Subject: Release Date Estimate rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
andy hagel
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Straight up, just want to hear what the release date estimate is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jochen Wiesner
Germany
Düsseldorf
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
According to the kickstarter project, it's june 2017.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Byrd
United States
Griffin
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I remember, the June date is to ship the KS pledge rewards, but I do not know if there has been discussion on a retail release date. I think IG is just working on the KS first before they see what the state of affairs is after the dust settles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andy hagel
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, guys! I looked and looked at the kickstarter page and couldn't locate a release date. I'm sure it's shortsightedness on my part but I seem to have that problem with most new game Kickstarter pages and some forums at this site...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's always an estimated delivery under each pledge level. I think its required, as I've never not seen one there. Of course, when a project slips, that date doesn't change, so you have to monitor the updates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
archaeonic wrote:
Straight up, just want to hear what the release date estimate is.

Kickstarter Campaign page, right hand side towards the top of the page.

I think most KS projects have the release date as part of the Pledge details.

Quote:
Pledge £19 or more

Adventuring Party

One copy of the Legends Untold game (Caves Set). We will not ship to Russia or Brazil.

Estimated delivery
Jun 2017

Quote:
Pledge £38 or more

Bigger Party

Two copies of the Legend Untold game The Caves Set and EITHER
an additional Caves Set
OR
the Caves Set and Sewers Set

Additional copies of either Caves or Sewers set can be purchased at £19 per copy (no additional shipping cost anywhere in the world) by increasing your pledge. We will conduct a backer survey at the end of the campaign to clarify your preference on the mix of sets.

Estimated delivery
Jun 2017
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty McFly
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That release date seems VERY ambitious for a first-time publisher. Has the publisher commented on their confidence in this timing?

The game looks very interesting to me, but I've had some bad KS experiences with first time publishers (for example, there's a different card game that is over a year late and may never actually be delivered it seems -- and that's only cards, no tokens, dice, etc.).

Obviously, there's no guarantees, but I came here to ask the same question (with probably a bit more cynicism, if I'm being honest) and try to get some assurances that everything is actually ready to go to the printer once the KS is over. The prototype runthroughs look complete (although looking through the updates on KS, it appears that the Sewers set may only have concept sketches for artwork at this time), so I'm cautiously hopeful but haven't backed yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Ducker
msg tools
mb
martidem wrote:
That release date seems VERY ambitious for a first-time publisher. Has the publisher commented on their confidence in this timing?

The game looks very interesting to me, but I've had some bad KS experiences with first time publishers (for example, there's a different card game that is over a year late and may never actually be delivered it seems -- and that's only cards, no tokens, dice, etc.).

Obviously, there's no guarantees, but I came here to ask the same question (with probably a bit more cynicism, if I'm being honest) and try to get some assurances that everything is actually ready to go to the printer once the KS is over. The prototype runthroughs look complete (although looking through the updates on KS, it appears that the Sewers set may only have concept sketches for artwork at this time), so I'm cautiously hopeful but haven't backed yet.

The Caves set is nearly ready to go to the printers with some art (mostly due to kickstarter stretch goals) left to do. The graphic design is complete for both the caves and sewer set. We do have a lot of art to commission for the sewers set but we have different artists for locations/foes/occupations/etc... so we have a plan to deliver those over the next three months from the kickstarter completing now we actually have the money to do so.

We are in regular contact with our manufacturer and have lead times included in our estimate.

We actually hope to be at the UK Games Expo in June with copies to sell, which will only happen if we have fulfilled to all our kickstarter backers first.

We hope nothing will impact us, one of the reasons we went for a card game with a few dice and not lots of add-ons/minis/etc... was that it was relatively simple to get made.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andy hagel
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From Kickstarter

"This is a message we never wanted to deliver but it is appropriate to be upfront and honest about this right at the start. We are going to be late and you have our apologies for this.

"Our June date was based on the original delivery for the Caves set, which we would have reached for the base game. The impact of the stretch goal changes, boosters and Sewers set have added extra time to the delivery date owing to the additional content being delivered. We got that wrong in the whirlwind of the campaign..."

"We have spent some time doing detailed project planning on what is left to be done and are confident (notwithstanding things beyond our control) in a revised delivery date of September/October 2017."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.