United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
What are those!
badge
このていどだな、ね?
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I have seen two interpretations of the cost for an ally.

1. Some post it is one gem per a figure i.e if I have three pirates on the board I can place 1-3 gems on their tile to activate that many models

or

2. Some post that it cost one gem to activate the tile similar to the Overlord. You then get to activate all of the models for that tile similar to the overlord.

I read Monolith's response on their forum and it could be interpreted either way:

"When thus Hero is in the Aggressive/Active stance, this Hero can spend 1 gem on the tile to activate 1 Ally.
An activated Ally has to move first and then attack (like the models from a Unit of the Overlord)."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Ruiz
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
It's one gem per model. This was clarified somewhere, can't fine the link.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevan Corrêa
Brazil
Brasilia
DF
flag msg tools
badge
Jogo Rápido
mb
It's one per figure. So, for example, if you want to move all 5 Belit's minions, you have to use 5 gems. Expensive? Yes, I know...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Bowker
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Monolith wrote:
When thus Hero is in the Aggressive/Active stance, this Hero can spend 1 gem on the tile to activate 1 Ally.
An activated Ally has to move first and then attack (like the models from a Unit of the Overlord).

They are specific to refer to all the models associated with an OL's card a Unit. My interpretation: If they wanted to activate all the allies, they would have also called them a Unit of Allies, instead of 1 Ally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevan Corrêa
Brazil
Brasilia
DF
flag msg tools
badge
Jogo Rápido
mb
proclaimed wrote:

They are specific to refer to all the models associated with an OL's card a Unit. My interpretation: If they wanted to activate all the allies, they would have also called them a Unit of Allies, instead of 1 Ally.

yeah... again... their translation sucks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Combs
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
It is 1 gem per figure; each ally figure is able to move AND attack when activated... still expensive, but not as bad as it seems
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
n8combs wrote:
It is 1 gem per figure; each ally figure is able to move AND attack when activated... still expensive, but not as bad as it seems

This.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Petersen
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
What are those!
badge
このていどだな、ね?
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems expensive when using Belit's guards. Not as much when using someone like Slasher, who kicks ass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DancingFool wrote:
It seems expensive when using Belit's guards. Not as much when using someone like Slasher, who kicks ass.

Consider the alternative interpretation: one gem would activate 5 guards, for a total of 15 Movement Points and i don't remember how many attack dice. For a single gem, that would be a waaaaaay overpowered compared to other heroes' capabilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Ruiz
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
DancingFool wrote:

It really does force players to use the Guards to actually, you know, guard. Instead of just being a mobile strike force. The sacrifice ability makes them really useful even if they're not activating every turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.