Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Nelson Jr.
United States
Cumberland
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Howdy! If you are registering for the 2017 World Boardgaming Championships (and you should be), please vote for Quartermaster General to be included as a trial event!

I know there were a lot of folks playing QG during open gaming last year. I was even lucky enough to play with the designer himself and get my copy signed!

WBC is a great time, and QG is definitely a game that deserves a tournament. Thanks for your vote!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alec Usticke
United States
Peekskill
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's added, that'd be a strong incentive for my girlfriend and I to attend our first WBC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn von Knorring
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
The picture is a swedish cartoon-figure Herman Hedning. English info here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herman_Hedning
mbmbmbmbmb
I have done so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn von Knorring
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
The picture is a swedish cartoon-figure Herman Hedning. English info here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herman_Hedning
mbmbmbmbmb
Shame though that it seems tobe run mostly on first saturday & sunday. Those days are usually packed with lots of tournaments who require lots of commitments from players so I fear that might affect numbers.

I will be busy with the Hannibal-tournament but will play on tuesday (if it gets enough votes of course).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Anastasia
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would this be run as a two player game for tournament purposes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Nelson Jr.
United States
Cumberland
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MyNameIsFourteen wrote:

We may have to. I don't know if WBC would do a team tournament, but I would like to if they will let us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Brody
United States
Woodstock
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
marcnelsonjr wrote:
MyNameIsFourteen wrote:

We may have to. I don't know if WBC would do a team tournament, but I would like to if they will let us.

First off, this is awesome. I hope we can make this happen.

The WBC has very strict rules about how Tourneys are run. I had a long conversation with BPA tourney experts Board Member Ken Whitesell and Ray Stakenass about how a team event could be allowed to work. It's all more complicated than it might seem and I won't attempt to reiterate the conversation here. But I'll get in contact with them and see what happened. I think they needed to present the format to the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.