Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: List of non-game figures with game elements rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to make a lsist of individual figures that include items that could affect gameplay. So far, I have the following:

Key: Figure Name, Gear Cards, Non-Gear Cards, Included in Satan's Lantern Pledge

Most images are linked; click to see picture of model and items!

1) Beyond the Wall (Hard Breastplate/Cloth Leggings)
2) Before the Wall (Tabard/White Dragon Gauntlets/Vagabond Armor)
3) White Speaker (Speaker Cult Knife/Bloodskin/Wares for Trade)
4) Allison the Twilight Knight (Dormant Twilight Cloak/Blue Lantern/Tattered Parcel)
5) Fade (Newborn/Sword of Silence/Baby and the Sword)
6) Percival (Black Guard Style/Dead Warrior)
7) Pinup Order Knight (Twilight Thong)
8) Pinup Warrior of the Sun (Prismatic Lantern)
9) Pinup Wet Nurse (Nightmare Breast Pump)
10) Pinup Sci Fi White Speaker (Blood Plasma Katana/Blood Plasma Gun)
11) Pinup Sci Fi Twilight Knight (Vibrant Lantern/Dying Lantern)
12) Black Friday Ninja (Black Friday Lantern)
13) Pinups of Death (A Strange Spot/Belt of Gender Swap)
14) Holiday Pinup Twilight Knight (Xmaxe)
15) Halloween Pinup Twilight Knight (Jack O'Lantern)
16) Holiday White Speaker Nico (Settlement in the Snow)

NOTE: Per this update and this update, some of the cards included with these figures will be released in a card pack.

All figures included in the Satan's Lantern and God Frogdog levels APPEAR to include their items: I.E, the gear, sticker, and event count for the addons is consistent with what was released for the individual figures. This has NOT been confirmed on an item by item basis.

Thanks to Intourette for the following:
Quote:
"1) to 12) are White box releases. In general that means 1 mini with at least 1 card. They were introduced at Gencon this year with 10 White box releases, Pinup White Nurse and Black Friday Ninja added later.

Gameplay content to add to your game right away you can find in 1) to 6), while all the rest 7) through 16) is promo material which you can add if you want but for most you have to think of a way to integrate it to the game. 16) is the one I'm missing but as far as I know it is a duplicate of another already existing settlement event with new art."

Are there any that I am missing?

Finally, which of the aforementioned game elements merge best with the game, both thematically and strategically?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
Re: Which non-game figures contain game elements?
If what you're interested in is the cards just wait. There is a card pack containing all of the ones you listed and then some coming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the response! Where was this confirmed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Buller
Denmark
flag msg tools
Oldschool
mbmbmbmbmb
cormor321 wrote:
If what you're interested in is the cards just wait. There is a card pack containing all of the ones you listed and then some coming.

I wish I had known that before I splashed the cash on the white boxes with the cards I wanted last Friday.

To OP... Good post, but it would be nice if you wrote what kind of cards were included instead of just their title.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greysbull
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're missing the Xmaxe, Halloween and Nico promos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Patrick
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jindianajonz wrote:

Poots was talking about it at or just after Gencon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Quarmby
Australia
flag msg tools
I'm not sure the card pack will contain all those cards but who wants to read the mind of Poots? The original concept was to provide the missing original kick starter cards needed to play the stand-alone missions that were released as a PDF after the big mail-out, then added in the convention specials etc. for those of us who just can't get there. So getting the minis may not be a bad thing for a completionist - plus you suddenly have two of the items available!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The card pack sounds appealing but I will say I thoroughly enjoyed assembling my pin-up Wet Nurse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marcusnc wrote:
You're missing the Xmaxe, Halloween and Nico promos.

Thanks! I've added the first two, but I can't find any information on the Nico promo. Do you have anything more specific, or know what gameplay stuff she comes with?

EDIT: Nevermind, i assume this is Holiday White Speaker Nico? I've added it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
Netherlands
Alkmaar
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent post Jindianajonz! Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! I've gone back and added links to pictures that show the figures alongside their items. I'll also do my best to keep this post updated if there's anything I missed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon Scheuber
Germany
Köln
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) to 12) are White box releases. In general that means 1 mini with at least 1 card. They were introduced at Gencon this year with 10 White box releases, Pinup White Nurse and Black Friday Ninja added later.

Gameplay content to add to your game right away you can find in 1) to 6), while all the rest 7) through 16) is promo material which you can add if you want but for most you have to think of a way to integrate it to the game. 16) is the one I'm missing but as far as I know it is a duplicate of another already existing settlement event with new art.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John T
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Intourette wrote:
1) to 12) are White box releases. In general that means 1 mini with at least 1 card. They were introduced at Gencon this year with 10 White box releases, Pinup White Nurse and Black Friday Ninja added later.

Gameplay content to add to your game right away you can find in 1) to 6), while all the rest 7) through 16) is promo material which you can add if you want but for most you have to think of a way to integrate it to the game. 16) is the one I'm missing but as far as I know it is a duplicate of another already existing settlement event with new art.

Which expansions between 1-6 would anyone recommend?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
jindianajonz wrote:

I think it's in at least 2 or 3 of the newsletters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon Scheuber
Germany
Köln
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
johnneh wrote:
Intourette wrote:

Which expansions between 1-6 would anyone recommend?

All of them are great additions imo.
1) and 2) give you new ways to use your cloth your starting survivors are wearing (Tabard and Cloth Leggins are crafted from Cloth) as well as a new armor set.
3) and 4) are coming with stickers for the rulebook so I'm wondering if their cards maybe end up in the 1.5 version anyways.
5) and 6) give you new basic hunt events. Considering that the core game basic hunt events only say roll on the hunt event table these are a VERY welcome addition.

My order to get them would be:

1. 4) Allison the Twilight Knight (Dormant Twilight Cloak/Blue Lantern/Tattered Parcel) (only if not available in 1.5)
2. 3) White Speaker (Speaker Cult Knife/Bloodskin/Wares for Trade) (only if not available in 1.5)
3. 2) Before the Wall (Tabard/White Dragon Gauntlets/Vagabond Armor)
4. 5) Fade (Newborn/Sword of Silence/Baby and the Sword)
5. 1) Beyond the Wall (Hard Breastplate/Cloth Leggings)
6. 6) Percival (Black Guard Style/Dead Warrior)

Btw there are also now pictures for Black Friday Ninja over at Vibrant Lantern - http://vibrantlantern.com/singles/black_friday_ninja/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Intourette wrote:
16) is the one I'm missing but as far as I know it is a duplicate of another already existing settlement event with new art.
Nope, AFAIK it's unique, so as to not spoil much, it interacts with the number of times you've cheated, if that sounds familiar or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmit Svenson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Just a heads up that #13 seems to be confusing the selection of individual pinups in the first KS, none of which included Strange Spot/Belt of Gender Swap, with a special collection of non-KS pinups that did include those cards. Thus those cards might not be included in the Satan's Lantern pledge levels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Emmitt, I think that applies to most of the figures that are included in the Kickstarter: Adam has yet to confirm whether they will have their game elements. Per the Kickstarter comments on Dec 6:

"@Kingdom Death - Will either the new or old pin-up & promos included in the Satan pledge ship with all their art and gameplay cards?"

"@Chris Bright, the pinups of death will come as box, just like we sell it online. the other pinups i have not confirmed yet. for now my official answer is "no" but we'll see what I can do after the campaign ends and I can see how much we have to produce and how much extra i can squeeze in."

I read this as the Pinups of Death being the only ones confirmed as having the gameplay cards, but I'm curious if people are reading this another way.

I've gone ahead and added all this information to the first post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Olds
United States
OREM
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you separate these out based on whether they incorporate themselves into the campaign or not?

The pattern I remember from Gencon was that the science fiction characters, and the pinups don't incorporate into the campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
At very least, the Ninja is a non-pinup with no integration, and the xmaxe is a pinup with integration, but, generally yes, that rule holds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
odinsgrandson wrote:
Can you separate these out based on whether they incorporate themselves into the campaign or not?

The pattern I remember from Gencon was that the science fiction characters, and the pinups don't incorporate into the campaign.

I would love to, but honestly I don't know enough about the game/promos to make that call, nor do I know of a way to easily integrate it into my already cluttered looking list. Though from what I understand, none of the figures with only gear items can integrate into the game, barring Beyond the Wall. The ones with non-gear items will all integrate at least in part.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spiralingcadaver wrote:
At very least, the Ninja is a non-pinup with no integration, and the xmaxe is a pinup with integration, but, generally yes, that rule holds.
How does the Xmaxe integrate? I thought it was just a gear card with no in-game way of obtaining it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC you need storytelling and sculpture, and it has a recipe on the back, same as the green knight armor and the jack o lantern. It's an axe with a strength based in current insanity, which can get pretty silly (just finished a fight where someone, after insanity and strength stats was hitting at power 132), but it has meh speed and accuracy and no special rules other than that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmit Svenson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
jindianajonz wrote:
"@Kingdom Death - Will either the new or old pin-up & promos included in the Satan pledge ship with all their art and gameplay cards?"

"@Chris Bright, the pinups of death will come as box, just like we sell it online. the other pinups i have not confirmed yet. for now my official answer is "no" but we'll see what I can do after the campaign ends and I can see how much we have to produce and how much extra i can squeeze in."

See, what's confusing about that is that neither the Pinups of Death box nor the individual pinups in it were a part of the first Kickstarter. Is there another quote from Poots saying they're in the Satan's Lantern pledges, or could have he been confused in this one quote?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Poots said early on in the campaign that the Pinups of Death would be included. I would find the exact quote, but the only way I know how is to scroll through all of his comments. And I thought they were all rewards from the first kickstarter, though released individually as stretch goals as opposed to a planned bundle from the start

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.