Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pascal Cadot
Belgium
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello All,

I have read somewhere that the rulebook is well-written. We do not have this impression in our group, as we often need to solve problems and cannot find the solutions back in the rulebook (but OK, I know how difficult it is to write a rulebook accessible to everyone).

For example: the factory tile. I do not have it just in front of me now, but if I remember well, the iconography shows something like +1tool/+1 production.
In the rulebook, only the fact that you increase your production by 1 unit in all buildings having teh same color of worker is mentioned. Nothing about the tool.

The way I understand it is: either take one tool OR increase your production by 1 unit in all buildings with the same color of worker.

Given that we already produce 3 tools at every production phase + the fact that this looks much less advantageous than producing one extra item in different buildings, I wonder whether this was well interpreted.

Anyway, there is nothing about the tool issue in the description of the different buildings in the annex sheet. (I had the same kind of comments concerning teh INstitute, but It has been explained in another post)

Some comments on this factory? Thanks in advance for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annemarie Post
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The icon you identify as 'tool' is in fact the symbol for production buildings that produce building resources.

So the factory gives one extra building resource or sustenance per production building that has the same color of worker as the factory.

It does not increase tool production by the smithy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gábor Iványosi-Szabó
Hungary
Kecskemét
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anny48 wrote:
The icon you identify as 'tool' is in fact the symbol for production buildings that produce building resources.

So the factory gives one extra building resource or sustenance per production building that has the same color of worker as the factory.

Extra building resource OR (not and?) sustenance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annemarie Post
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Artax wrote:
Anny48 wrote:

Extra building resource OR (not and?) sustenance?

That's a linguistic thing Note the 'per production building'.
Every production building that produces building resources or sustenance (the 'or' here is because a building cannot produce both) gets one extra output.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pascal Cadot
Belgium
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
OK.

Thanks to All !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.