David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
The cover art for the base game show an epic battle on a train between an unspeakable horror and a guy with a tommygun.

Was there are tommygun in the base game? No. Was there one in the next 3 expansions? No. Why include the most iconic weapon from the time period and the one you advertise right on the front of your freaking box? Accurate advertising is for sissies.

But there is now. Sure it has the exact same stats as the carbine rifle, and you could have strait up replaced it with that weapon in the base game and changed nothing from gameplay and waited till now to release the carbine rifle but you just had to keep us waiting.

Finally playable.

/rant
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love these gun-obsessed rants, keep them coming, they're very entertaining.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McCarthy

Connecticut
msg tools
Oh boy. They don't have the "exact same stats" either. Carbine is +5 Str only usable once per round. Tommy Gun is +4 Strength during combat encounters. Similar yes.

And you do seem to rant about unusual nit-picky things, but I guess who am I to judge...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D
United States
Asheville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
umbat01 wrote:
And you do seem to rant about unusual nit-picky things, but I guess who am I to judge...

I agree. Who are you to judge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.