Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Bowker
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure this is going to sound petty, but I'm interested in getting some advice or hearing other people's opinions.

I received my King's Pledge and add-ons a couple weeks ago which included a sufficiently crushed corner of both the Core and KS Extras box. Nothing internally was broken, but the box itself was torn at the seam. I reported the damage to Ship Naked who responded fairly quickly, stating that they would send replacements. There was no Spanish Inquisition, no request for pictures, etc etc. Two thumbs up, no complaints.

A week later, the box shows up and I'm pretty excited. I opened it up and removed the top box, flip it over and around to check for damage. All good! I reach into the box to grab the next one . . . wait a minute. That's the same box cover. Now mind you, I hate the KS Extras box art, but now I'm a little upset that I don't see Mr. Emo-Conan standing on a hilltop. I decided to reread the shipping email I got, and it definitely says "King Pledge and Barbarian Pledge," but even if I had noticed it then, that was the shipping label for a box that was already on its way.

So, my current total of game boxes is now:
King Pledge Box - damaged
Stretch Goals Box - damaged
King Pledge Box - undamaged
Barbarian Box - undamaged

Part of me wants to report another "missing items" report, but I really don't want it to seem like I'm trying to swindle them for free games. I've decided that I can live with the damage on the Stretch Goal Box and just accept it as is. I can find a way to donate/trade/sell/whatever the extra Barbarian Box and I can do the same with the damaged King Box. I never got a request to send the original boxes back so I assume they don't want to mess with it. I would like to have an undamaged SG Box, as it was the "Collector's Box," but it feels spiteful to ask for another replacement because I've received 2 "bad" shipments. It seems like an honest mistake and I've read about other people getting the same 2x Core Box shipments.

If Monolith or Ship Naked read this and wants to resolve the situation, I'll happily work with them. Otherwise I'm just gonna be happy that I got my copy of the game and extras when I assume some people still haven't. Any 3rd party thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Rake
United States
Richardsville
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in a similar situation but not sure if it will be resolved correctly as of yet since I just received my replacement shipping notice today. My "Collector's Box" was crushed in the middle along the bottom edge. I had no interaction with SN other than filling out the replacement part web form, one email that said they received my request and then the shipping notification today. I hope they send the correct box.

As to your issue, I would recommend giving them a call and speak to someone directly. That way you can get a clear and honest understanding of the situation and how it can be remedied. Good luck!

Edit: Just an update, I check my shipping notification and it has listed:

Conan: Stretch Goal Box

so maybe if you contact them you can use that description to get the correct box. I haven't received it yet but it sounds like they got it correct for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They sent you whole new games just for shipping damaged boxes?! Good deal!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Peacock
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's good to hear they sent my king pledge without the collectors box and all stretch goals. Glad to hear Monolith is on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.