Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Legends Untold» Forums » General

Subject: Kickstarter campaign questions ... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Enrico
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have some questions about kickstarter campaign:

1) Is the Cave set the core game set?
2) Is the Sewers set an expansion?
3) what is included in the Bigger Party pledge level?
4) What is included in the 'Coming soon' chapter of the kickstarter campaign (the Crypts, The Dorcha Ciuin, ...) are supposed to be expansions that will be released in the future or are already playable with what is included in this ks campaign?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Hellström
Sweden
Kalmar
Sverige
flag msg tools
1) Yes
2) Yes/No, but possible to play on it's own. So you can say it is a stand-alone-game that can be integrated in Core set.
3) Cave + Sewers + Druid (10 cards). Correct me if I am wrong about that the Druid is only in Bigger Party
4) As far as I understand it is no plan to have more expansions in this kickstarter.

Please correct me if I have wrong information about Druids in 3 and if I am wrong in 4. But this is how I read the informations/mails/forums.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abdullah Aktaş
Turkey
Istanbul
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MartinKalmar wrote:
1) Yes
2) Yes/No, but possible to play on it's own. So you can say it is a stand-alone-game that can be integrated in Core set.
3) Cave + Sewers + Druid (10 cards). Correct me if I am wrong about that the Druid is only in Bigger Party
4) As far as I understand it is no plan to have more expansions in this kickstarter.

Please correct me if I have wrong information about Druids in 3 and if I am wrong in 4. But this is how I read the informations/mails/forums.


3) Caves set + Sewers set + Druid **OR** 2 Caves set + Druid. Druid pack is a give away for all caves set purchases.
4) theese expansions are planed for future kickstarter campaign.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Byrd
United States
Griffin
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The original plan was to KS the Caves, with other sets to be developed in the future. The runaway success of the KS allowed the creators to fund the Sewers as well. They could have started with the Sewers, then added the Caves. Both sets have characters that start at the earliest level of progression. The future sets will be more difficult and allow for more character progression. Think of each set as a separate game in a larger game world that allows all to be connected. However, each set is a full game experience on its own.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev Young
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
As ever Ryan describes the answer perfectly.

Thanks to you all for helping others understand what is going on. As Ryan says we could have done the Sewers first. However we decided to focus on the Caves purely because we had researched that environment more.

Best wishes
IG
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Robson
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
designer
Available from www.spielmaterial.de
badge
Got a light, mate?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nessie76 wrote:
... we could have done the Sewers first. However we decided to focus on the Caves purely because we had researched that environment more.

Sorry Kev ... I'm now imagining you and Hugh researching the sewers environment ...

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Hester
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
meow
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Who (what company) will be manufacturing the final copies of Legends Untold? Can you show us some examples of their production quality? Link to images of other games they made, comparable to what you are purchasing for LU?

QC/Proofing. Manual Clarity. Production Quality. A game can be the most awesome game ever made, but if these three aren't top notch, none of that will matter.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
300gsm Casino Quality "Greycore" are pretty much the standard used for playing cards. Then comes "Ivorycore", followed by "Bluecore" (which MTG cards use apparently). "Blackcore" is the highest quality.

On November 24, in the KS comments, IG replied "The cards we are quoted for are 300gsm black core."
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Hester
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
meow
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
xris wrote:
300gsm Casino Quality "Greycore" are pretty much the standard used for playing cards. Then comes "Ivorycore", followed by "Bluecore" (which MTG cards use apparently). "Blackcore" is the highest quality.

On November 24, in the KS comments, IG replied "The cards we are quoted for are 300gsm black core."


Thanks Chris - I see in the campaign page IG has selected their manufacturer. I'd like to know who that is, and take a look at some other things they've made.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Ducker
msg tools
mb
BenjaminHester wrote:
xris wrote:
300gsm Casino Quality "Greycore" are pretty much the standard used for playing cards. Then comes "Ivorycore", followed by "Bluecore" (which MTG cards use apparently). "Blackcore" is the highest quality.

On November 24, in the KS comments, IG replied "The cards we are quoted for are 300gsm black core."


Thanks Chris - I see in the campaign page IG has selected their manufacturer. I'd like to know who that is, and take a look at some other things they've made.

Hi Benjamin,

We are planning on using Whatz games. They have done games like King of Tokyo and Smash up.

http://www.whatzgames.com/Home/PastProjects
3 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Hester
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
meow
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
HughDucker wrote:
BenjaminHester wrote:
xris wrote:
300gsm Casino Quality "Greycore" are pretty much the standard used for playing cards. Then comes "Ivorycore", followed by "Bluecore" (which MTG cards use apparently). "Blackcore" is the highest quality.

On November 24, in the KS comments, IG replied "The cards we are quoted for are 300gsm black core."


Thanks Chris - I see in the campaign page IG has selected their manufacturer. I'd like to know who that is, and take a look at some other things they've made.

Hi Benjamin,

We are planning on using Whatz games. They have done games like King of Tokyo and Smash up.

http://www.whatzgames.com/Home/PastProjects


Excellent - *very* happy to hear that. Backing with confidence, and recommending others to do the same.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
secoAce -
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The rpg campaign style and character development sounds like a game I would really like to get into especially as it’s solo-playable. But the multitude of future progression expansions is a real turnoff.

Can anyone, preferable the game designers if they are seeing this, explain their plan for the progression expansions or at least how many more expansions they foresee releasing in order for this to be a complete game?

The descriptions on the KS page says the game takes you through 3 initial character Occupation levels: Novice, Apprentice, Journeyman, after which you then reach the “Skilled” level and then this is when you’ll “be ready to set off into the wider world in a direction of your choosing.” I understand that the success of these initial boxes will dictate how much further the game can grow, but this sounds like there is no planned end to the campaign.

According to “anticipated career path” animation on the KS page, there are 8 Novice, 12 Apprentice, and 16 Journeyman occupations planned. But this initial campaign will release only the first Novice level with the 8 Novice occupations split between the Caves and Sewers boxes.

So how many more expansions are needed to continue play as it looks like the larger number of higher levels will probably be split into multiple packs too?
And in addition expansions for the higher levels of Occupation ranks, the description also identifies separate “Culture packs” that sounds like additional location and setting content.

What worries me is that this is going to end up really expensive for the full game.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev Young
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi there,

we are trying to bring together an infographic which explains it all, as you say it was difficult at the start because we had no idea how many backers we would get.

We have a difficult path to tread here because some backers want only a finite amount of content and a number of backers have been very vocal that they want a huge amount of content which helps them have an infinite world to explore.

Finally there is the completionist argument to attend to. There will be a number of things added which there is absolutely no requirement to purchase, not everyone will wish to explore every part of the same world.

OK that is the theory!

The practicalities are that we want to deliver an immersive world with a huge amount of content that has massive replay value and in a manner which is convenient to store and is value for money.

We will get an announcement up soon to clarify this but we believe we have found a way that will help address all of the above points.

We are grateful for your question.

Thanks
IG
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev Young
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi - as mentioned above we try to cover off how this will work in Update 25 (dated Dec 5 on the page).

I hope that helps address your question.

Thanks
IG

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.