Caverna: The Cave Farmers» Forums » Rules

Subject: Breeding two types of farm animals rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Code Virus
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Hello, I just played my first Caverna game and I was under the impression that every pair of animals can breed. For example: 2 sheeps and two cows will have one offspring each (in the same breeding phase) as long as there is room for them. Then, I got close to weapon 14 and one of the rewards were that I can breed 2 types of animals. Was I doing breeding wrong? Can I only breed more animals as part of that reward and on normal phase only one animal can be born? I can find the rule anywhere.

What is the difference between lvl14 reward and normal breeding?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Yeager
United States
Ypsilanti
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your impression is correct; during the breeding phase, your animals (except for dogs) that you have two or more of, and have a place for the offspring, breed to create one additional animal. The level 14 reward is an out-of-phase bonus breeding, that allows you to immediately breed up to two different animals right then and there, separate from the usual breeding phase.

I hope that helps!
Alex Yeager
Mayfair Games/Lookout Games/Twilight Creations
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Code Virus
United States
flag msg tools
mb
AlexYeager wrote:

I hope that helps!
Alex Yeager
Mayfair Games/Lookout Games/Twilight Creations

It sure does. Love the game and my wife does as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Pelkofer
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
codevirus wrote:
Hello, I just played my first Caverna game and I was under the impression that every pair of animals can breed. For example: 2 sheeps and two cows will have one offspring each (in the same breeding phase) as long as there is room for them. Then, I got close to weapon 14 and one of the rewards were that I can breed 2 types of animals. Was I doing breeding wrong? Can I only breed more animals as part of that reward and on normal phase only one animal can be born? I can find the rule anywhere.

What is the difference between lvl14 reward and normal breeding?

Just wanted to make sure this is clear: when breeding animals as part of a normal harvest, you add 1 more animal if you have 2 or more of that type. So, if you have 2 sheep and 2 cows, you get 1 more sheep and 1 more cow. If you have 4 sheep and 6 cows, you get 1 more sheep and 1 more cow (not 2 sheep and 3 cows). Maybe you had it right, but I couldn't tell from the wording of your question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.