Subject: movement and other mosnter actions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hey..
1st Thanks, game looks great. reading through the rules, we are playing next week
second, sorry I didn't place it on the faqs thread, but it might borderline homebrew so...

I don't like when monster action are left for players to decide, because I like playing monster smart, and there is someone always that think is part of the "tactic"
In random games (ZBP) I leave it pretty much at random; but this one is quite a tactic one (for my read, no exp playing yet)

So if I were to make a stated rule about some of this things that are left to the Rift Lord.. which one would be the best way?

1. Lion and Gnolls that move toward heroes and if not heroes they move toward the rift. In case that they are several heroes (example in p21 of rulebook), could we state that they ALWAYS move toward the hero closer to the rift? or could we state he move to the weaker hero (most wounded, less geared)? what do you think is reasonable without braking the game,

2. Movement when placing, again gnolls when place from "off map" they have 2 movement. the might stop at starting tile if there is a hero or they might continue at lord rift discretions. reasonable to say the always stop?

thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb
The gane is pretty hard even with this rule. Also MOST mibster moves are fixed & not subject to control. I think if you let monsters attack as thry please you will make it more challenging. Which is fine. Have at it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.