Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Vander Veen
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you play your Shop! Card, is the action optional or must you buy something you can afford? I see that the rules focus on making a purchase and do not address the concept of not making a purchase. There seems to be three layers to this: inability, undesirability, and lack of interest.

1 - Inability - What if you lost money prior to "step 6" and cannot afford anything available for purchase?

2 - Undesirability - What if you planned to purchase something that someone else buys first, are you forced to make another purchase instead simply because you can afford it?

3 - Lack of Interest - What if you just want to avoid spending any money in a particular round of play. So, to achieve that goal, you play Shop! along with Go to Work and Take a Break!, can you choose to not make a purchase and achieve your goal of not spending any money that round?

I guess my real question is: Would a player break the spirit of the game if they plan to not make a purchase when they play their Shop! card in any given round of the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC Dorais
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
Hi Mike,

The Shop! Card action is indeed optional.If you lost money prior to shopping or changed your mind based on the available purchases available, you can keep money for later rounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Vander Veen
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks JC. I'm enjoying the game. I am surprised after six or seven plays how strong the Lottery is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.