as not appearing.


That's a shame, but I get it.

To me, the Wet Nurse is close to the pinnacle of the game's sexual horror thematics. It's a giant genital creature with a weird place in a nightmare ecology. -But- it doesn't really seem like a monster to fight so much as a work site to destroy/protect. So I can see how it might not work in this game.

That said, the implied tentacle/tail rape aspect makes me think the Wet Nurse may have a hand in crafting monsters as well? And I can see how that might be something to scale back (I see multiple images with and without the tail, or the women repositioned away from it).


This is how I see the wet nurse as well. I wouldn't be surprised if it had a hand in creating monsters. That or it's just mass producing human slaves from stolen babies. Pretty messed up stuff, I love it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Dripps
msg tools
It could impregnate a survivor and the monster could do a chest burst like Alien in the Settlement.

"Hey guys...I don't feel so good. BLAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!"

Having not played the game but just reading about it and seeing the imagery my mind can grasp the feel of the world Adam is creating. He strikes me as a Board Game Artist in a designer sense (if that makes sense). I cannot wait to jump into this world myself!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John di Battista
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
Symphonic5 wrote:
The wet nurse has been confirmed as not appearing.


The last we heard about the WN was the old kickstarter. Poots said it was too high level for a settlement to be able to defeat. Now we're getting more lantern years and killing dragon kings and screaming gods.
I wouldn't be surprised to see it as a hunt one day. Not during this kickstarter though.
I'd love to see an ultra high level series of holy lands expansions. Wet nurse, white knights, apotheosises, Chosen, forge god, forge priests etc.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hellena Handbasket
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DyingTickles wrote:
Zamnath wrote:
DyingTickles wrote:
matthewdripps wrote:
Do you have the game? Namely Spidercules? Lol! That thing looks fantastic! I'm not a mini-painter/builder but welcome it for this game and that thing has my attention as well as an eye on the $750 pledge to get it. How does that thing play on the board???

It's big and awkward and has some gameplay mechanics outside of the fight that frustrate some players. Many of the people on this forum seem to replace its model with a stand in for the fight since moving around its legs and under it gets old after a little bit. It's definitely form over function.

Symphonic5 wrote:
The wet nurse has been confirmed as not appearing.


Aww, I was hoping to see it in gameplay. I love the weirder ones the most.


The model's awkward (I still stubbornly use it, though), but I have to say I like the expansion. Do you remember, off the top of your head, what mechanics were frustrating people?

Spoiler (click to reveal)
The auto kidnapping



Ahhhh. Okay. I actually had fun with that mechanic. It's painful, but incentivizes hunting the Spidicules in a slightly different way than you might hunt other monsters, which I found cool. I can definitely see being annoyed by it, though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
malkaven wrote:
San Dee Jota wrote:
Symphonic5 wrote:
The wet nurse has been confirmed as not appearing.


That's a shame, but I get it.

To me, the Wet Nurse is close to the pinnacle of the game's sexual horror thematics. It's a giant genital creature with a weird place in a nightmare ecology. -But- it doesn't really seem like a monster to fight so much as a work site to destroy/protect. So I can see how it might not work in this game.

That said, the implied tentacle/tail rape aspect makes me think the Wet Nurse may have a hand in crafting monsters as well? And I can see how that might be something to scale back (I see multiple images with and without the tail, or the women repositioned away from it).


This is how I see the wet nurse as well. I wouldn't be surprised if it had a hand in creating monsters. That or it's just mass producing human slaves from stolen babies. Pretty messed up stuff, I love it.



Quote:

The Wet Nurse is a single minded monster that serves the Entity of the Holy Lands. Its only purpose is to nourish the creatures born in the Holy Lands with the molten milk it produces. This is the nutrition that carries within it the imperatives and instincts to serve the Entity of the Holy Lands. Infants taken from their captive mothers at birth are nursed by the Wet Nurses to create the mindless shambling masses of Holy Landers that live in the Entity's fiefdom.


Creating monsters in the Holy Land seems to be the Preserve of the Mother and Grand Mother

Quote:
Few chosen victims survive the treatment of raw god metal that prepares a womb to withstand and nurture the ghastly cocktail that gives rise to the monsters of the Holy Lands. The truly holy mothers are beatified as Grand Mothers, transformed into creatures embodying the maternal life-giving ideal of the Entity. These special few give birth to the Entity's most precious children, the massive winged Blessed Ones. The Grand Mother's womb is braced heavy ornate gut plates. Within, a hostile furnace of creation churns. She has a mouthed cord growing from her belly that devours male organs of her mates to better the chances of divine conception.

The Grand Mother is a rare, horrifying foe, possessing a master the Other and protected by the watchful eye of the Entity itself.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Dripps
msg tools
What's a good source for reading up on the lore of KDM? I'm intrigued by the Holy Lands and this Grand Mother especially with the image of WN as one of the creatures associated with it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam D
msg tools
mbmb
matthewdripps wrote:
What's a good source for reading up on the lore of KDM? I'm intrigued by the Holy Lands and this Grand Mother especially with the image of WN as one of the creatures associated with it.


I think vibrant lantern has the best collect of lore.

The problem is there is no full discription, they are all snippets hinting at greater things.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
matthewdripps wrote:
What's a good source for reading up on the lore of KDM? I'm intrigued by the Holy Lands and this Grand Mother especially with the image of WN as one of the creatures associated with it.


Everything I know of that is outside the game is in the Lore section at Inside the Wall

The usual caveat that in that while much of it came from the Kingdom Death site, it isn't necessarily true any more.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.