Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Kickstarter Tier Updates - 2nd December 2016 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bibious P
msg tools
mbmb
Ok, just to help out.

666 more $1,666 tier pledge level have just been added (Final Form Satan's Lantern) These are the same as the other two Satan' Lantern pledge level but the original ones are still the "coolest" devil (for the record I'm not on the cool kid's table)

Another Tier Level was added (in error) by Adam but he has embraced the darkness. True Form Satan's Lantern Pledge Level. Currently this tier has NO rewards associated with it. Here are the comments directly from Adam Poots on this reward level:

"Kingdom Death 4-time creator 9 minutes ago
OK. This is the Kingdom Death kickstarter campaign after all. I have decided I am rolling with it. True Form Satan's Lantern is now a mystery tier. I won't be revealing any details about it until the campaign ends. Pledge at your own risk. Every morning, if the tier is full. I will open another spot or two... or 6! I HAVE EMBRACED THE DARKNESS!"

Enjoy and Pledge at your own peril! (always pledge responsibly!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The 6 spots of the "True Form Satan's Lantern" are already gone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devlyn McConnell
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
And people are already complaining that it "dilutes" the "exclusivity" of their original Satan backer pledges.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Sixer
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Enurta wrote:
And people are already complaining that it "dilutes" the "exclusivity" of their original Satan backer pledges.

Exclusivity?? There are TWO full tiers of 666 backers. How exclusive do they think they are?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bibious P
msg tools
mbmb
Here's what you get with the True Form Satan Level
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdNHpdotRZ0

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Reed
United States
LINCOLNTON
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this is interesting that he would open up more Satan's Lantern pledges but yet people that have been clamoring for a Gamer's Bundle have been told to wait closer to the end of the campaign.

Lets examine the Satan's Lantern Pledge.

Pinup's of Death and Kickstarter 1.0 pinups and promos- I mean I have always assumed as much but now I am pretty positive that these or sitting in warehouse somewhere. Lots of Kickstarters end up with extra promo material.

12 Current Expansions- 6 of the 12 expansions have hundreds of copies spread out across various warehouses. Now I imagine that Poots will have to reprint most of the expansions but it will be massively cheaper now that molds, art, graphic design cost are out of the way.

I bring this up because fulfilling parts of a pledge level with already produced materiel greatly improves the bottom line.

Taking out the Pinups of Death and Kickstarter 1.0 pinups and promos the only difference between Gamblers Lantern 2nd Face is the 12 current expansion. Lets say that all the current expansions can eventually be added. The GL2F with all 12 current expansions add(50% retail) would cost $1372.

I think that the $1666 pledge level is turning out to be pretty profitable for Adam. A lot of its value is based on older content that is cheaper to produce.

I still feel like the Satan's Lantern Pledge is great value. I am happy with it. Just thought it was interesting to see more at this pledge level added.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Andersson
Sweden
Rimbo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I may have missed something but I was thinking like this:

$750 (ancient gold lantern) + $777 (BF gamblers lantern) = $1527

That gives you an "all in" for everything new + the 12 current expansions.

But with this you would also get two gamblers chest so $1527 - $100 = $1427

With this the only thing missing from the Satans pledge are the pinups nd promos. So "the cost" of them should be $1666 - $1427 = $239.

I am thinking of changing to a Satan's pledge but I doubt the new pinups and promos are added for free... and I am reluctant to pay $200-$300+ for non gameplay content (regardles of their cost on ebay/shop).

There should really be a gameplay only all in pledge.

Yes I know there also is Tshirts involved here but that is zero value to me (if I got one for free, sure).

Does this make sense, have I missed something?

Or do you think $750 with all new expansions added on will end up with $1666 plus?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lustenberger
United States
Nashua
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
The power of customization!
badge
Lelouch vi Britannia commands you... All of you... To play more games!
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds like a pretty good speculation, Daniel.

That being said, if it helps both parties (customer and seller) then that's the perfect kind of business. He offloads extra inventory for a deep discount to us. Win-win.

I'm considering changing my normal satan's lantern pledge to the true form satan lantern. My speculation is that the true form pledge is the same as a satan's lantern but has something extra included. Maybe extra pieces or perhaps something upgraded (resin?).

I've come to this conclusion because it makes more sense having such a low amount of spots. If he's including additional content, he doesn't want to take too much of a loss if it's only a few pledges. The second being, I'm sure even after he adds the stipulation "pledge at your own risk." if the pledge turned out being less value than the regular satan's lantern backers would throw a fit to Kickstarter, and who would want that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greysbull
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eatem wrote:
I am thinking of changing to a Satan's pledge but I doubt the new pinups and promos are added for free... and I am reluctant to pay $200-$300+ for non gameplay content (regardles of their cost on ebay/shop).

You need to remember that several of the old pinups that are included in the Satan pledge (and hopefully the new ones as well) actually do have gameplay material (one or two gear cards, some small adjustments to the rulebook, etc.). Some of them even have a new settlement event card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Andersson
Sweden
Rimbo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marcusnc wrote:
eatem wrote:

You need to remember that several of the old pinups that are included in the Satan pledge (and hopefully the new ones as well) actually do have gameplay material (one or two gear cards, some small adjustments to the rulebook, etc.). Some of them even have a new settlement event card.

I did not know that, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greysbull
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These are the ones I know off of the top of my head. Maybe there are others as well:

Beyond the Wall (Hard Breastplate/Cloth Leggings)
Allison the Twilight Knight (Dormant Twilight Cloak/Blue Lantern/Tattered Parcel)
Pinups of Death (A Strange Spot Settlement Event/Belt of Gender Swap)
Holiday White Speaker Nico (Settlement Event)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Andersson
Sweden
Rimbo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marcusnc wrote:
These are the ones I know off of the top of my head. Maybe there are others as well:

Beyond the Wall (Hard Breastplate/Cloth Leggings)
Allison the Twilight Knight (Dormant Twilight Cloak/Blue Lantern/Tattered Parcel)
Pinups of Death (A Strange Spot Settlement Event/Belt of Gender Swap)
Holiday White Speaker Nico (Settlement Event)

I really like some of the promos, like Twilight Knight. Would add it instantly for $15 if I could
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greysbull
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eatem wrote:
I really like some of the promos, like Twilight Knight. Would add it instantly for $15 if I could

Yep, I bought all pinups that have promos on the KD store, kept all cards and sold the minis on ebay. I lost a little bit of money, (maybe $5 per mini) but as a completionist that I am, I MUST have everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devlyn McConnell
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
I think most of the GenCon models had promo cards but I can't be sure if they are included in the Satan Pledge (probably not?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eatem wrote:
marcusnc wrote:

I did not know that, thanks.

I am compiling a list of all figures with game material over here.

Also know that there's a possibility that the game elements will be released as a separate card pack, though how inclusive this will be has yet to be determined.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Johnson
msg tools
ravenblade23x wrote:
I think this is interesting that he would open up more Satan's Lantern pledges but yet people that have been clamoring for a Gamer's Bundle have been told to wait closer to the end of the campaign.

With 3 announced expansions, the average cost as add-ons is $42 per unit. Assuming 12 expansions at that average price, you're paying around $500 to get all the new expansions as add-ons. The $750 level gives you core + chest + 12 current expansions, so adding $500 gets you to $1250.

That's your gamer's bundle, a pretty good savings over any of the Satan's pledges, especially when you factor in the additional shipping those pledgers will be paying for pinups/promos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Judge
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just went from Gambler's Lantern 2nd face to final satan.

Hope it's worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Judge
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol, and a minute later, the pledge I left behind got scooped up. Crazy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb
For context, a few Poots posts addressing what's the deal with this, newest to oldest:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
mbmbmb
So it's strictly better than Satan's Lantern in some magical way TBD... thus many, many people are going to spend way too much time hitting F5 over the next several weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
Netherlands
Alkmaar
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bet the True Satan Pledge includes the Lantern Festival! devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gringe Commander
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
eatem wrote:
I am thinking of changing to a Satan's pledge but I doubt the new pinups and promos are added for free...

But the pledge states that all new pinups and promos are free. As long as they are offered as addon on KS and not in the shop only, they would be added to those pledges as well.

Magallian wrote:
I bet the True Satan Pledge includes the Lantern Festival! devil

Wouldn't that mean that it has to be include in every other 'everything new for free' pledgelevel as well`?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Krigbaum
United States
JBER
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Enurta wrote:

Satan's Lantern pledger here.

What a stupid attitude to take. There's nothing exclusive in the Satan's Lantern pledge levels except a T-Shirt.

I think more is a good thing. Currently Satan's lantern level pledges account for over 35% of the total raised so far. The more money this brings in, the better it is for the future of KD:M.

eatem wrote:

The pledges clearly state that all new pinups, promos, and expansions will be included. There's also a detailed description of what's included in the FAQ.

The only thing I'm not clear on is if we get the Gambler T-Shirt as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JAn
Australia
Noble Park
Victoria
flag msg tools
mb
It's highly unlikely there'll be a gamer's pledge level since it would by necessity be cheaper than the Satan's Lantern pledges and would see a lot of people reducing the amount they pledge. I know Mr Poots likes to run his KS quirky, but I don't think it's going to be quite that quirky. Happy to be proved wrong!

ArmyAirborne wrote:

Poots has specifically said it doesn't. Gambler's level for Gambler's t-shirt, Satan's level for Satan's t-shirt. Wish I could give you a direct quote, but can't face wading through 30k comments to do so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
rakehell wrote:
ArmyAirborne wrote:

Poots has specifically said it doesn't. Gambler's level for Gambler's t-shirt, Satan's level for Satan's t-shirt. Wish I could give you a direct quote, but can't face wading through 30k comments to do so.

Happily, you can find profile-specific lists of posts. Here's Poots's: https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/poots/comments?ref=bggfo...

And a few pages down I find...

Satan Shirt is EXCLUSIVE to that pledge level, just as the Gambler's shirt is exclusive to it's pledge level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.