Popular Tags: [View All]
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am either blind or I'm missing something.

FAQ says:

"SS tokens can replace their equivalent (same number of dice on the token) in the base game. The total of tokens in the enemy reserve must always remain the same as the one indicated in the base game rules. SS do not have special rules, they simply allow a new visual appearance."

But where is it in the rulebook!?

Here's the thing, it's not just about SS. It's also about equipment pool.

Here's are my questions:

1. How to set up enemy reserve? How many tokens? 44? And special get added only with empty being revealed? Why are there so many specials, if 7 is the default max?

2. What about equipment tokens? Expansions add new tokens BUT this breaks the ratio of 'eye' results even if you just add 1 expansion.

3. Why can't you use equipment tokens from both expansions at the same time (if you adjust ratio with eyes accordingly). Or are they balanced to the scenarios despite being rare occurrence?

4. Terrain based tokens that are added to tiles (such as explosives) should reduce the '66' pool size? Or is the actual pool size smaller OR should expansion content fill the gaps?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
These are good questions. I look forward to seeing the answers as I have a couple of drawstring pouches I will use for enemy/equipment reserve and want to know what to fill them with!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Langer
Germany
Coburg
Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
FIS Franconian Gaming Club
badge
History teacher at work
mbmbmbmbmb
1. In this case the rules are pretty clear, at least in regard to the enemy pool.

Have a look at p. 16:
Enemy reserve: place all regular enemy tokens [...] and three special enemy tokens [...] in a bowl.

As p. 3 "Game Components" shows, there are 32 + 5 (hammer) regular enemies to which you add three special ones. That makes 40 enemies plus the empty ones.
And the seven extra special enemies are added, whenever you draw an empty reinforcement token. OR they might be added by an event card.

2. True, it will alter the balance, but I would just accept that as a given fact and not a problem.

3. As was mentioned someplace else, you can use the game components "sandbox style" and add tokens as you like, or alter the ratio as you see fit. As far as I understand it, the scenarios where playtested with the equipment tokens of the corresponding expansions only.

4. From my point of view you ask for too much regulation - I do take the tokens on the terrain from the general equipment pool and the game plays just fine. But of course, this changes the overall ratio. For me, this doesn't change the fun while playing. So, it might really be a solution to always try to keep the ratio intact.

Just my 2 cents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"there are 32 + 5 (hammer) regular enemies to which you add three special ones. That makes 40 enemies plus the empty ones."

Wait what? Where does it say to add 3 special ones at start? I must be blind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
Wait what? Where does it say to add 3 special ones at start? I must be blind.

Page 16:
"Enemy Reserve: place all regular enemy units, all Ø enemy and 3 special enemy unit tokens in another opaque bag or in a bowl."

So the final total is:
32 Regular enemy with guns only
5 Regular enemy with guns and hammers.
7 0 enemy tokens
3 Special enemy tokens.

47 total.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kin Hassar
France
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cornicer wrote:
Have a look at p. 16:
Enemy reserve: place all regular enemy tokens [...] and three special enemy tokens [...] in a bowl.

Edit:ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven smith
msg tools
mb
Further to this thread. Does the equipment pool include only the double sided tan tokens, or all the tokens with different coloured sides ? What about the blue weapon tokens and spotted tokens, all they all just mixed into one big pop ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
All tokens of that size, except +1/-1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moe45673 wrote:
All tokens of that size, except +1/-1

It actually surprised me that those tokens weren't squares. From what I know, nothing else is ever put on those spaces on character cards, so they could have been squares.

I believe they used to be squares before final product.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stevie02 wrote:
Further to this thread. Does the equipment pool include only the double sided tan tokens, or all the tokens with different coloured sides ? What about the blue weapon tokens and spotted tokens, all they all just mixed into one big pop ?

There are 66 (not 76 as rulebook) basic tokens :-

The orange spotted always go in (apart from a training mission) weapons, Crowbar, Spotted , Grenade, first Aid Kit, TNT , Uniform and Bombardment.

The expansions tokens add / swap out various tokens as do missions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
It actually surprised me that those tokens weren't squares. From what I know, nothing else is ever put on those spaces on character cards, so they could have been squares.

I believe they used to be squares before final product.

I don't remember the punchboards, but perhaps it was a matter of "We have a cutting die already made that has round counters"? Saving the cost of making a new tool that used squares could be a nice cost saving measure, perhaps?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hum, in fact, I simply wanted them to be rounded (and we also used rounded tokens on the prototypes, and yes, that was penible to cut )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.