Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
RIK FONTANA
United States
St. George
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This spell seems simple enough: Do 3 damage. Text adds: TARGET OPPONENT LOSES A CARD.
Does this card-loss only apply if the Spark spell is targeting the PLAYER himself? Or does it also apply if the spark is aimed at one of his Champions? In honesty, if it always applys, seems a bit strong for 1 point purchase. Thematically seems like the card loss would be Only if targeted at the player (who is Holding the cards), not his minions. But I know that 'theme' is not always the correct answer.....
Anyone know for sure?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The two effects are independent. You choose targets for them independently. They can both target the same player, or any other legal targets however you see fit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As the rules explain, playing the card adds 3 points of attack to your pool, which will accumulate throughout your turn. At any point during your turn, you can spend any or all accumulated attack by naming a target and using the points up. This can be vs. a champion or player. You can make multiple attacks against different targets, and you can play more cards in between, which can add more points to your pool.

As Asmor said, the effects are independent and the player discards the card when you play Spark. You can make an attack at any point later during your turn against any legal target.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you play spark:

1. Get 3 combat for your combat pool
2. Your opponent discards a card of his/her choice (no matter if you attack at all)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RIK FONTANA
United States
St. George
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,
Thanks for the explanation. Had a hunch that was it, but wanted to be sure.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Johnson
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So does that mean that if I play SPARK my opponent only has 4 cards next turn because they have discarded one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Bradley
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Scotland
flag msg tools
Yes. Your opponent drew his next hand at the end of his last turn. When you play Spark he loses one of those cards. I'm curious to know how you thought it might have been?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.