Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron A
United States
Coronado
California
flag msg tools
badge
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet-Gen. Mattis
mbmbmbmbmb

Any news about this from one of the connected parties?

If there are going to be maps, counters and scenarios, what makes it a Battle Pack and not just an expansion like Texas Arrows?

What are the dependencies? This was a weak point of Texas Arrows, some people that don't have both SE and GP were bummed. Me, I have all 3 games, but you really want to explicitly spell out any dependencies for the Battle Pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
France
La Plaine St-Denis
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They were bummed but without reason - I believe there were quite a few scenarios that required only one or the other and I even thought I saw one that required only Texas Arrows but maybe I was dreaming with that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jesse Custer wrote:
They were bummed but without reason - I believe there were quite a few scenarios that required only one or the other and I even thought I saw one that required only Texas Arrows but maybe I was dreaming with that one.

I believe you may be dreaming; according to this post with a breakdown of the scenarios, every scenario in Texas Arrows requires components (maps or counters) from Ghost Panzer, so people without GP will have a problem playing Texas Arrows. And 9 of them require maps from Screaming Eagles. You really do need both GP and SE to use TA (and TA's box says so).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Summer grasses / All that remains / Of soldiers' dreams. - Basho.
mbmbmbmbmb
SBGrad wrote:

Any news about this from one of the connected parties?

If there are going to be maps, counters and scenarios, what makes it a Battle Pack and not just an expansion like Texas Arrows?

What are the dependencies? This was a weak point of Texas Arrows, some people that don't have both SE and GP were bummed. Me, I have all 3 games, but you really want to explicitly spell out any dependencies for the Battle Pack.

I'm pretty sure that Jim Krohn will be clear about dependencies. Texas Arrows was pretty clear about what was required and what wasn't.

I agree, though, that it should be especially clear for a Battle Pack, and I think it will be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Jim/WP have learned that lesson; Originally (during the KS) TA was advertised as "6 scenarios needing SE and the other 6 GP", but obviously that has now changed to "both are required" (technically there's three scenarios that don't need SE maps, so those could be played with just GP and first edition TA)
Based on that I'm sure they will pay more attention to it going forward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm doing the counter art for the new counters that are being introduced. They're very close to being done and I'm excited about sharing a bit of it if/when Jim and Worthington Games gives the all-clear.

I believe that the art for the new maps which will be included are already complete, or at least very close to completion.

Aside from that, Jim and WG are holding the reins on announcements and such, so I don't want to steal their thunder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Having been a buyer of both BoB and GP first editions, I felt that it took a loooong time for Texas Arrows to get to market. I know there are reasons for that, but in the world of tactical games, for a series to start to become successful, it needs a decent base of modules that offer a variety of orders of battle.

This system NEEDS more kit for it to start to compete properly for the status of 'tactical series'. I am streamlining much of what I collect and currently, I have sold off a couple of other tactical series, with the intention to concentrate more play hours on BoB ........ In doing that, I have put my trust in this being a series that is actually going somewhere and that the growth versus publication time-scales will start to improve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mb
Norm, your trust is well placed.

I am super excited with the state of the series for several reasons:

First, the base is solid. One of the delays with TA was all that went into coming up with a final version and reprint of SE and GP (plus I had some life issues that slowed me down). It was a huge project. Don't forget, we addressed every piece of all three games in the last KS - rules, PAC, maps, box, etc.

Second, the production team is solid. I love Chris doing counters. I love Mike doing maps. They are both, not only skilled, but fans of the system. That love shows up in their work. Neither of them were on the team before the TA KS.

Third, the design team is solid. It is not just me doing all the research. While I am involved in every project and make the final decisions. We have projects that are done or almost done and in waiting.

As for the battle pack, the maps are done, the counters are almost done, the rules for SS are done, there is still playtesting going on, but that is normal.

My plan is for the KS for the Battle Pack as soon as the counters are done. When the counters and maps are all done, most of the pitfalls that delay KS projects will be behind us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron A
United States
Coronado
California
flag msg tools
badge
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet-Gen. Mattis
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim Krohn wrote:

My plan is for the KS for the Battle Pack as soon as the counters are done.

No pressure, Chris.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SBGrad wrote:
Jim Krohn wrote:

My plan is for the KS for the Battle Pack as soon as the counters are done.

No pressure, Chris.

Having one expansion under my belt, I've improved and refined my techniques for this one. I think you'll like what you'll see for the Battlepack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Wylie
msg tools
The maps and counters on this one look great. As the publisher we have been busy setting the production of the battle pack up EARLY with the suppliers. As Jim stated, the very large game boards are complete and are already sourced along with several other items. So expect a quick delivery on this one after the KS campaign ends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
worthingtonpub wrote:
The maps and counters on this one look great. As the publisher we have been busy setting the production of the battle pack up EARLY with the suppliers. As Jim stated, the very large game boards are complete and are already sourced along with several other items. So expect a quick delivery on this one after the KS campaign ends.
Why even go through Kickstarter for it? Why not just put it up on WPs website for pre-order, ideally like GMT's P500 where charges only occur shortly before shipping?
Is the PR effect of Kickstarter really that great that it makes the percentage they take worthwhile?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Stonemark
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would the battlepack and Old Breed South Pacific be the same or seperate KS campaigns?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mb
Separate. Battle Pack is basically done. Old Breed will be a little longer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurice Fitzgerald
United States
Allen
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't wait for both!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Durango
Colorado
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have a cover for the Battle Pack! A blend of the previous three covers, maybe that will help people understand it is not stand-alone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Halfway between Castro and Mickey Mouse
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That cover is kind of odd.

Show us the maps!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron A
United States
Coronado
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DJ Kuul A wrote:
That cover is kind of odd.

Show us the maps!!!

As long as there is a scenario with Ferdinands in it, they can put zombie clowns on the cover and I'll buy it.

Playtest map, fewer roads and look at the snow!

not my photo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dan garlick
United States
Castle Rock
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
When is the Kickstarter for the Battle pack?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Casillo
United States
Fairfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
galaril wrote:
When is the Kickstarter for the Battle pack?

Now. Link removed but it's where you'd expect to find it. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.