Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I really had a small hope that Trump would be a different kind of Republican, but nope, same old puritanical bullshit.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/01/opinions/trump-hhs-birth-contr...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
So then he's for more abortions? Inexpensive, readily available, and reliable contraception is the only thing found so far to actually reduce the abortion rate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I said this would happen and others said no way.

A friend of mine got the arm device that's good for 5 years but insurance may not pay to replace or remove by the end of a trump presidency. I think a lot more hospitals will be taken over by catholic hospitals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
robot He's "pulling out" his 'method'; that's "it"!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kissa
United States
flag msg tools
La vie est un jeu
badge
Panem et Circenses
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, more scumbag religious assholes deciding women's rights and privileges. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
So then he's for more abortions? Inexpensive, readily available, and reliable contraception is the only thing found so far to actually reduce the abortion rate.

Right but that would require governing using data and facts, something Republicans appear incapable of doing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paying for your own poor choices is now a "war" on birth control ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:

What good outcome comes from denying the poor birth control? More abortions? More single mothers? More unwanted children? More orphans?

Which of these are you in favor of, exactly?

So-called "pro-lifers" should be the MOST in favor of free and available contraception, yet they are blinded by their own biases and their desire to "punish" people for having sex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
jeremycobert wrote:
Paying for your own poor choices is now a "war" on birth control?

i want my tax dollars to go toward birth control because children who receive no love from their parents might grow up into new versions of you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Shampoo4you wrote:
I really had a small hope that Trump would be a different kind of Republican, but nope, same old puritanical bullshit.

Your hope must have been mighty small when all the articles that I posted about the Dominionists and Christian Supremacists in the Trump campaign should have readily disabused you of even the faintest hope of moderation in terms of the abortion issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

whac3 wrote:

No, Trump's last stated position on abortion was for the overturning of the 1973 Roe vs. Wade Supreme Court decision legalizing abortion. Moreover, as per the current the abortion plank of the 2016 platform of the National Republican Party, Trump doesn't support any exceptions for abortion whatsoever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

Shampoo4you wrote:

Your hope must have been mighty small when all the articles that I posted about the Dominionists and Christian Supremacists in the Trump campaign should have readily disabused you of even the faintest hope of moderation in terms of the abortion issue.

Uh, James, no one reads your posts because THEY ARE TOO LONG. Good God man, it's a message board, not a thesis review committee.

Learn to be succinct!

Notice I read and replied to THIS message. Do more of that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:

You're right, the real libertarian perspective is that instead of funding birth control we'll fund emergency medical care for poor unwanted children.

(Just kidding, we'll eat them instead. LIBERTY!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And why is male sterilization not covered for free under the ACA?
The democrats are pandering to women votes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in favor of all of the free birth control you can handle. Free vasectomies too. Buckets of condoms on every street corner!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jarredscott78 wrote:
I'm in favor of all of the free birth control you can handle. Free vasectomies too. Buckets of condoms on every street corner!

Dogs and cats, living together!

Deplorable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
This is not a news article. It's an opinion column.

Lots of fearmongering, though. Reminds me of the fearmongering of a Romney Presidency. ROMNEY'S COMING FOR YOUR BIRTH CONTROL! BOOGA BOOGA BOOGA!

Which was nonsense then. It's nonsense now.

Stop fearmongering.

OBAMA'S COMIN' FOR YER GUNS!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elfbane wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:

Lots of fearmongering, though. Reminds me of the fearmongering of a Romney Presidency. ROMNEY'S COMING FOR YOUR BIRTH CONTROL! BOOGA BOOGA BOOGA!

Stop fearmongering.

SHARIA LAW! SHARIA LAW!!

Gay Marriage will lead to INCEST!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Donald wrote:
Elfbane wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:

Stop fearmongering.

SHARIA LAW! SHARIA LAW!!

Gay Marriage will lead to INCEST!!!

And incest will lead to Mike Pence
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh nice, Jill Filipovic is writing for CNN now. Feministe has really slowed down w/o her running it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Dienz
United States
Shelburne
Vermont
flag msg tools
Drew1365 wrote:

Most are in favor of easily-available contraception. When Republicans propose making it available over-the-counter, why did Democrats object? Is it because they wanted to be the giver and taker of birth control?

No, because they wanted it to be affordable for every woman. Not to mention that hormonal drugs like the pill should be taken under the direction of a physician.

Quote:
As for "free," well, TANSTAAFL. And most conservatives would prefer that people pay for their own recreational sex, instead of making everyone else pay for it.

When we are at it: How about we make people pay for the negative health-effects of obesity? I mean why do I need to pay for the poor diet choices of others? Just look where obesity is most concentrated:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Alexandria (temporarily)
Virginia
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Elfbane wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:

Stop fearmongering.

Damn, he better get his ass in gear, he's only got like seven weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Shampoo4you wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

Uh, James, no one reads your posts because THEY ARE TOO LONG. Good God man, it's a message board, not a thesis review committee.

Learn to be succinct!

Sorry, I don't dumb down my posts to accomodate low-information voters.

Moreover, if you'd read my posts, then you wouldn't be sounding like you're suffering from voter's remorse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

Shampoo4you wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

Learn to be succinct!

Moreover, if you'd read my posts, then you wouldn't be sounding like you're suffering from voter's remorse.

The fact that you think there's even a .0001% chance you'd think I'd vote for Trump or even Stein, when I made it clear in about 200 different threads that the only sane vote was for Clinton with the specter of an authoritarian crazy on the horizon, makes me think you don't read anyone else's posts at all, except maybe Meerkat's when you feel like harassing her.

Stop pontificating for 5,000 words that no one reads and actually PARTICIPATE in the discussion, which includes reading the posts of others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Shampoo4you wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

Learn to be succinct!

The fact that you think there's even a .0001% chance you'd think I'd vote for Trump or even Stein, when I made it clear in about 200 different threads that the only sane vote was for Clinton with the specter of an authoritarian crazy on the horizon, makes me think you don't read anyone else's posts at all, except maybe Meerkat's when you feel like harassing her.

Stop pontificating for 5,000 words that no one reads and actually PARTICIPATE in the discussion, which includes reading the posts of others.

Succinctly speaking, my reaction to what your bombastic response is best expressed in the lyrics of the 1967 song "Some Velvet Morning" by Nancy Sinatra & Lee Hazlewood.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.