Subject: How many of each card to keep rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cal Rasmussen
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to figure out how many of each card I want to try to keep for deck building. I know that you can only have 2 of the same card in any given deck and only one of each unique card.

I had been feeling that it would be nice to have at least 4 of each card that way if I wanted to have both a "hero" and a "villain" deck on me with some of the same cards I wouldn't have to pull the decks apart when I go play.

This is the first of any CCG's that I have wanted to really get into. I'll played magic. But I never got into it to the point that I would want to go and play more than just with my friends. Any pointers would be helpful.

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Strickland
United States
The Woodlands
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
crblackhawk wrote:
I'm trying to figure out how many of each card I want to try to keep for deck building. I know that you can only have 2 of the same card in any given deck and only one of each unique card.

You can actually have two of a unique card in your deck but only one in play. Your best bet would have been to get the saga set from team covenant if you wanted everything but it's out of stock right now. It's actually pretty easy to build a separate hero and villain deck since the only cards you would actually need 4 of would be neutral cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cal Rasmussen
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally forgot about the neutral cards before I wrote this. I shared this within a Facebook group and they said the same thing. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Alonso
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
justrick wrote:
crblackhawk wrote:

You can actually have two of a unique card in your deck but only one in play. Your best bet would have been to get the saga set from team covenant if you wanted everything but it's out of stock right now. It's actually pretty easy to build a separate hero and villain deck since the only cards you would actually need 4 of would be neutral cards.

They over charge for shipping. I wouldnt recommend getting anything from Team Covenant. Terrible service. Miniature market has singles on sale to fill in your gaps. 4-6 of a card that is useful is the number Im using. At least 2 of key legendaries and go from there as the meta develops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Michels
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Galonso, are you going to keep bashing Team Covenant in every thread? Their shipping isn't cheap, but keep in mind they are a fairly small business. Their subscription services aren't as cheap as some places, but the convenience of what they offer is great especially for people that don't have a good or reliable local store. Also, their customer service and everything they do to support the community is great, so I encourage people to support them if you find value from their videos/articles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Alonso
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I am. I do like their videos but their business side leaves something to be desired in my opinion. I respect that you think they are great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yul Beauchamps
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These are the guidelines I'm following.

Non-Dice Cards

4 of each neutral and 2 of each other (heroes & villains)

Dice Cards

1 or 2 depending on the cards

The reasoning is even though you only need one deck I'd like to be able to build two decks at a time 1 hero and 1 villain for variety. Since you can only have two of any cards in your deck you may want to use the same copies of neutral cards for either side without having to re-sleeve cards between games.

As for rare+ cards (those with dice); it could get pretty expensive to try and get doubles for everything so I'm limiting the doubles to the cards I WANT copies of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
You seem to be going by the assumption that you only want 1 hero and 1 villain deck and they have no shared characters.

Is that true?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yul Beauchamps
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
You seem to be going by the assumption that you only want 1 hero and 1 villain deck and they have no shared characters.

Is that true?

Yes, I'm only aiming to build 1 villain and 1 hero deck at the same time. Hey feel free to go nuts...it's all personal preference but I personally don't need more than two decks at a time. Other than Finn's ability breaking the rules, remember you can't mix villain and hero cards. Only neutral cards can go in either deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cal Rasmussen
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:

Is that true?

I'm kinda right there too. I'll have my deck lists for each deck. But only mainly have one hero and one villain active at a time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Herro
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:

Is that true?

It is for me, sort of.

For competitive (i.e. tournament) play, I'd only be using one deck at a time, and for casual play I could just proxy the cards if I need them. Could even get away with 2 of ea. neutral in this fashion. Harder to proxy dice of course, but not impossible, and probably wouldn't be necessary that often.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renny Roufail
United States
Morton Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got into this game as well. I play with my brother so I got 2 of each hero and villian card and 4 of each neutral for the first set. It was expensive like getting 4 of some legendaries like the Thermal Detonator but I can now have the freedom to make both a hero and villian deck that take full advantage of card/dice selection and are balanced.

Not sure I may do the same for future sets as some legendaries are $50 a piece, yikes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.