Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This contest has been re-opened after discussions with Octavian (who actually praised me running it). Contests using thumbs are allowed, but you have to use thumbs for a particular post as the basis, not the thread itself. This is because thumbs for threads are used in sorting algorithms, and as such when users sorted/searched "hot" threads, nothing but contests would ever come up. In 20/20 hindsight, obviously I should have contacted him first to discuss the contest, which would have prevented the original deletion of this thread.

A week or so ago, I posted on here with a link to someone in the Twin Cities selling a copy of Fantastic Four. Even though I already have a copy of the expansion, I bought it anyway (see BGG transaction entry here: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekmarket/sale/details/478562).

Background
I've had a fantastic experience so far in participating in my first BGG Secret Santa. I had an awesome Santee and have a great Santa, both of whom I have been quite communicative with over the past few weeks. In the spirit of additional giving this holiday season, I am offering up my newly purchased copy of FF for free to someone here on BGG, anywhere in the world. Note there is no box, so I will be sending the cards in a plastic deck box. The rulesheet will also be included.

To reiterate this: I am offering up a complete (used) copy of Legendary: Fantastic Four (in very good condition, and sleeved in opaque white-backed BCW sleeves) for FREE with FREE shipping worldwide!

Rules for entry:
1 Simply "thumb up" THIS POST to be entered. Once the contest is over, I will use a randomizer to determine the lucky winner. You are welcome to thumb up the overall thread if want to show support or something, however the winner will be drawn from the list of thumbs from THIS POST ONLY.
2 This contest will run through the evening of next Saturday (12/10/16). On Sunday I will post the name of the winner. Afterwards, I will GM the winner for their address so that I can mail out the package on Monday. If they haven't provided me their address by Friday 12/16/16, I will draw another name and repeat the process.
3 Users with the "NEW USER" badge under their name will need to be active users on BGG in order to be counted. If one wins, I will stalk you on BGG to ensure that you didn't create an account simply to enter the contest. If this happens, I will redraw names.
4 I have no way of policing this, but if you already own the expansion, please don't enter this contest. This contest is in the spirit of Christmas and giving - don't ruin it for someone else who actually needs this expansion just because you could immediately re-sell your free copy and make $75 or $100 or something. If you want to enter the contest on behalf of someone else who loves Legendary but does not yet own Fantastic Four (who may or may not even be a registered user on BGG), that is fine - but if you win I will need their address in order to send the game to them.

To reiterate this: I am offering up a complete (used) copy of Legendary: Fantastic Four (in very good condition, and sleeved in opaque white-backed BCW sleeves) for FREE with FREE shipping worldwide!

My intention is for whoever wins to have the game in their hands before Christmas. If I have to draw names multiple times because people aren't responsive or if the game is held up in customs because it has to be sent overseas, obviously that may change. But hopefully you will have it by Christmas.

EDIT: Added clarifications regarding contest entry as well as delivery expectations.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool of you, definitely in the spirit of Christmas and giving!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachael
United States
Williamsburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is really quite generous of you.

Question: I have Fantastic Four but I have a very close friend who loves Legendary who does not but is also not overly active on BGG. Would it be within the spirit of your offer for me to enter in order to give it to my friend should I win?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KusHniR
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also took part in secret santa this year. I havent gotten anything yet but the staff I bought already reached their destination.
I hope I'll get it ! (:
Merry christmas!
Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bratty wrote:
This is really quite generous of you.

Question: I have Fantastic Four but I have a very close friend who loves Legendary who does not but is also not overly active on BGG. Would it be within the spirit of your offer for me to enter in order to give it to my friend should I win?

You can enter for them if you'd like, but as long as they didn't create an account as recently as a couple weeks ago they'd be fine to enter on their own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Davies
Wales
Cardiff
flag msg tools
Y Ddraig Goch Ddyry Gychwyn.
badge
Go Team Blob Wheels.
mbmbmbmbmb
Very generous of you.
I hope you have a good Christmas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachael
United States
Williamsburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
swirlsaepi wrote:
You can enter for them if you'd like, but as long as they didn't create an account as recently as a couple weeks ago they'd be fine to enter on their own.

Cool. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
badge
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
mbmbmbmbmb
I thumbed to win, but own the game. If I should I would like this to be donated to te Jack Vassel memorial auction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hal S.
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mixo wrote:
I thumbed to win, but own the game. If I should I would like this to be donated to te Jack Vassel memorial auction.

I up-voted and own the game. If I win I would like this to be donated towards the Jack Vassel Memorial Auction.

@JoshWorley: I appreciate your kindness and generosity. I wish you a delightful day and a merry season
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Ruesch
United States
Murray
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! My roommate would love a copy of this! She's quite the Legendary nut. She picked up a copy of Legendary Villans this summer and has since been pouring through BGG looking for people's alt card art and getting them printed just to add to her collection. :-) This is quite kind of you good sir! Merry Christmas to you and yours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is very nice of you. Congrats to whoever wins!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Puderbaugh
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I already own the game, but it would make an awesome gift for my nephew who LOVES Legendary!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Archer
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the 3rd year I've asked for Legendary as a Christmas gift. I decided if I don't get it this year, I'm buying it December 26 Would be awesome to have FF to go with it!

Thanks OP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mixo wrote:

hpark1990 wrote:
Mixo wrote:

I up-voted and own the game. If I win I would like this to be donated towards the Jack Vassel Memorial Auction.

@JoshWorley: I appreciate your kindness and generosity. I wish you a delightful day and a merry season

Deal. If one of you wins and I donate it next year to the Jack Vasel Memorial Auction, I will make sure your name is included as a donator.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim V
United States
Willowick
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What a great post and a very giving person!

I seriously just got my very first copy of Legendary: Marvel on Monday this week, loved it and ordered several expansions. I found out that FF was out of print so I could not order it. cry I would be over-the-moon happy to win this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff L.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is so generous of you! Thanks for doing this.

I love the FF and hope I'll be able to add them to my Legendary base game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Runnestrand
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
You should be reading this comic.
badge
I like nerdy stuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
If I win, I will sleeve the game and give it away to another deserving BGG member.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Shaunessy

California
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Great giveaway Josh. Thank you for doing this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is awesome. I already have the set, but "thumbs upped" the thread because you are amazing. Good luck to everyone shooting for this set!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fluss Burrito
Germany
NW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew P
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome contest. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad I caught the second thread lol

Thanks again for doing this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, that radioactive yellow jacket gave you the super power of generosity?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jhochges wrote:
So, that radioactive yellow jacket gave you the super power of generosity?

Only if it also includes the super power of poverty if I keep this up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.