$20.00
$5.00
$15.00
Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Pandemic Iberia» Forums » General

Subject: Strictly re Value for Money...Pandemic Iberia or El Grande Big Box? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jovel Castaneda
Philippines
Makati / Marikina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
have the option of getting either...but there can only be one

please put aside any other perspective and just consider value for money, which should i get?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Iberia offers scalable difficulty and two challenges.
Big Box gives you all (five?) expansions produced so far.

Contentswise, I think there is more stuff in the BB. But will you play that game as often as you would Iberia? There is more than one way of looking at this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
At this moment, the Big Box is certainly worth more, but it's difficult to quantify the future value of Iberia since it's a limited edition release. Once it goes out of stock, it's value may jump considerably.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, but I think you need to be more specific.

If you mean strictly the value of the components vs the cost of the game, then take a look at the images for box contents.

If you mean which has the most replayability, then I would say the base games are about equal but el grande comes with expansions which will increase replayability quite a bit. I would be surprised if this version of Pandemic ever received any expansions.

More than anything,though, you probably want to look at your gaming situation. El Grande is really best at 4-5 players and is competitive. Pandemic is 1-5 players and cooperative.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathias M
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you already own standard Pandemic, get El Grande.

Otherwise I would prefer Pandemic, but that depends on you and your playgroup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Wasson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Does a 19 work for ya?
badge
Not Pictured: minikeg of black powder strapped to its back
mbmbmbmbmb
Strictly re Value for Money...Apples or Oranges?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jovel Castaneda
Philippines
Makati / Marikina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the vague question. Here's a little background: I love solo gaming and have several already. Pandemic has always been in my to-buy list but havent found THE version. I may have found it in Iberia . El Grande on the other hand fits my weekend game group like a glove.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Wiles
United States
Oakland
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If you are primarily interested in playing pandemic for its solo play, then I would suggest just getting the app if that was also an option. It is cheaper and you have the bonus of not having to set up the player deck!! (note, that is for base pandemic, not iberia. As slow as they have been in updating the app, I doubt we would ever see this version there)

Keep in mind, as others mentioned, Iberia is a limited release so who knows how long it will stay in stock. I think I read they had a pretty large print run, so it might stay around for a while...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jovel Castaneda
Philippines
Makati / Marikina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
just to let people know...i got El Grande...but, but Iberia is still a possibility hahaha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan P
Belgium
Roeselare
West-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Why not get both? Get Iberia first, El Grande BB has been available for quite some time now I guess. If you really always wanted a Pandemic game this looks like the definitive version to get (IMHO). Nobody knows when it will be out of stock, but if you wait you might regret that you didn't buy a copy before because of it's limited stock.

Edit: did not hit the refresh button and this page was still open yesterday. Good luck with your purchase
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kissell
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not played the new expansions in the Big Box, but the older El Grande expansions were did not really add to the game, so I think it is not worth paying for the expansions. So I would guess Iberia, although I have no idea really how to compare value on these two games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the expansions (i don't recall the name) changes the game significantly to reduce the luck element and some people feel it is a vastly superior game. I like the randomness, so it didn't work for us, but maybe it will for you!

Enjoy! it's a fantastic game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.