Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pee di Moor
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I just received the expansion and read the rules.

The rules state to remove 15 cards prior to adding the expansions cards. Whats the rationale behind that?

How is this different from just adding the expansion cards?

Also: can I easily distinguish the expansion cards from the original cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Finn
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
moorwild wrote:

I just received the expansion and read the rules.

The rules state to remove 15 cards prior to adding the expansions cards. Whats the rationale behind that?

How is this different from just adding the expansion cards?

Also: can I easily distinguish the expansion cards from the original cards?

It is only to give you a better chance of getting one of the new cards while you play and also, if you add the broken wands back into the deck, it gives the same chance that the two wands will come out as in a normal game. Mainly, it's about getting the new cards more chances for showing up.

The backsides should be colored differently enough that they can be easily distinguished, as they were printed by different printers at different times. Different backs have very little impact, if any, on the play and decisions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got the expansion, and came here to ask this.

I don't see much, if any, difference between the card backs... could just be my aging eyes, but they look identical to me. There probably should have been a little symbol or something on the expansion cards, so you can more easily separate them out if you wanna go back to base game. As is, I guess I'll take a Sharpie to the expansion cards... just put a little dot on the corner of each one.

Although, truth be told, I'll probably just mix them all in and always just play with the full deck. I'm not really interested in increasing the probability of new cards showing up.. we play this enough I'd rather everything is equally balanced... we'll see it all, eventually. I might consider shuffling the 2 wands into the first 25 or 30 cards, though, just so they aren't too diminished in value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.