Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Irwin Dolobowsky
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking for someone to take over my $49 pledge for one copy of Unfair with all goals - US Shipping only. I can fill out the backer survey with your information so it ships right to you.

Current delivery estimate is late February 2017.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Kaiser
Germany
Kriftel
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Too bad its only US shipping. Would gladly take it. Hope you find someone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Irwin Dolobowsky
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately there was no way to add funds to cover additional shipping. If you're interested in in I'm happy to sell at the pledge price + shipping to you when I get it.

Someone else pointed out you can make a late pledge. Certainly anyone can go that way - just figured I'd put this up in case someone wanted to help out.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Finch
Australia
Carindale
QLD
flag msg tools
designer
badge
My hat? Definitely not a mind-control alien, no.
mbmbmbmbmb
Irwin, you're welcome to message me here with details of your pledge and we can refund it for you if you like, rather than putting you to the trouble of finding someone to take it over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan George

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This post has nothing to do with me. but I'd just like to say I have a lot of respect for you and your openness to resolve this backers issue. Kudos!I look forward to the release of Unfair! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Irwin Dolobowsky
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joelfinch wrote:
Irwin, you're welcome to message me here with details of your pledge and we can refund it for you if you like, rather than putting you to the trouble of finding someone to take it over.
r

Appreciate the offer. I'm actually really excited about the game and its theme and money isn't the issue. For me I'm concerned about the take-that nature of parts of the game - my group tends to dislike those greatly. I think this is a game I'd get, play once, and would have a hard time getting back to the table.

I think the art and theme are great and if you have a group that likes that style of play, well, it'll be great! Just figured I'd offer it up here in case anyone wanted a copy.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm happy to still make sure you get the pledge I supported you with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Finch
Australia
Carindale
QLD
flag msg tools
designer
badge
My hat? Definitely not a mind-control alien, no.
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfair has, perhaps unfairly (see what I did there?) acquired a "Take That" label, and I think in some people's minds they think everyone is just blowing things up left and right and cackling maniacally

The game has some attacking elements, it's true, but it also has defenses for basically every attack, or ways to mitigate or reverse their effects.

The attacking is also entirely optional - Event cards have two halves, and you can choose not to use the attack and take a benefit for yourself.

So it always puzzles me when groups say "oh, we can't play Unfair, we don't like Take That" because if that's true, no-one will play the attacks anyway. For those worrying about the attacks, it basically means there's someone in their group who they expect will be a bastard given the chance

We've found, over many plays, that attacking wildly is not the way to win. If you spend all your actions destroying instead of building, you guarantee the win to someone other than you. The attacking is intended to be used infrequently and tactically - for example, some of the upgrades are limited, and if you need one that someone else has built, you can try to take it. And they can try to stop you.

It's not mandatory, but there can be a bit of back and forth, and played with a group of people you know there can be a lot of fun there. I play Unfair with my wife - 4-players where there is a bit of attacking and revenge, and 2-players where we mostly do building and almost no attacking (household harmony prevails) and it plays great both ways.

With all that said, if you are worried about a Secret Bastard in your group, there's always the World Peace game changer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.