Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Booth
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When does the keyword PREY trigger? I did a solo run of the first scenario and I am the only person in the hallway to submit clues to unlock Parlor. This triggers a bunch of stuff including spawning Ghoul Priest in the Hallway with me. Does the Prey trigger when he spawns or during the enemy phase. If it happens when he spawns is pretty much the only thing I can do without taking damage is either try to fight Ghoul or Evade in order to not take damage? If I try to move to parlor will the Ghoul get an attack of opportunity? And will it follow me to the parlor so I'm still stuck either evading it or fighting it?

Sorry for the wall of text.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Scutt
United Kingdom
Matlock
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think Prey has any effect if you're on your own.
(it just determines who the enemy will pursue/engage if it has a choice)

The Ghoul Priest spawns and immediately engages with you, so yes your only options are to Fight or Evade (or, as you point out, Move but in that case unless you've evaded/exhausted him first he will get an Attack of Opportunity AND come with you to the Parlor)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik Zetterman
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Prey only determines which investigartor to engage, so he will engage a single investigator regardless of prey or not.

Also, note that the Ghoul Priest spawns at end of round, not end of turn or phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skulk Ing
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zerf wrote:
note that the Ghoul Priest spawns at end of round, not end of turn or phase.

How so? It seems to me that the Ghoul Priest spawns anytime the Act Card in question is turned over to side b and the instructions are followed, which could happen at a lot of places within a round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Kløve
Denmark
Hillerød
flag msg tools
badge
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed
mbmbmbmbmb
skulking wrote:
Zerf wrote:

How so? It seems to me that the Ghoul Priest spawns anytime the Act Card in question is turned over to side b and the instructions are followed, which could happen at a lot of places within a round.

The act cards specifies that the act advances at the end of the round, which replaces the usual conditions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Marino
United States
Windsor
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Great Googly Moogly!
badge
That's the sealiest thing I've ever heard!
mbmbmbmbmb
skulking wrote:
Zerf wrote:

That's not the case, the objective on the Act card gives a specific time when it can be completed, so you can't flip it over in the middle of a round. Just use whatever actions you have left to prepare, or score more victory points if possible.

Quote:
Objective - When the round ends, investigators in the hallway may, as a group, spend the requisite number of clues to advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skulk Ing
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
supermarino wrote:
That's not the case, the objective on the Act card gives a specific time when it can be completed, so you can't flip it over in the middle of a round. Just use whatever actions you have left to prepare, or score more victory points if possible.

Quote:
Objective - When the round ends, investigators in the hallway may, as a group, spend the requisite number of clues to advance.

Ah, OK. blush I did play it incorrectly, then. I read but I oversimplified the requirement when telling myself what I had to accomplish. The detail was lost on my internal monologue.

Fortunately, the way I played probably didn't change the outcome and was, if anything, harder.

Thank you, Bobby, for pointing the text out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.