Popular Tags: [View All]
Kaarin Engelmann
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Please take a look at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/9XVY5FS and let us know what scheduling tools you use for WBC--both before and during. If you have any issues with it, let me know at acd@boardgamers.org. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Ottey
United States
Royersford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the Custom Scheduler tools, but they each have a single severe problem that need to be addressed.

The Okonski scheduler only allows you to choose eight games.
The Powers' scheduler doesn't print (when you choose "print" it gives a blank page.

This past year I did use the iOS app for most of my scheduling during the week, but I really would like to have a printout from the Powers' scheduler, or be able to choose more games from Okonski (which does print).

Thanks to the makers of these scheduling tools!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Powers
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had thought the printing was fixed! Apologies, will check more closely/rigorously for 2017.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Ottey
United States
Royersford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mpowers wrote:
I had thought the printing was fixed! Apologies, will check more closely/rigorously for 2017.

That would be great, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank McNally
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if anyone has access to the event data in a format from which it would be convenient to make a stacked bar chart by convention hour?

It would be interesting to see when the lulls were (useful for GMs planning in future or if allowed late adds of extra demos/heats). An alternate view could simply be a chart of rooms on Y axis and times on X with event names in appropriate boxes.

These could serve those looking to add events late in process.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Powers
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not updated with 2017 schedule data, obviously, but if you select all the events, it sounds like it might be what you're looking for.

http://aidanp.github.io/event-scheduler/app/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank McNally
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not quite, overlapping events should stack like (horizontal axis is time by hr and letters denote games titles):

F F
C D E E E G
B B D D D E G
A A A A A B B
----------------------
09 10 11 12 13 14 15

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Drummond
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
WBC Team Captain
mbmbmbmbmb
And to be fair, at least among the Euro games, there has been a lot of movement in schedules. Most of the GMs are trying to figure out how to use the first weekend and everything has been fairly fluid as a result.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Yaure
United States
Plymouth Meeting
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FrankM wrote:
I wonder if anyone has access to the event data in a format from which it would be convenient to make a stacked bar chart by convention hour?

It would be interesting to see when the lulls were (useful for GMs planning in future or if allowed late adds of extra demos/heats). An alternate view could simply be a chart of rooms on Y axis and times on X with event names in appropriate boxes.

The spreadsheet Eric Freeman prepares and circulates as part of his really valuable euro scheduling effort does this (and takes into account the length of events, not just when they begin). Eric's scheduling effort includes approximately 68 of the approximately 155 tournaments.

Eric's spreadsheet shows at least 5 events in every hour block from 9AM to 11PM (excluding the 9AM-6PM on Tuesday auction blackout period) beginning at 3 PM on Monday thorugh 11 AM on Sunday. On First Sunday 9AM-11PM and Monday 9AM-3PM there are at least 3 events every hour except one, and frequently more.The most events in an hour block are 9. Eric has done a remarkable job (in coordination with the GMs) of spreading the euros out throughout the week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Craig Trader
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
FrankM wrote:

The massaged spreadsheet data for 2017 is now available at http://trader.name/wbc/2017/. This is the data that is the basis for the Android and iOS apps, as well as the Powers scheduling tool.

All of the tournaments and other events are broken out individually in WebCal (.ics) format, as well as complete information in CSV and JSON formats. As an example, here's the data for RoboRally:

{
... other data ...
{"Code": "RRY", "Prize": null, "Format": "Demo", "Continuous": "", "Event": "Robo Rally Demo 1/1", "Duration": 1.0, "Location": "Exhibit Annex T5", "Time": 20, "Date": "07/23/2017", "GM": "M. Houde", "Class": "B"},
{"Code": "RRY", "Prize": "4.0", "Format": "HWO", "Continuous": "", "Event": "Robo Rally H1/3", "Duration": 4.0, "Location": "Alpine", "Time": 21, "Date": "07/23/2017", "GM": "M. Houde", "Class": "B"},
{"Code": "RRY", "Prize": "4.0", "Format": "HWO", "Continuous": "", "Event": "Robo Rally H2/3", "Duration": 4.0, "Location": "Alpine", "Time": 20, "Date": "07/27/2017", "GM": "M. Houde", "Class": "B"},
{"Code": "RRY", "Prize": "4.0", "Format": "HWO", "Continuous": "", "Event": "Robo Rally H3/3", "Duration": 4.0, "Location": "Alpine", "Time": 15, "Date": "07/28/2017", "GM": "M. Houde", "Class": "B"},
{"Code": "RRY", "Prize": "4.0", "Format": "SE", "Continuous": "", "Event": "Robo Rally SF", "Duration": 4.0, "Location": "Alpine", "Time": 14, "Date": "07/29/2017", "GM": "M. Houde", "Class": "A"},
{"Code": "RRY", "Prize": "4.0", "Format": "SE", "Continuous": "", "Event": "Robo Rally F", "Duration": 4.0, "Location": "Alpine", "Time": 21, "Date": "07/29/2017", "GM": "M. Houde", "Class": "A"},
... other data ...
}

You probably care the most about Code, Event, Date (MM/DD/YYYY), Time (hours), and Location. Of course the whole file has 1,088 individual events, so you'd want to filter it for just the events you're interested in.

There may be some minor changes to times/locations for seminars, but it is largely complete. If there are any schedule changes, I'll publish the updates ASAP.

- Craig -
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Powers
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Powers' scheduler is updated to use Craig's 2017 data.

http://aidanp.github.io/event-scheduler/app/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Stein
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Android is up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaarin Engelmann
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a few changes to the data that Craig has not yet updated. You might check the latest spreadsheet schedule.

http://boardgamers.org/wbc17/schedule.html

Kaarin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaarin Engelmann
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Please note that the Powers scheduler WILL print, but not if you use Firefox. Try pulling it up in Chrome. Be sure to check the box to print the background.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Blumentritt
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The Okonski scheduler only allows you to choose eight games.

Even so, it's too bad we don't have it anymore, as it fit the games in much more compact style than the Powers scheduler, because it would put multiple entries for the same day on the same horizontal line as long as they didn't overlap. I could print a pair of Okonskis on one page and get 16 games much more neatly than I can with any other tool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.