Le Havre» Forums » Variants

Subject: Official variants? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan T
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Do official variants of any kind exist for this game? Obviously this game can be tweaked in so many different ways to create a totally new experience, and I wonder if Rosenberg or publishers have ever released official possibilities for this.

For example, I've read on various threads that there is a comment somewhere from Rosenberg on a released or intended-to-be-released variant on loan interest payments. However this is not in my manual for the Z-Man version and I can't find much about the actual comments online. Anyone know if these exist?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this thread covers all the loan stuff pretty well and it spans about 7 years:
Rules tweak for loans in newer editions from Uwe

Other than that, there aren't any official variants I'm aware of. This one is proposed by Ponton, so I guess it's semi-official
More Special Buildings
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan T
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Yeah I did see this thread while looking into it, and this probably is the one I was thinking of when I mentioned that there were official Rosenberg comments out there. May not have realized that there was a link to the actual interview here though!

I do like the 2 francs interest if > n (n = number of players) loans taken and I will probably try at least a few games with this setup, although I have not yet. I suspect it will be balanced in a way that puts more emphasis on all food (including fish) which to me seems like a big improvement, at the expense of a slight amount of elegance due to one more "exception" rule.

Reading that thread to the end, it seems that the rule only made it into subsequent German editions, not the 2013 Z-Man edition. I find that pretty interesting, but I suppose that is "official" enough and I assume that means Uwe has tested it and approves of this variant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno kowalski
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This variant is also in the rulebook in Polish edition(2013).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drake
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone highlight where exactly this variant is listed in the German/Polish rule book.

I looked at the German lookout edition pdf and didn't see it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
http://lookout-spiele.de/wp-content/uploads/LeHavre_Regeln_2...

Page 12, just above the credits section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drake
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ponton wrote:

Thank you =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan T
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I still haven't had the chance to try this variant since confirming on this thread, but very much looking forward to it as it sounds to me like a good fix.

I still can't help but wonder though why it didn't make it into the Z-Man version. It seems hard to believe it would just be an oversight, which leads me to wonder if Rosenberg was unhappy with it for some reason. I wish there was some info or explanation on this somewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.