Peter O'Connor
msg tools
mb
We all know this game was never completed. It's a sad truth. But I am here to potentially rectify that issue. Using my nerdish powers of analysis and my creativity, as well as some helpful hints from the precious few pictures dropped for Series 6, I have begun work on something I call "Series 6", note the quotation marks. Now, this contains some old work of mine, and it by far and away has not been play-tested, but it's a taste of what could have been, and for the hungry, a taste of what could be.

These works shall be contained in a two-part format. The first part lists what abilities were never used by established figures in the faction ability sheets, and what abilities were never listed in the faction ability sheets. Working through them proved to be interesting and enlightening, to some degree. There's some odd and unique stuff that never got into the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O'Connor
msg tools
mb
Subterrran Uprising
Nesting (action)
Relocation (action)
Summon (action)
Teleport (action)
Chain Reaction (blast)
Crunch (blast)
Feeding Frenzy (power)
Amplify (skill)
Charge (skill)
Cloak (skill)
Decoy (skill)
Fortify (skill)
Gang (skill)
Indirect Fire (skill)
Infiltrate (skill)
Logistics (skill)
Power Tap (skill)
Steady (skill)
Weaken (skill)

Odd Abilities Out:
Fortified (Drillcon)
Limited (Ral Kurrik)
Power Drain (Mollok Mortar)
Fragile (Glass Promos)

The Potential Suspects (Homebrew Series 6)

Mollok Cannon / SU Combat Unit
Speed: 4
Defense: 3
Brawl: 1*0 / 1*1
Blast: 2*1s / 2*2s
Cost: 1 / 2
Abilities: Chain Reaction (blast), Indirect Fire, Burrow, Leadership (Elite)
This unit was based on the preview image of that cute little mole unit with the gun. The Mortars and Grinder Tanks are better brawlers, but this chap’s gun is up there with them. I decided to add in Chain Reaction (Blast) because I thought it’d fit in thematically. It can be removed for balance reasons.

Seismic Machine / SU Support Unit
Defense: 4
Brawl: 1*0
Blast: Nope
Cost: 2
Abilities: Nesting, Burrow, Power Tap
Really, this one came about by the oddity that is Nesting. I honestly didn’t expect to see it on the list of abilities. That inspired some kind of machine that pounds the ground, either summoning in units from deep under the Earth, or disrupting the channels of power the enemy have. It’s tough but slow, and could be even slower safely because of in-faction Tow. I gave it a high cost because, honestly, it looks to be a useful unit. But everything could fluctuate.

Drill Fortress / SU Installation
Defense: 6
Blast: 2*1s
Energy: 4
Abilities: Relocation, Teleport, Cloak (red), Weaken
Relocation was a big tip-off on the SU Installation - It had to have the ability, as it was the only one that could use it. The rest is more pondering. Teleport on a building is like the GUARD Installation, and because of the connection with blocking out the Sun in the faction bio, I decided to give it red cloak to add to general survivability. At the same time, I gave it weaken for further advantage. Drill Fortresses are high-profile targets now, but also highly useful. Unfortunately, I couldn’t justify adding in Spire or Chemical Spill because they weren’t on the SU ability sheet. If they were, I’d twink this structure to have those without it being as broken.

Combinok-Zurkaas / SU Morpher Monster
Alpha
Rig-Ubbo (1 /4)
Speed: 6
Defense: 5
Brawl: 3*1
Blast: 2*1S
Health: 5
Abilities: Crunch (Brawl), Burrow, Charge, Gang
Leb-Ubbo (2 /4)
Brawl: 2*1
Blast: 3*1s
Abilities: Summon, Amplify, Burrow, Fortify
Rig-Loruz (3 /4)
Blast: 2*1s
Abilities: Burrow, Decoy, Logistics, Infiltrate
Leb-Loruz (4 /4)
Blast: 3*1L
Abilities: Crunch (blast), Explosion (blast), Burrow
Alpha forms for Morphers are tough, because they get a hell of a lot of abilities. It’s normally 16 potential abilities, but it’s really ‘only’ 12, once movement abilities are handed out. This means you can have devastating power potential in a Morpher’s alpha state. In order to make it simpler, I gave each part a ‘role’ to play. Rig-Ubbo is a brawler, liking to move and attack with his buddies. Leb-Ubbo is a stay-at-home camper fellow, staying on a button space and increasing the power of his allies. Rig-Loruz is a tech guy, hard to hit and making things easier to hit. Finally, Leb-Loruz is a blast expert. I couldn’t actually give Leb-Loruz the full set of abilities, or the set would be too powerful. As it stands, this set can roll a truly monstrous amount of B-dice when in formation, and can deal 4 damage a turn if lucky! Of course, they are fragile for a monster, being easy to hit and having plenty of targets.
Combinok-Zurkaas / SU Metamoprh (Ultra / Mega)
Speed: 6 / 5
Defense: 7 / 7
Brawl: 6*4 / 7*2
Blast: 7*2L / 8*2L
Power: 7*3 / 8*4
Health: 5 / 6
Hyper: 4 / 4
Abilities:
Ultra: Energy Cycle, Follow Through (Brawl), Crunch (Blast), Burrow, Steady
Mega: Nesting, Feeding Frenzy (Power), Following Fire (Power), Burrow, Steady
Metamorphs, the hyper forms of Morpher monsters, tend to be a bit scatterbrained in their construction, but have a solid direction. They almost all have good offensive abilities, and when they don’t, they’ve got good defensive abilities instead. I used the two abilities I hadn’t used until this point to guide my construction of this monster. Ultra Combinok is a bit dice-hungry, but is immune to body slams, for what it’s worth. Mega Combinok is the form I’m more confident in. He feels more in-line with some of the other monsters, yet can bring out a unit if he fills out a requirement and he gets a benefit from them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O'Connor
msg tools
mb
Tritons
Relocation
Energy Cycle
Marker
Demolish (Blast)
Hit & Run (Blast)
Lightning Attack (Blast)
Multishot (Brawl)
Siphon (Brawl)
Weapon Master (Power)
Spire
Amplify
Cloak
Discount
Drain Life
Flight
Force Field
16 Unused Abilities

Unlisted Abilities: Demolish (Brawl), Limited, Fragile

Sonar Boats/ Tritons (G/E Unit)
Speed: 5
Brawl: N/A
Blast: 2*1s (2*2s-e)
Cost: 1 (2-e)
Abilities: Hover, Radar (Red For Elites), Leadership (Elite)
Sonar Boats are combative units equipped with hover jets and potent cannons - yet they cannot attack in melee. Despite this, they are equipped with advance sound-based tracking systems that, for the elites, can be communicated to even the beasts of the Tritons. The idea for this unit came while looking at Hunter Ko’Ral, the only figure in the faction to have Radar. Now, I figure that the character units were last-minute creations, as their abilities didn’t show up on the series reference sheets sometimes. This gave me the idea to do what the Spitter did and make a unit with radar. However, because the Grunt also has radar, they do not get the bonus from securing a building with Radar or Radar Network.

Medusal Lurker/ Tritons (Support Unit)
Speed: 3
Defense: 4
Blast: None
Cost: 1
Abilities: Drain Life, Shelter (Red), Force Field (Red), Amphibious
Some mutant combination of Sea Slug and Sea Anemone, Medusal Lurkers are slow, but incredibly hard to root out. Their wavering tendrils give unpleasant shocks to those that attack near them, and a sickly, toxic feeling that they emanate prevents healing. They’re tough, and built to secure locations.

Megashell Temple / Tritons (Installation)
Defense: 6
Brawl: 2*0
Blast:
Abilities: Relocation, Amplify (Red), Discount, Spire
Titanic living structures of coral placed upon the shell of some long-dead crustaceous colossus, they are pulled along like crude chariots by a pair of massive hermit crabs who call the base of the building their home. They form good structures to build a power base around, and Spire means that your foe won’t want to get too close to them.

Hydraxus / Tritons Morpher (Alpha)
Elektrus (Alpha ¼)
Abilities: Demolish (Blast), Lightning Attack (Blast), Flight, Reach
Toxnos (Alpha 2/4)
Abilities: Multi-shot (Brawl), Siphon (Brawl, Red), Flight, Reach
Luxinus (Alpha ¾)
Abilities: Energy Cycle (Red), Marker (Red), Flight, Reach
Propulus (Alpha 4/4)
Abilities: Hoist, Hit & Run (Blast, Red), Flight, Reach
Hydraxus / Tritons Metamorph (Ultra / Mega)
Speed: 5 / 5
Defense: 5 / 7
Brawl: 7*2 / 8*2
Blast: 8*3L / 7*3L
Power: 8*2 / 8*4
Health: 7 / 5
Hyper: 3 / 5
Abilities - Ultra: Tow, Radial Attack (Brawl), Flight, Negation, Reach
Abilities - Mega: Command, Weapon Master (Power), Cloak, Flight, Reach
First shown off as a preview of molds to come, Hydraxus is intended to by that mysterious Jellyfish that was tied down with part of a battleship. I am still torn over whether or not that thing is the monster or the installation, but decided to make it the monster. You see, jellyfish are not known for their brain-power...or senses...or physical strength...or anything that would make them be able to throw down with other giant monsters at a gigantic scale. However, as Siphonophores are colonial organisms and are closely related to Jellyfish, it makes for an easy morpher.
Hydraxus is the legion-bodied morpher monster of the Tritons, and is an idiotic force of destruction brimming with both toxic and electrical powers. Its components can fire off bolts of lightning that turn buildings into hazardous live wires before they collapse in on themselves, drain the power from their foes, focus bioluminescent spotlights onto designated targets, and manipulate the air around them to push both themselves and their allies around the board.
When they use those powers in tandem, it causes the components to attach to each other and mutate rapidly in a bizarre display of biology to form the oceanic electro nemesis Hydraxus. As Hydraxus, its toxic body can prevent prolonged contact with foes while its many tentacles and tendrils lash out around it, or divert its massive power into clouding itself while charging up its tendrils to devastating effect when it grabs ahold of its foes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O'Connor
msg tools
mb
Empire of the Apes Unused Abilities
Beacon
Ignite
Rage
Beat Back (Blast)
Chain Attack (Blast) (Commander Haldar)
Fling (Brawl)
Hit & Run (Blast)
Lightning Attack (Blast)
Synchronized Move (Blast)
Distract
Drain Life
Jam
Shelter
12 Unused Abilities (13?)

Unlisted Abilities: Hasten, Temporal Displacement, Anti-Air, Limited, Fragile, Indirect Fire

Potential Series 6

Pyro Ape / EotA (g/e unit)
Brawl: 2*0 (2*1 e)
Blast: 1*1s (1*2s e)
Cost: 1 (2 e)
Abilities: Ignite, Chain Reaction (Blast), Bomber, Leadership (Elite)
When I saw Ignite, I knew I had to make a flamethrower-wielding ape. It isn’t exactly environmentally-friendly, and there really is no reason to have more crowd control, but damn if it wouldn’t be fun!

Drumline Ape / Eota(support unit)
Abilities: Rage (Red), Distract, Motivator
The Drumline Ape is a concept I’ve had for a while. There’s Intelligence, Logistics, and now Moral Support. Loud moral support. He’s got a host of useful abilities that generically boost the Ape forces. Should be good fun.

Guerilla Hideout / EotA Installation
Energy: 3
Abilities: Beacon, Shelter (Red), Force Field (Red), Jam
Though this is an installation without an attack, it’ll still be a major pain in the butt. It makes units stationed near it tougher, has Beacon for movement shenanigans, and Jam. Because.

Doctor Zondo / EotA Morpher
Dr. Zondo / EotA (Alpha ¼)
Blast: 3*0L
Abilities: Lightning Attack (Blast), Synchronized Move (Blast), Jump, Logistics
Engineer Aondo (Alpha 2/4)
Blast: 2*2L
Abilities: Drain Life, Distract (Red), Jam, Jump
Technician Bondo (Alpha ¾)
Blast: 2*2L
Abilities: Beacon, Hit & Run (Blast, Red), Jump, Motivator
Clyde (Alpha 4/4)
Brawl: 3*2
Abilities: Rage (Red), Riled (Red), Intensify, Jump
Doctor Zondo, as he calls himself, was the first of the Apes to come into contact with Humanity. He did not enjoy the experience. Captured by a secretive organization, he was cruelly experimented upon in a secret laboratory on an island in the Pacific Ocean. There, his intellect was painfully expanded, making him incredibly intelligent. To further his pains, he was targeted with a device that could alter size. The prototype did not work as expected, causing his size to alter every moment, either increasing or shrinking. Desperately, he built a belt to control the changes, but this breakthrough inadvertently helped his captors. They reverse-engineered his own discoveries in the size-changing technology and used that for their own purposes, coming out in the Monsterpocalypse as the Shadow Sun Syndicate.

Though he was scheduled to be destroyed, Doctor Zondo broke out, losing an arm in the process, and made his way back to his people with a harrowing tale. He convinced King Kondo to take up the mantle and declare war on destructive Humanity, and bolstered their forces with technology he made. Helping him are Engineer Aondo, Technician Bondo, and Clyde.

While Zondo fights with the changes dealt to him, Aondo and Bondo fight with Power Staffs of Zondo’s make that produce strange effects. Meanwhile, Clyde has to carry around an Energy Generator. When the situation calls for it, Clyde can focus power through the staffs of Aondo and Bondo to supercharge Zondo’s belt, granting him staggering power and size.
Doctor Zondo / EotA Metamorph (Ultra / Mega)
Defense: 6 / 7
Brawl: 7*3 / 8*3
Blast: 8*4L / 8*3L
Power: 7*2 / 7*2
Health: 6 / 6
Hyper: 3 / 4
Abilities:
Ultra: Rage (Blue), Follow Through (Brawl), Lightning Attack (Blast), Climb
Mega: Fling (Brawl), Beat Back (Blast), Adaptable, Jump, Riled
Of course, we have an image of the good doctor, whatever his actual name may be. I had to repeat a lot of abilities, as the EotA has the least amount of abilities I think I’ve seen in a faction yet! Zondo became a heavy blaster monster, targeting foes with his brutally strong Quantic Cannon, a device he is glad he has yet to see among the human arsenal. However, as a smaller ape, he lacks for power. The design is, of course, to have either Aondo or Bondo stand next to him and charge up his attack. Aondo is geared towards debuffing, but the force would have to get uncomfortably close to do so. Bondo is mobility-focused, though I originally thought of him as the coward of the quartet. Clyde is a bit of a cheerleader piece. He’s there to get power and hit people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O'Connor
msg tools
mb
Savage Swarm
Unused Abilities:
Nesting
Transport
Rage
Marker
Blitz (Blast) (?!?)
Chain Attack (Blast)
Crunch (Brawl)
Overload (Power)
Power Gorge (Brawl)
Siphon (Blast)
Amplify
Armour-Piercing
Cargo
Distract
Logistics
Mire
No-Fly Zone
Smoke-Screen
19 Unused Abilities, 18 not counting the seemingly-misprinted Blitz (Blast).

Unlisted Abilities: Blitz (Brawl), Fireproof, Limited, Motivator, Penetrator, Fragile.

6 unlisted abilities, and 4 of them were on Warlord Rifa. This only proves my point that the character units were last-minute developments. Meanwhile, Blitz (Brawl) is an oddity, as it’s used on 3 different figures across 2 different series, and nothing uses the listed Blitz (Blast). I’m guessing that this is just a print error, and therefore shan’t construct any figures with this ability. And, of course, Fragile is found on the promotional glass units.

Killerpillar / Savage Swarm (g/e unit)
Brawl: 1*0 (1*1e)
Cost: 1 (2 e)
Abilities: Amplify, Cargo, Leadership (Elite)
I was wondering for the longest time what I would come up with for the final g/e-slot Savage Swarm unit, but then I came across Transport. What were they doing there? For what purpose - and what bug - could they exist for? Of course, I wanted to do a butterfly unit for the longest of times, and I also wanted to make another blasting unit (There’s not enough love for the Spy Flys), so I came up with the Killerpillar, a caterpillar that spits out globs of acid. They’re slow, but they like them their power spaces.

Dustcloud Moth / Savage Swarm (support unit)
Defense: 2
Brawl: no
Blast: no
Cost: 2
Abilities: Transport, Smokescreen, Flight

Bringing the dustbowl with them, these giant flies constantly emit a semi-toxic dust that obscures vision and clogs sensory equipment. In addition, they often drop in Killerpillars, as Killerpillars are their larval forms.

The Steelback Roach is an impressive defensive piece - sort of. It kind of flubs its job and doesn’t seem to have an established role, especially seeing how Pathfinder is unreliable. As the Savage Swarm thing seems to be replacing units with better ones, it seems only fitting that the Steelback Roach becomes even more useless while interconnectivity inside the Savage Swarm increases. Dustcloud Moths’ primary purpose is a defensive buff, though their defense is terrible and they have no attack. They also interact with the Killerpillars well by dropping in them to the battlefield.

With these two units, I now want to run a special force with Mucustos (Either Version). The units are only: Cliff Hoppers, Spy Flies, Killerpillars, and Dustcloud Moths. Ultimate range and ranged support. I think it’d be fun.

Death Hive / Savage Swarm (Installation Building)
Abilities: Nesting (Red), Drain Life (Red), Distract, No-Fly Zone

Toxic dumps made by mutant bees and ants building colonies around captured machinery and carcasses, these despicable location teem with larval insect life. Their wriggling surfaces are unnerving, to say the least, and everyone from the dumbest Carnidon to the most revolting Cthulian avoids these hives for fear of being torn apart.

Nesting was a logical case, given this faction, but I decided to put it on the structure. The most well-known animal structures on earth belong to the insects, so it makes sense to have them use that fact for their structure. It’s mainly for summoning units, but you want to plant it strategically in order to use Nesting to maximum effect.

The Swarm King / Savage Swarm (1/2/3/4 Morpher Alpha)
Speed: 5 / 5 / 5 / 5
Defense: 5 / 5 / 5 / 5
Brawl: 3*1 / 3*1 / 3*1 / 3*1
Blast: 2*1s / 2*1s / 2*1s / 2*1s
1-Maggotrax: Crunch (Brawl), Power Gorge (Brawl), Burrow, Countermeasures (Red)
2-Larvriver: Synchronized Move (Blast), Burrow, Logistics, Radar (Red)
3-Mandibuzzer: Marker (red), Burrow, Distract, Flank
4-Wormikin: Nesting, Burrow, Drain Life, Mire (red)

4 of the largest grubs that form a rolling, mobile mass of radioactive insect flesh, these things are proof of the instinctive horror of the Savage Swarm. With their strong jaws, they burrow through the ground and gnaw buildings to the ground.

As always, it’s a challenge making morphers, especially if you want them to have the semblance of balance. There were very few clues for this morpher in the unused abilities, and I had to double-back on abilities a lot. What I ended up with was a kind of lopsided team where one unit really wanted to brawl and the others helped.
The Swarm King - Metamorph (Ultra/Mega)
Defense: 6 / 7
Brawl: 8*3 / 7*2
Blast: 7*2L / 8*4s
Power: 7*2 / 7*3
Ultra: Rage, Weapon Master (Brawl), Crunch (Blast), Flight
Mega: Chain Attack (Blast), Siphon (Blast), Overload (Power), Armor-Piercing, Burrow

The writhing, pulsating, wriggling form of the Swarm King is assembled when burrowing maggots, grubs, and larvae are called up from their hiding place underground by its four leaders. Assembled by glue-like mucus and quickly growing claws and wings to fight and fly with, the Swarm King is nothing short of repulsive. There isn’t a single moment where its rubbery, glistening skin isn’t moving with the motions of flesh-eating maggots, and its smaller members fall off constantly only to crawl back to the conjoined swarm and stick themselves back on.

….I think I just grossed myself out with that one. Anywho, nothing particular to note with the hyper form, oddly. I did spot a certain high-damage trick in the abilities listed that can give you three damage in one turn via blasting and swating. Overload isn’t that useful, but it seems at least one version of this monster was destined to be a shooty bug.

This monster is wholly based off of the preview image of what Willpell (alternatively Mars Elemental) called ‘The Swarm King’, which is a whole bunch of icky bugs forming one huge thing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Brenton
United States
Brighton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You've got some really interesting stuff here. I'll come back & interact with it some more when I've got more loose time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O'Connor
msg tools
mb
UberCorp
Unused Abilities
Business Center
Manufacture
Lightning Attack (Blast)
Overload (Blast)
Blazing Inferno
Annihilate
Countermeasures
Fuel Depot
Jam
Juggernaut
Logistics
Reach
Safeguard

14 Unused Abilities

Unlisted Abilities: Intensify, Limited, Satellite Support, Fragile.

Juggernaut is the only true surprise amongst the unused abilities. I didn’t think it’d be a song and dance the Ubercorp would have in their repertoire. That said, they do use a lot of what was already listed. It’s actually kinda neat.

The Concepts
:

Cyber Scorcher / Ubercorp (g/e unit)
Brawl: 1*0 (1*1e)
Cost: 1 (2e)
Abilities: Flight, Leadership (Elite), Power Cycle (Red, Elite)

Ubercorp has a habit of making old units their own. Carnidon into Carnitron, Chomper into Mecha Chomper, Brontox into Robo Brontox, you get the picture. And we also got the picture of the Cyber Scorcher as part of the series 6 previews! Now, what should I do for this, thought to myself. So I took a look at the unit trends. The Carnitron is strictly better, of course. However, the Mecha Chomper has Gang instead of Feeding Frenzy, focusing on a different group tactic. The Robo Brontox still likes power spaces, but gathers more power instead of popping out units. Mecha Task Masters have command over Telekinesis. The trend is a similar unit with a slightly different ability to create a newfound purpose - a robotic copy, if you will.

The Scorcher’s role is mainly as a mobile ranged unit (okay, no problems there), with a crowd control ability. Well, Ubercorp already has that! Finally, scorcher elites have Power Cycle (Red) on them. The only thing I could think of was to make the Cyber Scorcher a powerful, if bland, ranged unit that you stack with others to get their triggers off. Furthermore, I nicked the Power Cycle ability, as Ubercorp likes its red abilities, so why not?

UCI ADV / Ubercorp (support unit)
Abilities: Countermeasures, Jam (Red), Hover

The Ubercorp International Activity Denial Vehicle is Ubercorp’s only other original idea in their personal army. Using their technological resources, they have created a vehicle organized around countering enemy resourcefulness, with the aim to out-compete their competitors for Earth!

Bit of an interesting choice, but I made this based on some observational input. Though the MRV is unique, the other units are robo-ripoffs. There’s 2 Terrasaur copies, 2 Cthulian copies, and 2 Planet Eater copies. It’d make for a lopsided list that added in 1 unit from any other faction at all.

Ubercorp International Center / Ubercorp (Instillation Building)
Abilities: Business Center, Manufacture (Red), Blazing Inferno, Fuel Depot

A local office, open-air factory, and maintenance station all wrapped up into one, the terror of the Monsterpocalypse has given Ubercorp the capital and opportunity to build these structures world-wide.

Okay, this one wrote itself. 3 of those unlisted abilities were building-only abilities, and the 4th was perfect for a factory structure. I decided against giving it attack stats because it’d scare the public. They aren’t building a fortress here! Though they may do a bid to turn Earth into a Dystopia under Ubercorp rule.

Quadratron / Ubercorp (1/2/3/4 Morpher Alpha)
Speed: 7 / 5 / 5 / 5
Defense: 4 / 5 / 6 / 6
Brawl: no / 3*2 / 2*1 / 2*1
Blast: 2*0 / 2*2s / 3*1s / 3*1s
-1-UCI Unifyer Unit: Refuel, Synchronized Move (Blast, Red), Logistics, Flight
-2-Dynamic Trontacle: Power Gorge (Brawl, Red), Overload (Blast), Burrow, Reach
-3-Mecha Barreler: Command, Hit & Run (Brawl), Jump, Cloak (Red)
-4-Robo-Ranch: Transport, Jump, Safeguard, High Impact (Red)

Projecting an image of unity under a diverse variety of conditions, Quadratron firsts arrives to the battlefield in a tactical arrangement: 4 separate components that can each act on their own. The UCI Unifyer Unit is the brains of the operation. While it is fragile and a very poor attacker, it deals out commands to its allies and considers the best courses of action with the newest calculating technology. The Dynamic Trontacle is the heaviest hitter of the entire operation, as its form crackles with energy. The Mecha Barreler and the Robo-Ranch both provide skilled back-up with their own unique abilities. Fun fact: The board of directors practically salivated when Quadratron was first revealed to them. Giant Mechas do truly appeal to everyone.

So, the morpher was a lot easier than I thought it’d be. I went with the old stand-by; copy everything in sight, and tweak it. I decided to copy morpher bits from the Terrasaurs, Lords of Cthul, and Planet Eaters, and give them their own unique Ubercorp Vehicle to head the operation. There’s plenty of actions to be had with this set, literally, as you can deploy a cargo unit, command any unit around the board, or move up extra-far with a morpher segment. Its biggest weak point is, of course, the Unifyer Unit, which has poor stats save for its speed, and more leads from the back.

Quadratron Metamorph (Ultra/Mega)
Speed: 6 / 7
Defense: 7 / 6
Brawl: 7*3 / 8*2
Blast: 8*4 / 7*4
Power: 7*3 / 7*3
Ultra: Chain Attack (Brawl), Lightning Attack (Blast), Flight, Power Sink
Mega: Rage, Burrow, Annihilate, Juggernaut

Form Feet and Legs! Form Hands and Arms! Form Body and Head! When Quadratron’s components combine to form its body, it assumes a unique shape as Ubercorp reinvents the past into a better future! With parts from the Robo-Ranch and Mecha Barreler as legs, the Dynamic Trontacle as the tail, and the UCI Unifyer Unit forming the head, Quadratron becomes a unique mechanical hero read to save the people! However, what isn’t mentioned is the ‘Termination’ mode, that turns the gigantic frankenstein machine into a wrecking ball of utter destruction!

Ubercorp Aesthetic? Juggernaut and Annihilate among the unlisted abilities? I’m going to have fun with this one! And thus it all fell together into a satisfying package. I may need to draw this one out, it’s such a cool idea!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O'Connor
msg tools
mb
Elemental Champions
Unused Abilities:
- Sprint
- Pathfinder
- Marker
- Power Cycle
- Follow Through (Power)
- Hit & Run (Brawl)
- Hit & Run (Power)
- Lightning Attack (Brawl)
- Radial Attack (Brawl)
- Synchronized Move (Brawl)
- Cloak
- Force Field
- Fortify
- Gang
- Martial Artist
- Resilience
- Spotter
16 Unused Abilities

Unlisted Abilities: Hoist, Multishot (Brawl), Fling (Blast), Fragile, Limited, Safeguard, Steady, Tenacious

Okay, the real shocker here is Tectomoc. He actually has abilities that aren’t listed, and listed abilities could’ve fit him easily. Does that mean that *gasp* he was actually play-tested?! I say, Probably. Steady isn’t listed, but Resilience is. I’m thinking that Tectomoc’s Alpha form had Resilience, but it was traded out for the more limited Steady based on the absurd toughness his already-potent alpha form had. And Tenacious, his signature ability, is weirdly unlisted. Huh. Who knows what it could’ve been.

The Suggestions:

Fire Avatar / Elemental Champions (g/e unit)
Brawl: 2*0 (2*1e)
Blast: 1*0L (1*1e-L)
Cost: 1 (2e)
Abilities: Marker, Radial Attack (Brawl), Leadership (Brawl)
Wearing hats line with short barrels on them, Fire Avatars’ natural powers of incineration are focused through their metal dome into a circle around them, dousing the area around them cleansing fire. Their liberal application of flame comes from a ‘Better Safe Than Sorry’ attitude.
One of the preview images we got for the defunct Series 6, the ‘Fire Avatar’ wore a hat with guns on it. Silly, but cool. I knew this unit had to be aggressive, but the only thing that I thought would apply would be some crowd-clearing skills, like that of their leader Incinerus. But Marker makes these guys quite useful.

Wind Avatar / Elemental Champions (support unit)
Speed: 7
Brawl: n/a
Blast: n/a
Abilities: Sprint (Red), Cloak, Quick, Flight
Literally a Kamikaze, or ‘Wind of the Gods’, Wind Avatars are purely peaceful, and do not wish to cause trouble. Their powers allow them to speed up allies close to them, and they themselves are fast enough and faint enough to be almost impossible to catch.
This one came together remarkably easily. It was a support unit, and wind is associated with movement, so movement it is!

Zen Monastery / Elemental Champions (Building)
Brawl: n/a
Blast: n/a
Abilities: Energy Cycle (Red), Countermeasures, Fortify (Red)
Built on top of ley lines, Zen Monastaries are places dedicated to the sanctity of the Earth. The elemental avatars and kamis summoned by the Elemental Champions instinctively protect these places without instruction, lessening the tax on the mind for their summoners.
Without building-specific abilities, I was a bit lost on this one, and ended up making something that is… underwhelming. I really would’ve appreciated a clear sign, but none are to be had.

Omicus the All-In-One / Elemental Champions (1/2/3/4 Morpher Alpha)
Speed: 6 / 6 / 5 / 6
Defense: 5 / 5 / 6 / 5
Brawl: 3*1 / 3*1 / 2*2 / 2*0
Blast: 3*1 / 3*1 / 2*0 / 2*2
-1- Blazus: Ignite, Hit & Run (Brawl), Synchronized Move (Brawl, Red), Flight
-2- Wavia: Extinguish, Energy Cycle, Burrow, Gang (Red)
-3- Tremuur: Crunch (Brawl), Power Gorge (Brawl), Burrow, Force Field (Red)
-4- Breezus: Pathfinder (Red), Flight, Spotter, Quick
Smaller armors built to channel the innate energies that govern the elemental world, they were originally one armor that proved to be to… weird for the monks’ personal tastes and were remade. Each set can channel one of the 4 elements, and each has their own user. Together, they form a formidable team that can react to dangers quickly.
More-or-less a little slice of each regular monster, they each do their own thing that happens to gel well together. Morphers are a tricky business, so I’m not sure of what else to say.
Omicus the All-In-One Metamorph (Ultra/Mega)
Speed: 7 / 7
Defense: 6 / 6
Brawl: 8*3 / 7*3
Blast: 7*2L / 7*2L
Power: 7*3 / 8*3
Ultra: Power Cycle, Lighting Attack (Brawl), Jump, Resilience
Mega: Follow Through (Brawl), Hit & Run (Power), Jump, Martial Artist
Combining the power of all elements and tapping into them all at one place brings forth a unique kind of being, the androgynous Omicus the All-In-One! As Blazus, Wavia, Tremuur, and Breezus are rendered unconscious when they combine, it is speculated that Omicus may be the humanoid form of some kind of Harmony Avatar or Kami. What they are, however, isn’t exactly known, even by the advanced instruments of the Shadow Sun Syndicate or the blasphemous knowledge of the Lords of Cthul.
Well, you take what you can get, and given the unexpected oddity of Tectomoc’s unused abilities, I made, I think, a potent metamorph with them. Omicus is definitely the ‘Captain Planet’ elemental, combining all four elements into a thingy. Omicus, in my head, is an androgynous armored being whose unarmored sections glow white, but are a mix of detailing of fire, water, wind, and earth into a homogenous blend of elements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.