4 Posts

Terraforming Mars» Forums » General

Subject: My tip for making the playmat easier to use rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bernard Keane
Australia
flag msg tools
I have noticed that there has been a fair amount of discussion concerning the player mats and how easy the pieces are moved and displaced on them. I solved the problem simply by placing a piece of Perspex (glass from an old picture frame would probably work just as well) over the boards, then placing a very small piece of blue tack at the bottom of the resource marker cubes. They can then be easily moved to track resource production but never accidentally slide or move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre P.
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A member of my gaming group has glued a piece of plastic which creates trays for the indicator cubes and a kind of cavity for the resource cubes.
It's very usefull even if because of the thickness of the plastic you have sometimes to put your eyes right above the track to check your cube is on the right place (I'm not sure I'm very clear ...).
I don't know how he created the plastic piece.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Deardeuff
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Quote:

I'm guessing it looks a bit like this (which I plan on getting as soon as I can get the game itself.)

http://www.gametrayz.com/terraforming-mars-game-trayz-mat.ht...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre P.
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grignaak wrote:
Quote:

I'm guessing it looks a bit like this (which I plan on getting as soon as I can get the game itself.)

It's much more simpler: it's only a kind of divided frame. I will try to make a picture next time.

But I keep the link, in case the next printing doesn't give better player boards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.