Subject: Obliterate rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A Frag
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you attack with a unit with Obliterate, do you destroy the units before deciding what your attacking? For example, your opponent only have two patrollers left and they are their 2 lowest units, can I assume that obliterate will destroy the units and attack their base or must I attack one of those units only to have obliterate destroy it before damage is dealt?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Destroy the units with Obliterate first, then decide what you are attacking
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SirHandsome wrote:

Basically this.

To be more technical about it:
First, you attack and even choose a target for the attack. Then, before combat resolves, Obliterate triggers. If the target of your attack has left play now, you must choose a new legal target for your attack if possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zejety wrote:
SirHandsome wrote:

Basically this.

To be more technical about it:
First, you attack and even choose a target for the attack. Then, before combat resolves, Obliterate triggers. If the target of your attack has left play now, you must choose a new legal target for your attack if possible.

Zejety has it more accuratly even thou in the end it is just like SirHandsome said it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr J
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
May I know where obliterate and attacking targets are quoted in the rules please? This timing seems off but maybe I've just played too much mtg!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shamusj wrote:
May I know where obliterate and attacking targets are quoted in the rules please? This timing seems off but maybe I've just played too much mtg!

At the end of the rulebook, you have a lexique with all the keywords. It is under Obliterate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr J
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah got it, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.