Scott Lim
msg tools
To those who owns the game and also sleeve their cards, as regards to the title of the thread, would it fit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pflug
Germany
Schwäbisch Gmünd
Baden Würtemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is enough space for the base game cards and a lot of add ons. Obviously you will never be able to fit all the add ons in the core box.

The new tray of the 1.5 edition is designed with sleeves in mind.

Check the FAQ, it might answer some of your questions.
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1679203/kingdom-death-m...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny x
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Yes, its tight but they all fit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matteo Pifferi
Italy
reggio Emilia
Emilia-Romagna
flag msg tools
mb
Frozen Flesh wrote:
There is enough space for the base game cards and a lot of add ons. Obviously you will never be able to fit all the add ons in the core box.

Can all the cards of the 12 current expansions fit inside of the insert tray? (non sleeved!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Welnicki
Poland
Gdansk
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I keep all the base game and expansion cards sleeved in the box. They barely fit. But there's no space left for anything else - the tokens, tiles, dice etc. all go the slim box that the miniatures came in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lim
msg tools
Frozen Flesh wrote:

Thanks for the link! Because with so many expansions plus this being a premium boardgame, I'd like to keep all my cards sleeved and it'd be great if they could all fit in the tray

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lim
msg tools
Mockerre wrote:
I keep all the base game and expansion cards sleeved in the box. They barely fit. But there's no space left for anything else - the tokens, tiles, dice etc. all go the slim box that the miniatures came in.

That's disappointing to hear, I hope they improve the space of the trays to allow sleeved cards to fit, it'd be a shame to have the cards ruined because someone spilled a beverage by accident

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny x
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
If you ditch the original insert and go with a third party or custom solution the core and expansions will fit in the box.

minercreations.com/product/fantasy-survival-game-custom-tray...

This is the option I went with. It fits everything but the manual and the mini's. There's some extra room to spare but it won't fit all of the upcoming new expansions. Not sure what I'm going to do about that yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Quarmby
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
The insert is built for sleeved cards (deliberately) in terms of 'width'. Even with the doubling in thickness of the card that this adds, they all fit quite well. However, the full set of expansions (current edition) can't also fit - there is only left over space for about half the cards at a squeeze (there is simply a huge number of extra cards given each monster has its own hunt / AI / hit location etc cards. I find it easier to keep the expansion monster cards with the monster miniature separately. Hint: Ferro Roche (can't spell it) put out a nicely sized clear container full of their chocolate ball thinks - as long as you don't mind the rolling of eyes when you tell the wife 'these are for you but please keep the container and lip for my kingdom death cards'. Or just get magic card holders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lim
msg tools
malkaven wrote:
If you ditch the original insert and go with a third party or custom solution the core and expansions will fit in the box.

This is the option I went with. It fits everything but the manual and the mini's. There's some extra room to spare but it won't fit all of the upcoming new expansions. Not sure what I'm going to do about that yet.

Yes I've seen a few third party options but it feels like meh when you're paying premium for the game but they've not considered if what they designed allow all their expansions to fit into the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lim
msg tools
mquarmby wrote:
The insert is built for sleeved cards (deliberately) in terms of 'width'. Even with the doubling in thickness of the card that this adds, they all fit quite well. However, the full set of expansions (current edition) can't also fit - there is only left over space for about half the cards at a squeeze (there is simply a huge number of extra cards given each monster has its own hunt / AI / hit location etc cards. I find it easier to keep the expansion monster cards with the monster miniature separately. Hint: Ferro Roche (can't spell it) put out a nicely sized clear container full of their chocolate ball thinks - as long as you don't mind the rolling of eyes when you tell the wife 'these are for you but please keep the container and lip for my kingdom death cards'. Or just get magic card holders.

Oh so you use the Ferro Roche box for the cards & you keep the miniatures in the main box? Since I've been playing magic for awhile, I could definitely put all those empty deck boxes to good use

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes but its tight. I have sleeved every single non-gear and non-settlement event card. It fits but its snug. Actually now the Fighting Arts and Disorders do not fit because they've been bloated with 6 expansions worth of additions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Patrick
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
f0xh0undx wrote:
mquarmby wrote:

Oh so you use the Ferro Roche box for the cards & you keep the miniatures in the main box? Since I've been playing magic for awhile, I could definitely put all those empty deck boxes to good use

The miniatures are not going to fit back in the main box unless it's all you're keeping in there. I use the main box with the Minercreations custom insert linked previously for everything but the rule books and the miniatures and the many printouts I've used for campaigns. I actually have 3 different cardboard boxes holding all the minis and the sprues that haven't been assembled yet.

EDIT: All my cards except gear cards are sleeved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DyingTickles wrote:
f0xh0undx wrote:
mquarmby wrote:

The miniatures are not going to fit back in the main box unless it's all you're keeping in there. I use the main box with the Minercreations custom insert linked previously for everything but the rule books and the miniatures and the many printouts I've used for campaigns. I actually have 3 different cardboard boxes holding all the minis and the sprues that haven't been assembled yet.

What do you use to house all the pieces of your Miner Creations insert? I have it as well but there is no large box to house all the individual insert box pieces in. I am thinking of just making one myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Patrick
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Epidemius wrote:
DyingTickles wrote:
f0xh0undx wrote:
mquarmby wrote:

What do you use to house all the pieces of your Miner Creations insert? I have it as well but there is no large box to house all the individual insert box pieces in. I am thinking of just making one myself.

I use the KDM box for the insert. I also got the additional card boxes since I have all the expansions. There was one part of the insert that couldn't fit because of the extra expansion card boxes, but I can't remember what it was. There was a thread about the Minercreations insert that I had read prior to ordering it and it showed how that guy stored everything and I just copied his method and it works really well. He specifies which piece he couldn't use, too, and has a lot of pictures. If I can find that thread, I'll link it.

EDIT: Here's the link: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1578766/wooden-insert-discu...

He has a pic (last one) of the piece I didn't use so it would all fit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
I managed to fit all of my expansions unsleeved. But there's literally no room for anything else, save for some terrain tiles and dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DyingTickles wrote:
Epidemius wrote:
DyingTickles wrote:
f0xh0undx wrote:
mquarmby wrote:

I use the KDM box for the insert. I also got the additional card boxes since I have all the expansions. There was one part of the insert that couldn't fit because of the extra expansion card boxes, but I can't remember what it was. There was a thread about the Minercreations insert that I had read prior to ordering it and it showed how that guy stored everything and I just copied his method and it works really well. He specifies which piece he couldn't use, too, and has a lot of pictures. If I can find that thread, I'll link it.

EDIT: Here's the link: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1578766/wooden-insert-discu...

He has a pic (last one) of the piece I didn't use so it would all fit.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny x
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
f0xh0undx wrote:
malkaven wrote:

Yes I've seen a few third party options but it feels like meh when you're paying premium for the game but they've not considered if what they designed allow all their expansions to fit into the box.

I'm not sure if I've ever seen a game where the original insert could hold all expansions. There is a LOT of content in the expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lim
msg tools
malkaven wrote:
f0xh0undx wrote:
malkaven wrote:

I'm not sure if I've ever seen a game where the original insert could hold all expansions. There is a LOT of content in the expansions.

Likewise, I guess we all need 3rd party options if we wanna store the cards but it's unfortunate you can't have everything in 1 box. Though it's reasonable since the monster figures are all so huge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.