Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: existing expansions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Brillant
Canada
red deer
flag msg tools
I've currently pledged for the core 1.5 game box. I'm wondering if I go ahead and purchase some expansions now on his shop will they work 100%. I don't need any special upgrade kit to fix older cards etc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
PhilBrillant wrote:
I've currently pledged for the core 1.5 game box. I'm wondering if I go ahead and purchase some expansions now on his shop will they work 100%. I don't need any special upgrade kit to fix older cards etc

Expansions are not getting updates and are 100% compatible. So yes, go nuts on the shop if you want them now! However, keep in mind that they are being offered for 50% off in the Kickstarter, and since you don't have the core game yet, it may not make sense to buy the expansions for full price in the shop when you could get them at half off in the KS. They are supposedly going to ship around the same time as the core game.

It's unclear if alllll of the expansions are going to be made available in the KS, but there's a good chance there are more incoming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just checked the webstore, and the only one that they don't appear to be running low are:

- Lion God
- Lonely Tree
- Slenderman

Though everything but Lion God is sold out in the US. Those would be the three I'd say are least likely to show up in the KS for 50% off, but since they are mostly sold out in the US warehouse (and the fact that there are so many new backers in this campaign), they may still see reprints. Everything I did not list, I'd say wait to see if they show up in the campaign

Edit for clarification

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Held
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
This shark, swallow you whole.
badge
I'll catch this bird for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish.
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you played the base game? I'd wait until I played the core game before I started buying expansions, but it's your money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Brillant
Canada
red deer
flag msg tools
Elyklord wrote:
PhilBrillant wrote:

Expansions are not getting updates and are 100% compatible. So yes, go nuts on the shop if you want them now! However, keep in mind that they are being offered for 50% off in the Kickstarter, and since you don't have the core game yet, it may not make sense to buy the expansions for full price in the shop when you could get them at half off in the KS. They are supposedly going to ship around the same time as the core game.

It's unclear if alllll of the expansions are going to be made available in the KS, but there's a good chance there are more incoming.

thanks for the info, I think i'll wait then for the pledge manager after its all done to add some expansions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.