Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick P.
United States
North Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently got into M44 after playing a number of Borg's games over the years. My partner loves it and we play almost nightly.

I just picked up some expansions, notably the Terrain Pack, and noticed a tons of new rules for the terrain included- great! Unfortunately there were no terrain cards included (I understand they're in the OPP Air Pack and I'd rather not spend $100). I love M44 because there's almost zero rulebook looking during the game and would like to keep this going. We both really love the terrain cards and think it's an awesome system for just showing the special rules for the terrain in-play.

I googled and came up with zero results for DoW selling any/all of the terrain/special unit/other special rules cards. I know all of the card images are available on DoW site. Has anyone Artscow'd this, and if so do they have the template they'd like to share? I'd gladly buy one from DoW but it seems as they it has never been offered, and a majority of the cards are only available in an OPP expansion.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will H.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've kept my eye on the Air Pack for a few years now after getting into Memoir '44 late.

There is a free app (in the file section right here on BGG) that lists all the terrain cards. It's great!

You can also download a PDF of the Air War pack from the DoW web site, but I'm guessing all you want is the cards. The app will take care of that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick P.
United States
North Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply. Ideally I'd rather not make the cards (printing out and glueing to card stock) because there are a ton of them which is why I looked at Artscow. Hopefully someone made a template, if not I'll just have to do it when I get the free time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will H.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a link to the Android OS app. I use it and it is great. Then you don't have to print out and search through the cards.

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/120787/memoir-44-helper-1...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick P.
United States
North Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd rather not use my phone when I game (or an iPad, or a screen of any kind really) which is why my partner and I really like the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Rake
United States
Richardsville
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well if you really must have cards, you'll either need to print them out yourself or find a copy of the OOP Air Pack. That seems like a bit of a hassle to me. A much easier solution in my opinion would be to print out the wonderful Rules Summary & Reference that the Universal Head created.

Universal Head's Summary

If you want to keep it simple so you don't feel like you're looking things up in a rule book, just print out the last few pages of his guide (front & back) and laminate them and you've got three quick reference sheets that contain most of everything that the cards have on them and are just as easy to reference while playing. Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick P.
United States
North Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, just stumbled upon this a few days ago too. I tgunk I might just go down this route.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Papenfuss
United States
Star
Idaho
flag msg tools
"Your results are back: it's negative"......um, is that a bad thing?
mbmbmbmbmb
gar0u wrote:
Here is a link to the Android OS app. I use it and it is great. Then you don't have to print out and search through the cards.

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/120787/memoir-44-helper-1...

I have long felt the same way as the OP about these cards. Eventually I printed them out in card stock and keep them in the base game, pulling them out when needed. But an app would be quicker. Anything on iOS?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Wong
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hateoven wrote:
Thanks for the reply. Ideally I'd rather not make the cards (printing out and glueing to card stock) because there are a ton of them which is why I looked at Artscow. Hopefully someone made a template, if not I'll just have to do it when I get the free time.

Buy some sturdy card sleeves. Print out your cards. Card stock is better, but could print them on regular paper. Cut them out and put them in the sleeves. The sleeves make them sturdier, and you don't have to print the backs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.